Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Speed Rating and Lobby Changes

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    This is the straw that broke the camels back!
    All my tunes ruined- 500 plus of them!
    I have over 1000 cars across 2 accounts.
    If this isn't changed back in a week I will be selling my accounts and quitting the game for good!
    Glu have fukkkked up and are now covering their backs by saying it was intended! Absolute bullllshit!
    I retuned one of my rs500s to 1649 and it was still putting me in the 1656 lobby!! How can we compete??
    Made some great friends in this game from all over the world- but I will be leaving if this shittt is not sorted- it's about time glu realised the customer Is king! Not the other way round.
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Bump
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts

It very interesting how a change occurred very dramatically... and this change will result in GLU making lots of money off people having to retune most cars.... yet they say it is to improve the game...

Wanna improve my game.... leave it the **** alone!

Remember, improving the profits, is improvement. They just didn't specify, who they improved it for
  • Options
    penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    This sounds like grounds for a class action lawsuit to me. If they knowingly sell a broken or defective product, they are liable to refund any amount spent on that product, as well as other potential damages.

Rryst has stated that they knew it was broken, yet they, still continued to make profit off their product.

Pretty cut and dry..
  • Options
    KarnifeksKarnifeks Registered Users 56 Posts
    I'm not sure I'm willing to take the time to tune all of my cars again. This is a game not a full time job. It seems as tho the majority of your player base is against this change.
  • Options
    penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    So I've got 2 identical cars, tuned 100% the same... both were originally 1635. one switched to a 1637, the other is still a 1635.

How the hell do you say you've improved the game to make it more accurate, when I've got two cars, rated differently, with the exact same setup... this is a clear example of how you idiots messed things up.

Do yourselves a favor, fix this crap, and put things back the way they used to be before you lose the rest of the people who are sticking around.. (temporarily!)
  • Options
    shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
    edited July 2016
    You know what really burns about this? All of the M2 REs I had that were beasts in their lobbies are now effed. What's the point of winning and then racing / pinking with a turf car if there isn't an advantage to doing so? I'm all for eliminating cheaters but weren't there better ways of doing so?

I feel even worse for the people that have played for years. All those tunes to waste now.

I've only had time to create new, strong lobby tunes for 3 of my cars.

You should implement this rumored test track FAST and include a way to show what lobby the car will be in before having to pay for the parts. That's the only way you can come close to equalizing the damage you have done Glu.
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Anyone notice that Ryyst hasn't been around since he announced the switch? Hasn't responded to anyone, hasn't said a word about the game. If you read the forums, Facebook pages and talk to people in game, everyone is pissed about the changes and sooooo many people are fed up. Glu screwed up big time and their profit margin is really gonna take a big hit for it... Way to go guys...
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @c y r u s he was on at 3:37 yesterday. Pretty sure all those notifications hit him and he didn't respond to anything
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    Ive been playing this game, buying gems, helping other players out for a long , long, time. Ive seen so real crap moves by Cie, and by Glu. I usually don't complain. Lets recap the past few days. First, a day before turf, I loose almost 2000 boosts. Then I spend my last couple hundred gems to buy more boosts in preparation for turf, ended up loosing all of those also. Log in on turf day to find you have credited me a pathetic 293 boost. Ok, stuff happens it will get worked out right? So I jump in to turf with my beast 3.0 hommage @1650 that runs 9.1 , and immediately am challenged to pink by a known slower car. So i pink, guess what, he is rated 1656 and I loose my ride. Not sure whats going on, I hop in another car rated 1656. Run a few races , both of those cars were 1656 so I think there was a bug with the hommage, and decide to pink again.... Guess what, ?? Car was rated 1663.... WTF..... So the I realize there is a problem. Check facebook, check the forums/...... nothing.. No statement , no anything from you...Finally a statement was released confirming major changes to the way the game plays... Ruining years worth of RRC, GEMS, and TIME, invested... So here we are.... In 3 days I lost all my boosts, all my gems, and all of my tunes... Still un compensated.. Why should I stay??Why should I spend another penny on this game??Why should I invite friends to play???.
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    I tryed to race some thursday nite in the mercedes event had a couple cars tuned to 68 both ended up in max lobbly took app 6 parts off each one went bak to 68 but rating went to 69 havnt raced since and am on the fence as to quit or wat Ryyst ?? We need some answers most on my team are quitting and weve been doin this a long time !!
  • Options
    I've been on top teams for a long time. So many of the top guys I was teammates with are having fire sales with their whole garage. A lot, like myself, are fed up with this crap and are giving up. I'm joining suit and selling off everything I can. Glu has given absolutely no reason to stay and play this game. Anything good about this game they have ruined. They have sucked all the fun right out of turf and showdown. I really hope you pissed off the wrong hacker somewhere and they just go in and attack your servers, crash your entire game. It would actually be an improvement over what you guys have offered us over the past year or more
  • Options
    LittleRedCorvetteLittleRedCorvette Registered Users 14 Posts
    Can anyone explain these few things to me?
    1. What changes we're made EXACTLY?
    2.how do they "improve the game"?
    3. What are the lobby ratings now? (Because the systemhas clearly changed)
    4.how does this prevent cheaters?
  • Options
    They can't explain those cause it doesn't improve the game or prevent cheaters at all. They basically are trying to clean the game of all the farmed mills and hope that everyone spends what they have to retune every car in their garage. It's a money grab and that's it. It's greed and nothing but.
  • Options
    I am noticing another change after tonight's Ferrari update. All of my Z28s have increased by 5 pounds. Maxed, ok fine. But now once again my TUNED 1656 Z28s are now probably slower.

