Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

The impact of the speed rating lobby change

crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
I tried to set up a BMW M1 (setup for 1630), to get back into the showdowns. Since the performance body parts came out i set them on, why not? Now this M1 will not settle on 1630, even a cam swap (-1.44 weight, +1.5 power and =1.74 torque) is 2 points jump on this car. without the cam it sets at 1629, with it's 31. I know i could remove the body panels, but why does the rating change so radically? Don't want to hear variables, because that is wrong. The cam alone should not be a 2 point jump.
Due to the game being unplayable, i now have an excuse to disable the app. Thank you GLU, one less game chore, i have to do every day.

Comments

• BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    I hope the player council brings it to their attention so they can correct the variables
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @Billenium you have to know what's causing it to fix it. Speed rate change was after affect of them fixing the time delay between their side and our side. They did not know the rates would Chang as they did. Maybe they are working on a patch but I doubt it. They fixed the time difference so in there eyes the rates are now correct.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

@Billenium you have to know what's causing it to fix it. Speed rate change was after affect of them fixing the time delay between their side and our side. They did not know the rates would Chang as they did. Maybe they are working on a patch but I doubt it. They fixed the time difference so in there eyes the rates are now correct.

Not sure about all that DWD, but i know they got caught up in the powercreep and tried to fix it. the result is the current unplayable game we currently have
    edited August 2016
    @crazyjr ryyst already said the speed rating change is by product of the time discrepancy fix in 5.0 update. That it was a unintended side affect. "the variables" his how they explained it.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• GUEST04GUEST04 Registered Users 82 Posts
    Does anyone else realise that drop launching varies from time to time? It happens to me a lot
    IGN - GUEST04531

Bottom line is the rates are what they are now. You really only have 2 choices at this point. One choice is to adapt to the new parameters. The other choice is to throw in the towel and walk away. I hate to see anyone take the second option, but, to each their own.

The problem Roush, is that i can't "fine tune" my car. It sits currently at 1629, I add a cam (1.44 weight reduction, 1.5 power increase and 1.74 torque increase) it's a 2 point jump to 1631. I can see that for adding turbo, supercharger or even the weight reductions, But for the lowest boost engine part? I'm sorry i do not see anything good or decent about that. I love the game, even trying to get back in, after losing FB. But what is the point when i get a 2 point leap from the lowest boosted engine part? Makes even bothering, a fools errand
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Sorry roush but I have to agree with crazy on this one. The tuning process is messed up. I currently have a 1649 evo 8 in my garage that puts me into 63 lobby during turf. I get the lobby's changed and so did the rating system but that's just insane. I've built the exact same car, same tune to try and repeat the effects and what do ya know? Another 1649 evo 8 that skips 1656 and goes straight to 1663 lobby's in turf.
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    There isn't a variable or explanation out there for this one. Being on the cusp and slightly over tuned and being thrown into the next lobby, I get that. But to completely skip a lobby and land in b class maxed? Ya I don't think anyone could answer that one
    @Roush Sport some of us don't complain just to complain. Don't get me wrong. I'm fkn addiction to rr because of pinks. But something is clearly off

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

C y r u s said:

There isn't a variable or explanation out there for this one. Being on the cusp and slightly over tuned and being thrown into the next lobby, I get that. But to completely skip a lobby and land in b class maxed? Ya I don't think anyone could answer that one

I actually have to eat a bit of crow on this one, and I owe crazyjr an apology. I just tested this as well, and sure enough, I have a 49 rated EVO 8 that is tossed into the 56-63 bracket. I'm now just as perplexed as you guys....as this is the first car I've seen this happen to. However, now that I have seen it - I can understand the frustration and aggravation trying to set the car up (or any car that this happens to) would cause.

I'm sorry guys.
    I appreciate the apology, like i said 2 point jump for a cam swap, is uncalled for. Update, i finally got a stable 30 on my M1, by dropping every hopup (including the lightweight stuff) starting with lightweight and weight reductions. This included the Clutch at stage two. No other hop up's other than the pop-off valve (or whatever it is) it's finally stabilized at 1630. Time wise, I was hitting 11.78 traps, with a 11.82 final. This is before, the variable (Ryyst's words) F up. After i'm hitting 11.88 at the traps with an 11.92 final. I have not tested this setup in showdown or turf, but a .1 drop in ET is not favorable to even bothering. I do admit, my build is not stellar, I have always built for lower repair. I'm sure the truly hardcore can get back to the right times. But right now it has a - 1.4 damage (meaning 0 damage per run, hehe) and would actually work, if not kicked for my racing.

I have been critical if GLU and their decisions, in the past. But it's their game and rarely complain, unless it's a true problem. This to me qualified as a potential problem