Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Now that 5.0 is out...

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
What are your thoughts on the game currently?

This thread isn't about helping with any issues you may be experiencing, it's about gathering constructive feedback. What do you like, what don't you like, what can we do better, what have you liked?
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev134

Comments

• SurvivalxpertSurvivalxpert Registered Users 2,117 Posts
    Lotus lights are off. Glitchy lobby. Other than that I think it's good.
    Also the countdown when someone tried to light lag is too fast
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Lotus lights are off. Glitchy lobby. Other than that I think it's good.

Glitchy lobby?

As for the lights, I haven't noticed. What device are you using?

Also the countdown when someone tried to light lag is too fast

I'll be bringing that up to the devs. See if something can be done.

• RR718RRRR718RR Registered Users 46 Posts
    i have no big issues just that my Chinese Evo and Bimma safety cars wheels look like the tires are stuck under the fender, other than that its enjoyable to me. i did have a question i thought you guys were going to add back the daily bonuses or crates, any idea if that is making a come back?
    Let me see if I can get a screen shot of the lobby where the players all blink and when you're in someone's garage there's a car in the middle like if they're racing
    yes in the lobbies the players blink alot, as far as the two car thing in someones garage i like that even though it happens randomly
    Also this. Race didn't start, and said waiting for opponent then this happened

i think this is to save you from that light lag
    RR718RR said:

i have no big issues just that my Chinese Evo and Bimma safety cars wheels look like the tires are stuck under the fender, other than that its enjoyable to me. i did have a question i thought you guys were going to add back the daily bonuses or crates, any idea if that is making a come back?

Thats the plan. A lot of what I said was coming in 2016 is still coming in 2016. We still have quite a few months in 2016. I'll talk about stuff when i can.

Let me see if I can get a screen shot of the lobby where the players all blink and when you're in someone's garage there's a car in the middle like if they're racing

Of the flickering. Yes we're working on that.

Also this. Race didn't start, and said waiting for opponent then this happened

That's more an individual race issue, something you would report to CS.

@RR718RR if its to stop light lagging then I shouldn't have lost when the race didn't even happen.
    And we're aware of the weird double/triple car when you see other player's garages.

Oh okay. Didn't really bother me since it wasn't for pinks
    edited April 2016
    Also I have 1 suggestion that a lot of people would like.
    Since there are tons of lobby jumpers in for example 1656 (since.that's where I pinks) it would be great if there was maybe a black or yellow strip on the persons avatar or something that shows the person is not in the right lobby. It really annoys me when I get raced by 1670-1680 cars in a 1656 lobby.
    i like lobby jumpers i have over 400 cars and i took many from people looking to catch someone sleeping, you just need cars to match the rate they have and trust me it get fun....
    I just hate when I'm in a 1656 trying to pinks 1656 and I have to free race every time to get an actual legit pinks
  • BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    Not really an update related issue but did enjoy the event when it was done.

Would like another race the devs event. It was fun. And gave an impression they cared enough to interact with the players.
    Bfrail said:

Not really an update related issue but did enjoy the event when it was done.

Would like another race the devs event. It was fun. And gave an impression they cared enough to interact with the players.

We'd love to, however the last times we did it there were a lot of complaints. Unfortunately there were only a handful of us that could race players.. .so it was like... 30 of us to 30,000 players. So a lot of people were unable to race a dev for the special cars. I'm working on a plan to try something like this again though.

• 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Over all I think the update is working well, the disconnect countdown was tough to get used to.
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    HeadLight bulbs are seen through the car fenders or grill. Looks cheesy. Crate drop rate sucks
  • SpeedyGonzalez69SpeedyGonzalez69 Registered Users 44 Posts
    I like the current update, especially the betting preferences and status message.
    3 suggestions from my side:
    1) Is it possible to rethink the car sorting options? Personally, I'd really like a sorting option by rating. You could delete "sort by lowest/highest horse power" and such.
    2) In my opinion, it would make the game more predictable and fun if the rating shown on the car really puts it in that lobby, i.e. if the rating shows 56 it should go into a 56 lobby, not 63.
    3) If possible, return to players being able to change lobbies within the rating of their car. I experiment with car setups a lot and need the bots in multiplayer mode to figure out the launch and shifts. Also, often there is only a small number of drivers in a turf or racer showdown lobby on "my" server, but I have to watch others gain points in a different lobby :).

Thanks a lot in advance and stay perfect.
  • 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    once you guys got most of the bugs out it works good for me on my tablet but not on bluestacks.
    yes on the lights, new paint & tournament racing with 4 players.