I thought any changed going forward we would be notified about?
  • Options
    Bling_AsphaltBling_Asphalt Registered Users 16 Posts
    Why would anyone want to retune to run slower, that would be so painful to tune ur cars to alot slower time. Its like a big kick in the nuts.
  • Options
    GUEST04GUEST04 Registered Users 82 Posts
    Were the ratings adjusted again? And does turf / showdown have different rating than normal multilayer ? I have cars that are 1650 but when I turf I goto 1656 lobbies
    IGN - GUEST04531
  • Options
    Yes turf and showdown lobby limits are lower than multiplayer. A 1656 multiplayer tune will put you into 1663 lobbies in turf or showdown
  • Options
    How are we supposed to tune for turf and showdown beforehand like this. Please at least make multi lobbies match turf and showdown lobbies...
  • Options
    RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    shaloot said:

How are we supposed to tune for turf and showdown beforehand like this..

By PAYING to use the soon to be released test track is my guess....
  • Options
    deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    edited July 2016
    played RR since 2013 off and on. Guys go give CSR 2 a try. It's very polished. It's not the same as RR but not nearly as many headaches.
  • Options
    xxRollDeepxxxxRollDeepxx Registered Users 79 Posts
    This game has fcked All of us big time

How on earth do u charge people for rrc and gems - let gamers build cars and tune only to go and change our investment to a big a pile of shyt.

If I buy Nike I wanna wear Nike - not be told hey here's reebok instead - we giving shitter trainers as we think it will benefit you - no no no - I want my fcking nikeys back

That's how I feel about all my cars - I tried running my cars slower and detuned one or two but what a disappointment.

And now u give a repeat car Chevy - what a bunch of tools you all are.
  • Options
    LowGripsLowGrips Registered Users 86 Posts
    Left this game 7 months ago because of the scamming and cheaters. I come back to all my vouchers deleted, AGAIN; my tunes don't put me in the proper lobbies during turf....so what's the point? Just finished reading through all of the comments in this thread and I STILL don't see a response from the 'administrator'.....smh. Glu, you guys might want to rethink/reconsider your approach here. You might try protecting the legitimate customer instead of exposing them to such upheaval (and yes, I meant that in more than one way). Figure your shitt out and fix it the right way. Don't half-ass it and claim to have made the game better by pissing your customers off.