Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst Blog #5 - Player Council II

Comments

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Does anyone for Glu play the game on a regular basis? If they did they would see how laggy the game is even on newer devices

Yes. Read my long post
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

You could have just kicked me in the face. It would have been easier. :)

Sorry didn't mean to sound harsh.. inflections don't translate well.

The point is, "lag" isn't game wide. It's specific. We can't just "fix lag" when we look at the game as a whole and nothing is wrong.

Our servers are hosted through Amazon, yes THAT Amazon. They aren't even on the west coast. So, we.. that is Glu Long Beach, are like the furthest away from them on the continental US. Even a company as big as Amazon has its issues now and then, just how tech works. But when it is a server issue, we know about it quick and we resolve it as fast as we can.

So no, latency isn't an "OMG everyone is experiencing it" issue for the most part. It's a subset. To have to troubleshoot, and to do that we need as much info as possible, that unfortunately, visually seeing isn't really something we need,

If you want to help us narrow down what may be causing your latency issue, then please ticket in, just know that it may be awhile as we do have to actually troubleshoot. We can't just "fix" if we can't figure out what is causing your specific type of latency.

• SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    edited September 2016
    Try Betting 100 or 500 dollars per race that's an issue, you can't
    Then trying exiting the game using the back button on androids, it locks up the game
    Then try adding multiple parts to multiple cars at the same time and see how slow and laggy your garage becomes
    and let's not talk about all the stupid splash screens on your garage when you move from car to car.

And everything is working like it's supposed?
  • Gypsy Drag KingGypsy Drag King Registered Users 20 Posts
    Why not make turf cars & r class give more pts in 63&68 lobbies that way more ppl would use em in events & make for more exciting pinks & bets , I hardly ever use or see a turf car in lobbies anymore cuz pts suxx but would use a lot more if pts were closer to what a zr1 is in 63&68
  • C Dees NutsC Dees Nuts Registered Users 1,271 Posts
    @dwdtuning With that fix we'd get tie glitching back which is worse than light lag IMO
    Dwd... stop swearing in your posts.

• dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Ok big chief
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
    edited September 2016

@dwdtuning With that fix we'd get tie glitching back which is worse than light lag IMO

Actually, we'd get DNFs and DQs back which is by far worse.

My next Blog will be about this very topic. Stay tuned.

^ neither of those are worse than us getting cheated out of our cars. Don't care what you say.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Lag is game wide. 20 players per team, 20 different locations, many different devices, bandwidths, etc and all say the exact same thing. I personally have played on iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, galaxy note, iPad and computer and it happens on all devices. I have played using 4g lte and wifi on all devices from various locations and all have the exact same problem. Enter a turf lobby, ask "anyone experiencing severe lag?" Almost all say the exact samething. "Hell ya it's lagging". So no it's not an isolated thing. And if every single device your using seems to work perfectly all the time, well my friend, you ARE the exception!!!! Take 3 Honda Civic si's, go part by part and install stage1, click finish, stage2, click finish and then install 3 and move on to the next part. Do that for all 3 cars without restarting your device and you'll see exactly what EVERYONE means by lag...
    It's a latency issue and it's getting worse with every single thing you add to the game. Add racer club, game comes to a crawl. Add BMW crates, game comes to a crawl and so on.
  • Grantlee235Grantlee235 Registered Users 1,877 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst hope the 6.0 update will be a step up for you ;)

IGN: GrantLee23
    IGN: GrantLee235
    Model Car Collector, American Muscle Fanatic
    edited October 2016
    still waiting

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• RyanreRyanre Registered Users 269 Posts
    lol
  • dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Rysst, I see that you guys are trying. If you tell me you don't experience lag when installing parts on several diffrent cars, I find that hard to believe. You must be the luckiest guy.

I have ran the game on so many devices, on so many diffrent wifi, and it's happens every single time.

Just as a test, when I got the brand new note I I indtalled game before any other app, it was still ridiculous.

What's happening is severe memory leaks. Could it be the specific devices or androids os, absolutely, in fact I would about guarantee it. But it's your job to fix it for all those devices and os.

I'm not hating on you or the devs, I'm just aggravated because I am a loyal customer. Im asking you to help me, smf others that care about the game. I've spent so much money on this game. I don't buy mills from you guys, or gems because it's cheaper to buy a magazine subscription or what not. I do however bring a lot of my friends in the game, and they actually do buy the gems from you. My point is I am a loyal customer.