My wife has always seen me and the boys play and last week she had nothing to do and wanted to play with us.
    so she installed it on her tablet and with in 5 min. she was hooked. then just her luck here comes all the updates and wow was that an experience... she got her first scam, and lost her bought bmw................by me lol. I gave it back after i pimped it tho.
    Thinks i would like to see
    a. more campaigns
    b. more trucks
    c. older lux cars like 1978 Lincoln Continental, 1974 impala,
    d. or maybe the freaky 1978 Sbarro Cadillac (you have to search that one)
    e. station wagon "please" I am a station wagon feen
    f. some way to remove nos and or turbo if not wanted.

• 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    also i think i posted this somewhere.
    sort cars for sale by racing class so you dont have to look at each car to find out what class it is.
    i sent 20 min trying to find the right s class to buy.

2HIPSI said:

Over all I think the update is working well, the disconnect countdown was tough to get used to.

Yes, we now realize that it still can be abused so we are looking at ways to change it.

I like the current update, especially the betting preferences and status message.
    1) Is it possible to rethink the car sorting options? Personally, I'd really like a sorting option by rating. You could delete "sort by lowest/highest horse power" and such.
    2) In my opinion, it would make the game more predictable and fun if the rating shown on the car really puts it in that lobby, i.e. if the rating shows 56 it should go into a 56 lobby, not 63.
    3) If possible, return to players being able to change lobbies within the rating of their car. I experiment with car setups a lot and need the bots in multiplayer mode to figure out the launch and shifts. Also, often there is only a small number of drivers in a turf or racer showdown lobby on "my" server, but I have to watch others gain points in a different lobby :).

1. Good suggestion
    2. We are attempting to improve matchmaking, however, we also like the option of having friends join each other in normal multiplayer rooms. It's more akin to a bunch of drag racers meeting up and having no clue what's under the hood of the other racers cars.
    3. I'm pushing more for a "test track" where players can test their setups.

2thpic said:

once you guys got most of the bugs out it works good for me on my tablet but not on bluestacks.
    yes on the lights, new paint & tournament racing with 4 players.

My wife has always seen me and the boys play and last week she had nothing to do and wanted to play with us.
    so she installed it on her tablet and with in 5 min. she was hooked. then just her luck here comes all the updates and wow was that an experience... she got her first scam, and lost her bought bmw................by me lol. I gave it back after i pimped it tho.
    Thinks i would like to see
    a. more campaigns
    b. more trucks
    c. older lux cars like 1978 Lincoln Continental, 1974 impala,
    d. or maybe the freaky 1978 Sbarro Cadillac (you have to search that one)
    e. station wagon "please" I am a station wagon feen
    f. some way to remove nos and or turbo if not wanted.

a. We are going to change he campaign, but the campaign is really more a tutorial, so it's there to teach new players how to play. The next big update should have a revised campaign. For our non-new players we are planning on bringing daily quests to give them something to strive for.
    b,c,d,e. - I'll make the suggestions.... oh man, that Sbarro...
    f. Yes, that's still on the list. It's just not as easy as just deleting it from your car, so it's taking a bit.

I'll also bring up more sorting options for the showroom

• TimothyLiuTimothyLiu Registered Users 34 Posts
    edited April 2016
    @Ryyst
    I love the new paints and headlights option
    Some suggestions... I would like to see Used car lot (idk buy a car for xx.xxx RRC and charge 2-5 gems for delivery maybe). And add Bracket racing preferences please...
  • SpeedyGonzalez69SpeedyGonzalez69 Registered Users 44 Posts

1. Good suggestion
    2. We are attempting to improve matchmaking, however, we also like the option of having friends join each other in normal multiplayer rooms. It's more akin to a bunch of drag racers meeting up and having no clue what's under the hood of the other racers cars.
    3. I'm pushing more for a "test track" where players can test their setups.
    Hey Ryyst,

What I meant for number 2) is that sometimes you tune a car to say 63, the rating shows 63 but it is put into 68, i.e. the rating is just a little on the high side of 63. I think that shouldn't happen. Might be worth thinking about including the effect on the rating that car parts have? more predictable to set up your car...

Since there's also talks about cars that could be fun to race, below is a list I've already posted under the "suggestions" thread:

"How about including a couple "track day" cars?

Ariel Atom
    KTM X-Bow
    Caterham Aero
    Caterham 620R

and a few more exotic ones:

Vencer Sarthe
    Spyker
    Zenvo ST1
    Mastretta mxt

and a few more racing versions of standard cars:
    Infinity
    Polestar
    Lexus LFA
    Holden Maloo r8

classic companies:
    Alfa Romeo
    Lancia
    Maserati

to name just a few. Every now and again a fun car would be awesome, too. How about a Russian Lada, East German Trabant or Wartburg 311 or a vintage car of companies you've already included: Lambo Miura, etc."

Hope this helps and stay awesome.