Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

The Unsupported Player Trades/Sales Category

I've decided to update you all, or rather remind you all of what this category is,

This category is to house all posts related to sales, trades and buying of cars.

The official stance of Glu is that these activities are not supported. We will not assist in these matters. If you choose to partake in such activities, you do so at your own risk

Here are some warnings/advice:
  • If you buy a car from some one and they don't deliver, we will not assist in getting any money back
  • If you use real currency, we will be unable to assist if an agreement is not fulfilled
  • If you buy an account, please note that the original account owner is the only recognized owner. Should they chose to try and get control of it, we will give it back to them.
  • We don't recognize scammers because we don't recognize agreements made.
  • Should you get banned for moving too much money or cars, we are not obligated to unban you. You can request that Customer Service review your account. Do not expect to be unbanned, they will do so if they see fit,
While we do not condone the act of trades and sales, we have provided an environment for these activities to take place, not because we approve, but because we know we won't be able to stop such activity and we also do not want it flooding the other parts of the forums.

Any and all posts concerning trades, sales and buying will be moved to this category, this includes threads about scammers.

Please note that the forum rules still apply to these posts. Any posts that violate the rules will be addressed accordingly. Keep it civil.

If a thread gets out of hand, we will issue a warning After that, continuing to behave in a manner that violates the rules, can and will lead up to a ban from the forums.

Should you need to review the Forum rules: http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/205477/forum-rules-and-guidelines

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev13

Comments

• DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    Not trying to be mean but this is bull crap you guys should have our back without us you would basically be nothing so just try to a little nicer and take care of us better rather than being a greedy company THIS IS JUST MY OPINION
  • DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    I mean granted I know u where just saying things about trades if just sounded like you where yelling at us
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Not yelling, just making sure you all are informed on our stance about trades and selling. Which is basically we don't support it and you should be careful if you do it.

Not trying to be mean but this is bull crap you guys should have our back without us you would basically be nothing so just try to a little nicer and take care of us better rather than being a greedy company THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

You're asking us to support the black market. We see this game as a racing game. If you use it for other purposes we cannot control that, but we won't support it either. Also I apologize that we are a company that has employees and costs and are here to provide entertainment, but we also need to make money to do that.

• BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    There is no need for anyone to hostile over anything out by the dev team about trades or sales. They were just passing along information that they don't support or endorse these activities but realize they are not able to prevent it to happen. They have also provided us with a place to make such deals at our own risk.

@RR RYST my only complaint is that for well over a year now when a complaint or ticket is filed with support it seems the standard response is 14 days before its addressed. So in a years time there has been no improvement in response to issues some have in game. How much longer will it be before responses to issues are speed up and customer support is provided in a timely matter

You're asking us to support the black market. We see this game as a racing game. If you use it for other purposes we cannot control that, but we won't support it either. Also I apologize that we are a company that has employees and costs and are here to provide entertainment, but we also need to make money to do that.
    Ok what ever sir
    I know you guys aren't supporting the black market
    Granted u guys can't. Get our backs for everything but u guys got most of our backs
    Lol but if you guys aren't supporting the black market why are all you guys letting it slide that people are selling they cars for money which u get NONE of ( woah what a big surprise) or are you letting it slide because uu guys want us to be " happy " (never heard of it )
    Just asking curious
    Bfrail said:

There is no need for anyone to hostile over anything out by the dev team about trades or sales. They were just passing along information that they don't support or endorse these activities but realize they are not able to prevent it to happen. They have also provided us with a place to make such deals at our own risk.

@"RR RYST" my only complaint is that for well over a year now when a complaint or ticket is filed with support it seems the standard response is 14 days before its addressed. So in a years time there has been no improvement in response to issues some have in game. How much longer will it be before responses to issues are speed up and customer support is provided in a timely matter

And like this good friend of mine why do we have to wait so long I know this game has a lot of questions from people bpmake it quicker you need more staff I'll be a staff member either forums now I won be like this I will be nicer of course I applied to be one didn't get response just hire more people not our problem yes I understand that you are trying your hardest
  • SCOTTY7THSCOTTY7TH Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 888 Posts

I've decided to update you all, or rather remind you all of what this category is,

This category is to house all posts related to sales, trades and buying of cars.

