Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst's Blog #6 - Six Point Oh

Comments

• TakekingsolxTakekingsolx Registered Users 56 Posts
    Just fix the game..........................................................................
  • TakekingsolxTakekingsolx Registered Users 56 Posts
    Look where copying CSR2 gets u.
  • jokybrtojokybrto Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hate the update.... Playing for years, lost my interest and upsetting.. to say the least.. been fun as hell playing this game was my favorite!
  • SlxyarhSlxyarh Registered Users 5,109 Posts
    edited November 2016
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @[rr] ryyst the transparency of that tach, launch button and shifters are ridiculous, I can bearly see them the are so light. Why are they even transparent? And the flares, please get ride of the flares at the line.. how we supposed to focus with smoke just blowing in our face. Thanks
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • sickcivicsickcivic Registered Users 816 Posts
    Im on a galaxy 7 edge n my grapics look like asss. Thats a new device wtf, mattes are gone , ur crate fpw have changed colors, rims that used to b clean lookin rims are now pixels. Dnt even wanna play rr its sad u give bunch of bs answer's, glu is like tha government no matter how tha ppl vote or wht they say tha government/glu will do wht they want to fatten their pockets. Ur loosin alot of legit members frm tha rr community. U should jus go bk b4 this shit show u call an update. Yea there is always issue's w updates, we get pass thm cause we have to. W ur shitttyy update we as a community are standin up together as one sayin fix ir shitt. 6.0 has literally gotta b tha worse update to date so far.
  • sickcivicsickcivic Registered Users 816 Posts
    Who gives a **** bout tha sounds bring our graphics bk. Im not tryin to play on a n64
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Alot of adults play and pay for this game. I can easily walk away from this game now. I can't justify paying money for this. Glu will learn from this when they realize sales are down.
  • streetxxracer22streetxxracer22 Registered Users 1,094 Posts
    all w ask is to make everything more like the old version, its easier to actually read and see the players, everything is smaller and looks like csr 2, might aswell just put the game back to where it was and just improve graphics and add cars.
  • DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts

I truely appreciate the feedback from this new admin. Seems like he is truely taking into account the issues we have. Sadly, your help may have come a little too late for many. I wish the best for you and hope that many of the problems can be fixed.

Thanks for the kind reply, this is not my normal gig but I wanted to jump in an help Ryyst out. We will fix the problems, it's just going to take a little time. I know no one wants to hear that and you all have a right to be angry but we are literally working around the clock to try to make things better for everyone.

Ryyst, I understand the mentality to makes better. As humans we always look forward to progress but this update set the game back not forward. The game impressed me when I doorstep started playing it until now. My cars were gorgeous,they looked realistic it was impressive. Now the cars look really bad. Cartoonish like the old racing games. Pls. Fix this so that we can once again admire the game while we are playing. I have all the faith that you guys will come thru better than ever.

I'm curious about the "cartoonish" look. Are you referring to matte paints specifically or all in general?
  • errick2109errick2109 Registered Users 38 Posts
    Alright so I'm kind of upset so apparently it doesn't really warn you when somebody tries to pinkt lost my Cyclone didn't even realize we are racing for pinks not happy really trying to give the game a chance even though I don't like your new Direction trying to just get over all the little quirks and not launching well and everything else butt when I'm losing cars that I've spent money on because of a update that nobody wants I get mad if I don't get the ability to get this truck back I'm deleting the game I'm out I'm done screw it
    ign errick2109
    I'm also getting load errors
    and choppy movement
    and lag -at start of race when I tap multiple times to get the Rev for launching ,it stays laggy Thru the 1st shift then catches up with itself for the 2nd 3rd Shift and so on
  • SnowmansTuneBookSnowmansTuneBook Registered Users 3 Posts
    Baddest book on the planet!!!!