There are so many problems with cheaters in this game. I just don't understand why you won't make a trade screen so people can trade cars, like in the real world. Scammer in this game is a huge problem. I know you don't support trades, but come on man.

I don't understand why 75% of the time when my rt is .002 or less my nos doesn't fire. I just ran 3 races in a row, no nos. I'm good enough to have a great rt, but clearly I fail at hitting nos is what I've been told. That's just simply not true. There is a problem some where.

I'm not flaming you, I'm speaking to you as a customer and sometimes I feel you guys take us for granted. I feel this because some of the attitude in the answers from devs.

You tell me what you need from me, I will do it. I will give you logs from my phone whatever it takes to help. I want the game to survive. You have many loyal customers that I see all the time, we deserve a game that's not so glitch.

Speaking of said loyal customers, why is it for months now I see the exact same players in turf. When you crush people cars repeatedly, they get tired if running pinks races. What happened to resetting servers? We need fresh blood. I'm not saying I'm the best in the world either, but I've had to change my name or use another account to get pinks. That's lame

I don't know if you read my suggestions post, but I would like you to read it please. I put a lot of unneeded info in this post because I know you will read it here. The suggestions post was moved from general chat to wherever it was moved.

You guys could make more money with a better product. There are ways. You have no idea how much money I've made off of other games, just as a player, you guys could do it here.

There are ways for the game to survive, if you guys keep making the efforts you have been. Just understand we aren't making these things up, and we are coming to you for help.

I will do whatever you need me to do, to help you make the game better, you let me know.

Thank you for your time

Shawn
  • dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Np roush I should have posted there to begin with. I appreciate you assistance
  • thias216thias216 Registered Users 545 Posts
    Please help me Ryyst
  • taillights4utaillights4u Registered Users 15 Posts
    I believe yall should come up with a trade button for us legit users as well as some novas and other muscle cars tjat are rare. Also bring back some of the vaulted cars and put them in the showroom.
  • taillights4utaillights4u Registered Users 15 Posts
    Also is there a certain place that states how much the cars on this game are worth or is it just other peoples opinions on what they think the cars are worth. Please someone help me out with this
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    edited October 2016
    Admins will never discuss car values here...sales and trades are not supported...that would be a conflict of interest and possibly detrimental to their employment status

@taillights4u

• Trex824Trex824 Registered Users 655 Posts
    I wanna come
  • Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst glu should put the old menu music back in the game from the cie days :o o:)
    What's up beautiful?
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @Caboose1744 @Ryyst Yeah, he told me he could suggest it but he couldn't exactly change it. But I think if we get a petition then yeah, they might actually listen
  • TakekingsolxTakekingsolx Registered Users 56 Posts
    Plz fix the new update.......its just baddddddd
  • penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    Fail......again
  • kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    Fix this fckn update. Remove this shtty global chat
  • DualShocker182DualShocker182 Registered Users 5,257 Posts
    This new update makes me want to puke lol

IGN: DualShocker182
    "Rapper, Memer, and Lobby-Cleaner"
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    edited October 2016
    God global chat just a waste of 5 year olds screaming at each other and people trying to scam you
    Weren't you going to release it when it's "ready" not broken ?
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

edited October 2016
    Well guys the new update is out... the player council got a sneak preview of what's to come at their last meeting and it's apparent that the game they saw was probably on a pc with a high end graphics card. All this time to perfect the 6.0 update, all this time to get it right and yet the release comes with a ton of bugs, horrible lag (lag that I'm sure ryyst will say doesn't exist) and so on..

Why would a company release something that is just an incomplete mess? Where was the beta version to work all this out before the update went live? All this time to work on it and get it right, and yet it looks like something that was rushed out and unfinished.

Now, I understand that with any update, there are bugs that need to be worked out but these aren't just minor bugs. These are major issues that should have been solved before the roll out. This update should not have been released until this was all figured out.
    Run just one race and you will see what I'm talking about. The lag is absolutely ridiculous. The chat no longer works, the load time just switching from car to car is enough to make any new player delete the app. Switching from screen to screen in the game makes me want to smash my phone with a hammer. There are many more bugs but frankly, I don't have the time to tell you what's wrong with YOUR game...

Point is, all of this should have been tested, worked through and figured out well before the roll out of 6.0 and it's very clear that it wasn't. Plenty of time went into the design and It actually looks great, well done! But looking great and functioning are two different things. An emphasis on function, rather than design, should have been the direction Glu took.
    Another fail for ryyst and his monkeys

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