The official stance of Glu is that these activities are not supported. We will not assist in these matters. If you choose to partake in such activities, you do so at your own risk

• If you buy a car from some one and they don't deliver, we will not assist in getting any money back
    • If you use real currency, we will be unable to assist if an agreement is not fulfilled
    • If you buy an account, please note that the original account owner is the only recognized owner. Should they chose to try and get control of it, we will give it back to them.
    • Should you get banned for moving too much money or cars, we are not obligated to unban you. You can request that Customer Service review your account. Do not expect to be unbanned, they will do so if they see fit,
    While we do not condone the act of trades and sales, we have provided an environment for these activities to take place, not because we approve, but because we know we won't be able to stop such activity and we also do not want it flooding the other parts of the forums.

Any and all posts concerning trades, sales and buying will be moved to this category, this includes threads about scammers.

Please note that the forum rules still apply to these posts. Any posts that violate the rules will be addressed accordingly. Keep it civil.

If a thread gets out of hand, we will issue a warning After that, continuing to behave in a manner that violates the rules, can and will lead up to a ban from the forums.

Should you need to review the Forum rules: http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/205477/forum-rules-and-guidelines

Please proceed to perform checks / investigation on my account illegally obtained my the user name is Scotty7th
    my collection consisted of http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5314324/account-for-sale-worth-350m-pp-only#latest

Please note I have invested $100's directly to GLU I think it prudent to investigate rather than accept this. It would not be in GLU's interest to dismiss and/or accept this action inevitably condoning the action of logging into another account and stripping. It is my understanding GLU do not recognise trades etc. Hence for all other purpose the act by user "maxed tunes" / "FsAviX" / "codename dutchess" accessed account illegally. I appreciate that security of the account is the responsibility of the user however to dismiss what has happened is to encourage others to do it again. Not only will it be considered acceptable but encourage as it carries no penalty. It may also deter others from applying real $ in the game in the knowledge if their assets are stolen GLU will sit back.

Please also confirm what GLU's stance is on digital ownership, was my $ considered rental or purchasing as I have been reciprocated and do not have the purchased items in my possession no longer.

I would also like a forum review on the users contained within this thread :http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5314465/scotty7th-u-piece-of-shit-cock-suckered/p8 . Llack of action would condone such behaviour and encourage it in the future please confirm how RR / GLU are to proceed I look forward to your response.

Scott

Lol but if you guys aren't supporting the black market why are all you guys letting it slide that people are selling they cars for money which u get NONE of ( woah what a big surprise) or are you letting it slide because uu guys want us to be " happy " (never heard of it )

Because we don't have the resources to pursue these things. Honestly, it happens with a lot of games. We would need a dedicated department to hunt down and address "real life" sales. You complain about the wait times for Customer Service, its all resources They aren't infinite. We've increased the number of agents in our department, but the player base has also grown along with the amount of tickets being sent.

Also honestly, we have one of the more robust customer service departments in the mobile gaming industry. What does that mean? It means we actually answer and try to assist players because we have tools that allow us to do so. Most mobile games hardly have a customer service department, ones that do are minimal at best and aren't able to actually address in-game issues as much as we do. Are we perfect? No. Do we do the best with what we have and can do? Yes. Is there a way to speed up the time it takes to answer tickets Sure, but at an extreme cost.

Wait times are also high because we actually do offer Customer Support. The more we can do for players, the more players will ask us to do things. So it's not a matter of "us having time to improve support times" its that we as we improve our tools and increase our staff, so do the number of players who contact us for assistance. We've also seen an increase of people using cheat programs, which also increase the volume of tickets. A lot of blame for our increased wait times should be placed on your fellow players that choose to create or use cheats as that has caused our staff to have to investigate these issues more which all take a lot more time.

SCOTTY7TH said:

Please proceed to perform checks / investigation on my account illegally obtained my the user name is Scotty7th
    my collection consisted of http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5314324/account-for-sale-worth-350m-pp-only#latest

Please note I have invested $100's directly to GLU I think it prudent to investigate rather than accept this. It would not be in GLU's interest to dismiss and/or accept this action inevitably condoning the action of logging into another account and stripping. It is my understanding GLU do not recognise trades etc. Hence for all other purpose the act by user "maxed tunes" / "FsAviX" / "codename dutchess" accessed account illegally. I appreciate that security of the account is the responsibility of the user however to dismiss what has happened is to encourage others to do it again. Not only will it be considered acceptable but encourage as it carries no penalty. It may also deter others from applying real $ in the game in the knowledge if their assets are stolen GLU will sit back.