REAL BOOK mailed to you!!!!!
    Check it out here
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/222167381122
  • BRUNOHONDABRUNOHONDA Registered Users 5 Posts
    Hello, pls can u fix for MEO TABLET 2 model ZTE E8Q, I just want to do races and I can't it freezes all the time. Pls I don't want to quit a game I play for years. My ign: BRUNOK20K24
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited November 2016
    My game was forced updated, in the last couple days. Not played since the initial debacle, it wasn't updated at that time. However i opened it today and to no surprise, the update was forced. What do i think? Well i only, saw about 20 minutes worth, Because my game stopped after 1 offer and three videos (my chore in this game). I removed and re DL'ed the app it still will not load past the loading garage, before stopping.

I did everything i could to fix it, you have 1 week to fix it, or you lose yet another potential player. I have played off and on, for over two years (OCT 2014). If this is how you intend to treat me, for two years of loyalty. I have even spent some money, in the game. Not as much as others, but have bought some crates before the FB purge. But if this is how you treat potential customers then the BBB will be very interested in how you do business.

Thank you for the game while it was great, but it's not even been good for a while. though i still hope, that might change, one day

Edit: forgot to add my info.

Lid drafter 478
    Sansung Ellipsis 7
    Android Version 4.4.2
  • RETIRED_RACERRETIRED_RACER Registered Users 193 Posts
    Hi ryyst hope you are doing well. My ign: grandmas lil helper. I am co lead on green light go. I play rr at least 50 hours a week and money is not an object to me when it comes to rr. I couldn't put it down. I updated last night unfortunately. I can't even force myself to play it now. My device works fine for the graphics , even though I do not care for the changes. The UI is an absolute mess now. I haven't missed top 5 or better in months. I honestly cannot stand to play it now after this 6.0 update. I am dropping from my team after this turf and will only log on once a week from now on to see if you guys come to your senses and give us our game back. Kiss $300 + a month from me good bye. I tried csr 2 when it came out and quit that after a week. That was a bad game to try to copy. Some of the best players in the game are calling it quits now including myself. R.I.P. Racing rivals. :,(
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    edited November 2016
    So you pushed the force update trough:( i spend several hours in 6.0 today. I cant say im impressed.

Cant seriously find anything positive about this piece of crap update. Im gonna complain as most other guys in here. And probably many things are the same. Almost everything is so off and so not responsive. Except the tune menu, thats the only thing that runs better. But then again the colours are freaking annoying, and its hard to get a quick overview of what your doing.
    Got some things that needs looked at imo.

1 the lag in races, when i press launch the needle keeps dropping around 1-200rpms and then the car takes off. Thats so annoying. It means you gotta launch way earlier than prior to update otherwise you either get a crap rt or you wint hit perfect launch.

2.. The sounds are to laugh at, reminds of a crap version of space invaders or something.

3 there seem to be alot of problems connectiong to others, or at least it takes forever to get a race going.
    4 after the race we now got freaking 5 pages to go trough, instead of only 3 prior to update. We got better things to do than wait for some shitty no good info.
    5 we need a better warning for engine damage, totally foolish that it aint lighting red when engine is damaged.
    6 i keep getting an error everytime the game load, that i cant download all content and it need to reload, after that first load it then works, but yet annoying as hell, and i have plenty of psce on my ipad.
    7 the global chat are just pure crap, and i cant see what its good for, other than it ran up numbers as new post are done in there. Worthless piece of crap
    8 takes FOREVER to load friends garage, still cant understand that you overruled the council on this issue. They let you know how it could be done.
    9 colours in general. Your game now leads my mind onto a cheap knock off of need for speed or csr racing. Blue in blue with crappy acrade sounds in. 1980s sound.
    10 i did ask apple for a refund of my money spend on the last 15days. Gold luck on fixing all the crap;(
    11 i seriously consider selling my account!!
    Greetings from denmark HOWISTHAT.
    Btw im on a jailbroken ipad mini2 running some old version of ios, 8.3.something i guess

