Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Who pre ordered the new Need For Speed game for PS4

EVO9FQ360EVO9FQ360 Registered Users 1,282 Posts
Thought I'd just ask looks like a great game, I've pre ordered the Dellux Edition :smiley: Comment if u pre Ordered the game too :)

Comments

• DJDUHFHSIANTEMPDJDUHFHSIANTEMP Registered Users 4,151 Posts
    I already have the game
  • JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    edited October 2015
    I never pre-order games. Especially an EA game. With the "always online" DRM crap, I'm betting that nobody will be able to play for a week because they underestimated their server requirements. Like when they released Sim City a few years ago.

Always online DRM never works. So I'm going to wait a while before purchasing it.
  • EVO9FQ360EVO9FQ360 Registered Users 1,282 Posts
    JamesG said:

I never pre-order games. Especially an EA game. With the "always online" DRM crap, I'm betting that nobody will be able to play for a week because they underestimated their server requirements. Like when they released Sim City a few years ago.

Always online DRM never works. So I'm going to wait a while before purchasing it.

Lol I pre ordered the game off the PS store
  • cristhian3261cristhian3261 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 4,676 Posts
    Preordered too. Add me on ps4- l_cristhian_00_l if you wanna play. I barely play now lol but once it's out I should be on more
    EVO9FQ360 said:

JamesG said:

So not only did you purchase something before release, you also got ripped off. I always buy physical copies, not only are they $20-30 cheaper than the PS Store - but if anything happens to my account, at least I'll still have the game.
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    I did
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• EVO9FQ360EVO9FQ360 Registered Users 1,282 Posts
    JamesG said:

EVO9FQ360 said:

JamesG said:

So not only did you purchase something before release, you also got ripped off. I always buy physical copies, not only are they $20-30 cheaper than the PS Store - but if anything happens to my account, at least I'll still have the game.
    I've had the same account since PS3 came out, plus I want to be one of the first ones to play the game at midnight :)
    EVO9FQ360 said:

JamesG said:

EVO9FQ360 said:

JamesG said:

I've had the same account since PS3 came out, plus I want to be one of the first ones to play the game at midnight :)
    True. Get some play time in before the servers get overloaded and you can't play at all.
  • Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    I could've preordered it? My life is finished.
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here

I could've preordered it? My life is finished.

Why pre-order? You could always buy it day 1 anyway. Usually when I go to the store day 1 the guy gives me the pre-order bonuses anyway lol.