Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Comments

• Options
    DietzstructionDietzstruction Registered Users 666 Posts
    I'm toying with the idea of starting a YouTube channel.

I feel like there's an angle that is open, and I have some marketing experience, so it would be interesting to see if I can't provide something people would be interested in.

To be honest, I feel like a more honest source of info than a certain owner of a certain website provides, as well as updated info for the perfect launch tutorials, and a specific set of videos angled towards new players.

Another thing I think could be interesting is to share expert knowledge from various people, starting with forum og's. Maybe a killer tune, or featuring your collection for all to see.

I think the possibilities are endless. And I would actually insist if you were to contribute, I'd find a way to compensate you, or throw perks, or something.

If anyone is interested in any way, let me know. I think this could be fun (and profitable).
  • Options
    I also think, if people here were interested in being admins of our own forum Facebook group, we could create a safe place to buy and sell there as well.

Literally, possibilities are endless, and I'm open to any and all input.
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I would like to see more videos aimed towards beginers. So I like that idea alot.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    187redrum781187redrum781 Registered Users 6,832 Posts
    Think it's a good idea @Dietzstruction lots of noobs start and have no clue what is what, end up getting scammed and quit. I think if you do this set up a legit store site also. Many noobs have no clue you can buy mills.
  • Options
    ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    I think its not a bad idea. as long as your better than pigpen. he takes ages to do stuff now its annoying af. he should work harder to get the tutorials out. hes clearly got money. so he should be able to get tunes done quick. Ive never seen you tune but I saw your post and it seems like youd be a lot more helpful. (don't tell people where you trade we don't need any more new people than we already have.)
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • Options
    @187redrum781 that's what I was thinking.

And to your point @ARES_NiiTROzz, to have tunes and the cost (RRC, time waiting/gems to speed that up all included). From those vids, have a recommendation at the end.... "hey, btw, we have some of these for sale, ready to go, plus mills, package deal, etc"

As for the tunes, I haven't developed much on my own, but I've been in front of YouTube lately on PG's and Pigpen'a pages like a college class, and I have accounts still sitting with the 1000 gems from the last glu mess up and the 500 from 3 year anniversary. So I have gems to play with to speed up tunes and things. And through and through I'm a real numbers nerd, so to test and tweak I'd be in my wheelhouse.

Here's the kicker that I think would be huge, Pigpen has went away from the thing he was doing that appeared to be most popular, the tunes. Which is cool, he's in a different space now and that's all good. But there's a void, and I'd like to try a few strategies for YouTube and Facebook with marketing that are basic hacks. I'm pretty confident my vids will jump above, and I basically can rehash some material that's already been turned out, until I'm in my own swing. I could premake 10 videos to go out once a week, and then hit the lab hard for my own completely original content.

Not to drag this already long message out too much longer, but Facebook paid advertising is the most targeted on the planet, and the racing rivals page has 271k+ people who have liked it. To post relevant information and put it in front of that many people makes massive growth a real possibility.
  • Options
    @papou had a nice idea for the perfect video for noobs. What should be in your garage for turfs 101
  • Options
    @187redrum781 I knew I could buy mils but I didn't know they were so cheap anywhere other than fb lol and @Dietzstruction so your vids would explain exactly how to trade and so on and how to not be scammed and what not?
    IGN:
  • Options
    @ARES_NiiTROzz yeah that would be a good place to start. The basics. I had a real piece of work take me for a ride and I almost quit. And to be completely honest, this game is more cutthroat than any other game I've played so noobs should just know that, and then get some tools to help them compete from the start.

Get into the tunes as I learn to do them too. Start with a few tunes that are already posted by Grim, Pigpen or Jerry Rajer, or test these others from no namers who don't even talk in their videos.
  • Options
    lol I know a few of those no namers. One is rtk guapo. I maxed my mr2 turbo I had then watched his setup and it was exact before he even posted it lol. Theres a lot of people posting recent tunes since pigpen is slacking like f. He does useless cars nobody cares about. Like he did the m1 pro car.. who in tf cares about that?? lol. anyways I think that would be a very good idea. there is far too many scammers in this game and noobs need to be warned.
    IGN:
  • Options
    @ARES_NiiTROzz I talk to people almost everyday that don't know you can buy mills. I'm not talkin about kids either. And how many of them bought mills from the game at $99 a pop. I just smh. But they don't know
  • Options
    And that right there is where I could jump light years ahead. "It's hard to stay hungry when your pockets are so fat."

It's time for a new face to dominate.
  • Options
    Honestly, I'm trying to get an invite to the players council so I can drop kick a certain asshole
  • Options
  • Options
    Another thing a lot only sell items to garage. They lose a lot obviously. Helping them with selling is a big thing
  • Options
    That's a great idea @187redrum781

if we could show people how to avoid getting screwed, maximize profits and learn to be competitive, people would support. And then there's money to be made.
  • Options
    Yeah catering to new players is what will make it big bro. Think about it all old school players already know the ins and outs of this game. And how many of them you see quitting. New players are just getting started. With some guidance they will be rockin. Most also get scammed then turn to being a scammer also. Hopefully stopping that from happening and there will be no new scammers born
  • Options
    ricerkllrricerkllr Registered Users 152 Posts
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @187redrum781 good idea for the noob videos. I got scammed the first three accounts out of my campaign cars. I had no clue what the speed rating even was and what lobby jumping even was. Got hit by the bait and switch along with the sandbagging. So a video of a guide on what not to do as a newer player could be very helpful.
  • Options
    Yeah there's a lot that takes time to learn. Usually by getting screwwwed then learning. My very first account I was scammed out my campaign car. So know what that's like. Still remember it was for my evo. I was so upset like I gotta start all over?! Back then there was no videos on YouTube showing you anything. But yeah more info for new players would be great.
  • Options
    It would be nice to see if less people getting scammed would cause less scamming. That would be the most amazing thing that could happen to this game..
    IGN:
  • Options
    Yes @Roush Sport I threw the one in the link in another section to try and drive people to the original. We can just close the other one if you'd like. I'll go copy the original post and edit this one.
  • Options
    Never mind. Already merged. Thank you and sorry for the confusion