Please also confirm what GLU's stance is on digital ownership, was my $ considered rental or purchasing as I have been reciprocated and do not have the purchased items in my possession no longer.

I would also like a forum review on the users contained within this thread :http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5314465/scotty7th-u-piece-of-shit-cock-suckered/p8 . Llack of action would condone such behaviour and encourage it in the future please confirm how RR / GLU are to proceed I look forward to your response.

Scott
    1. The security of an account is the sole responsibility of the user. We do not store any passwords or even know your actual Game Center or Google Play account, we only really know their nicknames. So if another player has gained access to your account, it's out of our hands. You can only access an account through the device its loaded on, or if the device accessing the account is already logged onto the Game Center, Google Play or Facebook account associated with that racer.

To be clear, we didn't allow anything to happen. All we know is someone with access to the racer, accessed the racer. We have provided what safeguards we can to stop any kind of malicious behavior, but that is the extent of what we will do. Like trades and sales, we do not take responsibility for the security of your Game Center, Google Play or Facebook account information as we do not have any control over access to those accounts which is why the responsibility of those accounts is the responsibility and sole responsibility f the account owner.

To use an analogy. This is the equivalent of someone stealing a gallon of milk from a refrigerator and placing responsibility on the refrigerator manufacturer. They have no control who has access to the house, they simply provide the appliance you store milk in.

@RR RYST thank you sir. Appreciate your responses.

Because we don't have the resources to pursue these things. Honestly, it happens with a lot of games. We would need a dedicated department to hunt down and address "real life" sales. You complain about the wait times for Customer Service, its all resources They aren't infinite. We've increased the number of agents in our department, but the player base has also grown along with the amount of tickets being sent.

Also honestly, we have one of the more robust customer service departments in the mobile gaming industry. What does that mean? It means we actually answer and try to assist players because we have tools that allow us to do so. Most mobile games hardly have a customer service department, ones that do are minimal at best and aren't able to actually address in-game issues as much as we do. Are we perfect? No. Do we do the best with what we have and can do? Yes. Is there a way to speed up the time it takes to answer tickets Sure, but at an extreme cost.

Wait times are also high because we actually do offer Customer Support. The more we can do for players, the more players will ask us to do things. So it's not a matter of "us having time to improve support times" its that we as we improve our tools and increase our staff, so do the number of players who contact us for assistance. We've also seen an increase of people using cheat programs, which also increase the volume of tickets. A lot of blame for our increased wait times should be placed on your fellow players that choose to create or use cheats as that has caused our staff to have to investigate these issues more which all take a lot more time.
    Ok lol at least you guys try to respond
    Ok so if I run code generators on people's accounts if I eventually get in that's ok ?
    Lol. You have to have more than just a code generator. You need the login as well as password and how they log on
    I have various people emails which I imagine in their Google play name
    So if I use that and log in I have the permission of RR to do so.
  • K1TTENSK1TTENS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,066 Posts
    Wow this turned into an argument lol
    edited September 2015
    Not really GLU have inadvertently openly supported scammers hacks and cheats. By using its not my fault approach I may play again now to exploit their previous statements to the extreme as will be considered acceptable, and with the short term gain possibly advised.
  • rivalsgod7rivalsgod7 Registered Users 66 Posts
    Lol scotty when u find a hack that works let me know
  • KanziGamingKanziGaming Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,930 Posts
    edited September 2015
    Agree with @InMyGarage @DrifterMickey is too young to play this game hes too annoying to be honestly always lowball people trash talking

And i dont think @SCOTTY7TH is a scammer hes a good guy

But driftermickey is annoying asf lol
  • ColeChristensenColeChristensen Registered Users 396 Posts
    Selling my renault alpine. Stage 2 upgrades, class X, purple crate rims.

Friend: Cole Christensen (picture is me surfing)
    selling for 5 mil
  • klaws27klaws27 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Rivalsofgod besides she is a scammer now she wants to hack the people accounts tooo..Dammm glu do something about this player alias QUEEN OF RIVALS THE BIGGEST SCAMMER IN THE WHOLE GAME
  • DiamondFoxDiamondFox Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 927 Posts
    I got scammed by someone who had a lot of vouchers, this life is stupid
    Ive got a Maxed Rotana I am selling. Message me with an offer!
  • FsAviXFsAviX Registered Users 290 Posts
    huh? what do i have to do with this??