Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst's Blog #2 - 5.0 is here!

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey hey, Racing Rivals update 5.0 is now live and by now everyone playing should have been forced to update.

As I said in my previous blog post, 5.0 is the beginning of our new strategy in combating players who are trying to manipulate the game for unfair advantages. Will this wipe out any and all methods one may try? Probably not. If there was a permanent solution for “hackers” many companies wouldn’t still be spending lots of money for finding ways to stop hacking. It really is a never ending battle. All we can do is fight it in the best way we know how.

So what else is in this update?

We have prohibited the ability to have “extra” parts installed on your car. In other words, you should not be able to install both a supercharger and turbo.

If your opponent disconnects, you will be warned, followed by a countdown once your opponent reconnects. While we cannot stop light lag, we make it easier for you to be prepared if a player reconnects.

New customization options
  • We have added a headlight color customization option and a new kind of paint, metallic flake!
Betting Preferences
  • Now you can let your fellow racers know that you prefer to only bet for cash or only for pinks!
New Tournament Improvements
  • You can now enter with either 4 or 8 players, so you shouldn’t have to wait as long for races to begin!
  • Be matched up with similar performing racers. Similar to turf lobbies, you can now race with similar skilled racers.
  • Chat with your fellow racers in the Tournament lobby
!

We’re not done for the year. We have many things planned for the game, some small and some friggin’ huge! I, myself, cannot wait until I can share them with you.
Until next time, Race on!
Ryyst
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    The bugs big chief. What about the roll out bugs?
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    B) glow paint , is that on the way ?
  • Tim122600Tim122600 Registered Users 15 Posts
    Is this stuff like the paint going to be vaulted and go away?
  • youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    When you guys do start fixing the bugs, is there anyway you could NOT fix the wheels on my Hkm? I like these better then the white and gold >:)
    https://imgur.com/QGkQusm
  • Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    Yay...
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
  • ipinrimauipinrimau Registered Users 831 Posts
    good jod glu @Ryyst and the team. i feel safe once again. just when will pinks tournament will be available?

• big daddy dizzlebig daddy dizzle Registered Users 21 Posts
    I can do without all the flashy stuff and junk like that...when will some cars very rolled out that are available to purchase for cash and not gems? How about some new low class cars get released rather than all these r class cars.
  • SkeeroSkeero Registered Users 170 Posts
    Low class cars don't take as many gems to repair during turf. That's why you won't be getting that many new ones.
    edited April 2016

Any new body kits coming? Carbon fiber hoods etc?

Any chance of getting any of the old crate wheels back in the crate? The first place wheels, I used to spend A LOT on crates to get wheels and matte paints. But when you mainly get a "turf eligible" car out of a 10 pack, it really sucks. Especially if it's not even a good car, or one you wouldn't want to use in turf.

I LOVE opening crates, it's a really bad habit. But with the current wheels, and bad cars you get I refuse to buy them. I used to buy $19.99 gems, then the $49.99 and buy crates..
  • BeansterBeanster Registered Users 14 Posts
    B class campaign will not load are they working on this problem
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

The bugs big chief. What about the roll out bugs?

We're working on everything being reported to us

Like... paint to make your cars look like they came out of a Tron rave party or paint that makes your whole car glow in the dark?

Tim122600 said:

Is this stuff like the paint going to be vaulted and go away?

I won't say never... but as far as I know, there aren't plans for that.

ipinrimau said:

good jod glu @Ryyst and the team. i feel safe once again. just when will pinks tournament will be available?

We can turn them back on... we just want to make sure some things work before doing so.

I can do without all the flashy stuff and junk like that...when will some cars very rolled out that are available to purchase for cash and not gems? How about some new low class cars get released rather than all these r class cars.

Which class of car would you like to see more of?

Skeero said:

Any new body kits coming? Carbon fiber hoods etc?

Any chance of getting any of the old crate wheels back in the crate? The first place wheels, I used to spend A LOT on crates to get wheels and matte paints. But when you mainly get a "turf eligible" car out of a 10 pack, it really sucks. Especially if it's not even a good car, or one you wouldn't want to use in turf.

I LOVE opening crates, it's a really bad habit. But with the current wheels, and bad cars you get I refuse to buy them. I used to buy $19.99 gems, then the $49.99 and buy crates..
    I don't know if there are plans for more kits and hoods. They are tricky due to manufacturer restrictions.

As for first place wheels, not sure. For now we don't want to put them in crates to make those that exist more valuable to the people that have them... but maybe as time goes on

As for crates themselves, we're playing with some ideas for maybe adding more crates that are more specialized.

Beanster said:

B class campaign will not load are they working on this problem

Other people have reported this I tried it out and was able to race in the B class campaign races. I'll have to investigate further.

• BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    Seems like alot of issues. Pm chat seems to not work with most ppl i have tried to pm. Cant join any friends. Think that the long anticipated wait for update to get a bunch of issues killes the hype. Cant seem to joun tourny either.
  • traviss45traviss45 Registered Users 1,303 Posts

Like... paint to make your cars look like they came out of a Tron rave party or paint that makes your whole car glow in the dark?
    tron rave part definatley. i want my car to match my blue ace gig wheels ;)
    legit dealer, Trump sucks, IGN VIRUZ MODZ

• PR0DUSTERPR0DUSTER Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 571 Posts
    is it just me or do the lights light up too fast since this update ...there used to be about a 3 second delay after the race was loaded and now theres nearly not enough time to rev
  • youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    An extra little bit of time right there would be nice.
  • PR0DUSTERPR0DUSTER Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 571 Posts
    yeah launching the normal murcielago is a nightmare now
  • greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    I can see the headlight bulbs through the front fenders on the lambo ST. Can that be fixed???
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
  • greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    Drop rates on crates are awful
    33 crate. 2 green light. 4 purp glow. Rest cars and not enough prints to finish one single car. Come on!
  • EmoMatos50EmoMatos50 Registered Users 44 Posts

33 crate. 2 green light. 4 purp glow. Rest cars and not enough prints to finish one single car. Come on!

No man, thats ok. Its just random
  • Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts

No man, thats ok. Its just random
    That's definitely not random. The chances of getting an accessory are significantly lower than a blueprint.
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Here's a suggestion...can we get new mods in UTS section since we're down to only 2 ? It's gettin crazy in there again and nuthin is bein done about it...flame wars are still happenin...off topic threads still happen...isn't it sposta be up to the mods to stop all that crap ? HELP

Technically it is random since the crates use a RNG, but the RNG are set to max pain. Especially when you see a turf eligible car in the crate. The best time to buy used to be right after turf was over. But they fixed that.. Now there is never a good time to buy crates. It's all max pain on consumer.

GLUU keeps missing on earnings, they're a public company. If you expect this to change.. Haha. Good luck.

They have a fiduciary standard to act in the interest of their shareholders, not their customers.