Alright so I'm kind of upset so apparently it doesn't really warn you when somebody tries to pinkt lost my Cyclone didn't even realize we are racing for pinks not happy really trying to give the game a chance even though I don't like your new Direction trying to just get over all the little quirks and not launching well and everything else butt when I'm losing cars that I've spent money on because of a update that nobody wants I get mad if I don't get the ability to get this truck back I'm deleting the game I'm out I'm done screw it

ign errick2109

I'm also getting load errors

and choppy movement

and lag -at start of race when I tap multiple times to get the Rev for launching ,it stays laggy Thru the 1st shift then catches up with itself for the 2nd 3rd Shift and so on

I've seen a couple people complain about this. I am not aware of us changing the flow for how pinks work, but I'm going to have someone look into the UI/UX and make sure. It may also be another bug I need to add to the list, thanks for the info and sorry to hear about this problem.

Hello, pls can u fix for MEO TABLET 2 model ZTE E8Q, I just want to do races and I can't it freezes all the time. Pls I don't want to quit a game I play for years. My ign: BRUNOK20K24

Hello,

This is now on our list of devices to take a look at. We are working around the clock to resolve these kind of issues but I can't give you a definite timeline.
    crazyjr said:

My game was forced updated, in the last couple days. Not played since the initial debacle, it wasn't updated at that time. However i opened it today and to no surprise, the update was forced. What do i think? Well i only, saw about 20 minutes worth, Because my game stopped after 1 offer and three videos (my chore in this game). I removed and re DL'ed the app it still will not load past the loading garage, before stopping.

I did everything i could to fix it, you have 1 week to fix it, or you lose yet another potential player. I have played off and on, for over two years (OCT 2014). If this is how you intend to treat me, for two years of loyalty. I have even spent some money, in the game. Not as much as others, but have bought some crates before the FB purge. But if this is how you treat potential customers then the BBB will be very interested in how you do business.

Thank you for the game while it was great, but it's not even been good for a while. though i still hope, that might change, one day

Lid drafter 478
    Sansung Ellipsis 7
    Android Version 4.4.2

I have added this device to our list for investigation. I'm very sorry to hear about your problem, bust I can't guarantee a 1 week timeline - as I've said many times on here, we're working around the clock to resolve these issues.
  • arbrnboiarbrnboi Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 6 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Ryyst there are issues every update yes, but this, man I don't know nothing like this. I am seeing very noticeably more people gettin rid of their accounts than any other update since i started playin 2 years ago. My two cents i am really hopin this gets rolled back to previous update. That said my two cents minus the graphics that has been beat to death......

1) The global chat....please remove it. No one wants it, it serves no purpose other than people posting stupid non-comments (seriously spend 1 second looking at it you go WTF really) and i am sure would cut away a good chunk of game lag. Besides the lag and graphics this is the number one thing that is being b*#tched about.

2) In garage navigation. Remove the useless pop up when selecting a car. Its redundant and one more thing we have to wait to load past, the car is labeled in the line up already, and once the car view loads its already telling us what car its is, a completely unnecessary feature.

3) Please put the turf ranking back on the team home screen as well as showing the whole team line up on the event points page. Right now to see team rank we have to go all the way to the turf race screen and leader board to do both. It was far more convenient the way it use to be simply by clicking on the team icon.

4) Also on the team section, please make it so it sorts players by point total highest to lowest again. it makes tryin to easily see whos not pullin points a pain in the butt.

5) Some of the crate rims (from this iteration of bronze crates) that have been applied to cars uninstall after restarting the game making you have to go back in and reapply them from the customize screen.

6) Can we tone down the click sound effect, that twooooiiiiing twoiiiiiiing every time you click on something is suuuuuuuuper annoying, how bout just a SINGLE good old fashioned click!

Positive changes:

1) The daily rewards challenges are great, the chance to scoop up some extra easy gems is great!! A tweak to it though, some of the objectives are not very clear (run any street fight eligible car........like what the heck does that mean, turf....showdown...tourney???) clicking the right arrow just takes you to garage, how about changing it to when clicking it it gives you a more detailed description of the objective task.

2) Being able to see when team members last raced on the team. Very very good add and makes managing the team so much better.

crazyjr said:

Lid drafter 478
    Sansung Ellipsis 7
    Android Version 4.4.2

I have added this device to our list for investigation. I'm very sorry to hear about your problem, bust I can't guarantee a 1 week timeline - as I've said many times on here, we're working around the clock to resolve these issues.
    I appreciate the response, especially since i never got to even try a race. I did three vids and a offer on the triple gems. went to get a car to race, my game essentially locked me out. The tablet did not crash, the app simply stopped. i got that little thing, saying that RR has stopped working, where you could either report or OK it. Since then it has not opened for me, I have cleared cache's, removed and re-DL'ed the game. This is my only account and it's linked by, both FB and google play. Lately i've only been playing bots in multiplayer, trying to get back into the game. I used to play on FB, through my computer.

From what i've seen, this might be the reason i've been looking for, to leave this game behind. I can't even draw an opinion, to whether i want to continue, due to the problems i'm experiencing. However, from what i've seen so far, it looks like, ya'll got the money and said F O. Sorry from where i'm sitting, no game and no recourse, but to hope. Looks like you are seriously trying, to kill the game. It is the only reason, i can see for this to actually happen
    crazyjr said:

crazyjr said:

Lid drafter 478
    Sansung Ellipsis 7
    Android Version 4.4.2

I appreciate the response, especially since i never got to even try a race. I did three vids and a offer on the triple gems. went to get a car to race, my game essentially locked me out. The tablet did not crash, the app simply stopped. i got that little thing, saying that RR has stopped working, where you could either report or OK it. Since then it has not opened for me, I have cleared cache's, removed and re-DL'ed the game. This is my only account and it's linked by, both FB and google play. Lately i've only been playing bots in multiplayer, trying to get back into the game. I used to play on FB, through my computer.

From what i've seen, this might be the reason i've been looking for, to leave this game behind. I can't even draw an opinion, to whether i want to continue, due to the problems i'm experiencing. However, from what i've seen so far, it looks like, ya'll got the money and said F O. Sorry from where i'm sitting, no game and no recourse, but to hope. Looks like you are seriously trying, to kill the game. It is the only reason, i can see for this to actually happen
    Just an update, my game will still not load, Tried 4 times, since the previous post. Still shutting down, at the loading garage screen. Right now, this is going down as the worst update, in the games history. it might even be the day, this game dies
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @[rr] downshift those flares tho. Please tell us the gonna be removed.. vary hard to concentrate. .. and please look into having the launch, rev, nos, and shifters darkened up. They are far to transparent. With the new lighting it's strains the eyes. Thanks mate
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • errick2109errick2109 Registered Users 38 Posts
    null
    it only has done it 2 time but on one race I won by fluke (they fouled)
  • davethepointdavethepoint Registered Users 62 Posts
    There is a big lag on my phone and tablet . galaxy s4 and nexus 7. its impossible to play with that lag. ign: anthonylapointe and on my other phone. lg g3, cars on my garage are very dark ign: cratepack. i turned off graphic option on both. if you need more information pm me.
  • arbrnboiarbrnboi Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 6 Posts
    OK Ryyst the tunes were tweaked again??? I have had ZR1 at 1668 since the last update now with this one they are all 1670!!!
  • BRUNOHONDABRUNOHONDA Registered Users 5 Posts
    @[RR] downshift thanks for ur awnser, I hope it I'll be fixed
    dwdtuning said:

@[rr] downshift those flares tho. Please tell us the gonna be removed.. vary hard to concentrate. .. and please look into having the launch, rev, nos, and shifters darkened up. They are far to transparent. With the new lighting it's strains the eyes. Thanks mate

We are indeed looking into removing the flares.
    crazyjr said:

crazyjr said:

crazyjr said:

Lid drafter 478
    Sansung Ellipsis 7
    Android Version 4.4.2

Just an update, my game will still not load, Tried 4 times, since the previous post. Still shutting down, at the loading garage screen. Right now, this is going down as the worst update, in the games history. it might even be the day, this game dies
    Do you have a different device you can try to load it on?