Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst's Blog #6 - Six Point Oh

Comments

• NevesomoNevesomo Registered Users 10 Posts
    edited November 2016
    @[RR]DownShift can u add my device to list for investigation? I have very low fps in garage and race. lags on lounch/ shift up/down (i can't normaly lounch and ride)
    ASUS Zenfone 3 ze520kl
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953, 8 core, 2.0 GHz
    screen 1920x1080
    Adreno 506, RAM 3gb
    Android 6.0.1
    P.S. I think my device is not weak for this game
  • DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    Nevesomo said:

@[RR]DownShift can u add my device to list for investigation? I have very low fps in garage and race. lags on lounch/ shift up/down (i can't normaly lounch and ride)
    ASUS Zenfone 3 ze520kl
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953, 8 core, 2.0 GHz
    screen 1920x1080
    Adreno 506, RAM 3gb
    Android 6.0.1
    P.S. I think my device is not weak for this game

That one was already on me list, that device has good hardware and should not be experiencing problems. We are working as fast as we can to get you all back up and running.
  • NevesomoNevesomo Registered Users 10 Posts
    thanks, I'll wait
    Nevesomo said:

thanks, I'll wait

Thank you for your patience.
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts

crazyjr said:

crazyjr said:

crazyjr said:

My game was forced updated, in the last couple days. Not played since the initial debacle, it wasn't updated at that time. However i opened it today and to no surprise, the update was forced. What do i think? Well i only, saw about 20 minutes worth, Because my game stopped after 1 offer and three videos (my chore in this game). I removed and re DL'ed the app it still will not load past the loading garage, before stopping.

I did everything i could to fix it, you have 1 week to fix it, or you lose yet another potential player. I have played off and on, for over two years (OCT 2014). If this is how you intend to treat me, for two years of loyalty. I have even spent some money, in the game. Not as much as others, but have bought some crates before the FB purge. But if this is how you treat potential customers then the BBB will be very interested in how you do business.

Thank you for the game while it was great, but it's not even been good for a while. though i still hope, that might change, one day

Edit: forgot to add my info.

Lid drafter 478
    Sansung Ellipsis 7
    Android Version 4.4.2

I have added this device to our list for investigation. I'm very sorry to hear about your problem, bust I can't guarantee a 1 week timeline - as I've said many times on here, we're working around the clock to resolve these issues.
    I appreciate the response, especially since i never got to even try a race. I did three vids and a offer on the triple gems. went to get a car to race, my game essentially locked me out. The tablet did not crash, the app simply stopped. i got that little thing, saying that RR has stopped working, where you could either report or OK it. Since then it has not opened for me, I have cleared cache's, removed and re-DL'ed the game. This is my only account and it's linked by, both FB and google play. Lately i've only been playing bots in multiplayer, trying to get back into the game. I used to play on FB, through my computer.

From what i've seen, this might be the reason i've been looking for, to leave this game behind. I can't even draw an opinion, to whether i want to continue, due to the problems i'm experiencing. However, from what i've seen so far, it looks like, ya'll got the money and said F O. Sorry from where i'm sitting, no game and no recourse, but to hope. Looks like you are seriously trying, to kill the game. It is the only reason, i can see for this to actually happen
    Just an update, my game will still not load, Tried 4 times, since the previous post. Still shutting down, at the loading garage screen. Right now, this is going down as the worst update, in the games history. it might even be the day, this game dies
    Do you have a different device you can try to load it on?
    No sir, i got this tablet, specifically for playing RR. I have other games on it now, but the primary reason, was to try to play this game. I do not have a smart phone, or other tablets, so can't try on them.

BTW, update from yesterday tried 3 times, since 6AM (Est) still the same thing
    crazyjr said:

crazyjr said:

crazyjr said:

crazyjr said:

My game was forced updated, in the last couple days. Not played since the initial debacle, it wasn't updated at that time. However i opened it today and to no surprise, the update was forced. What do i think? Well i only, saw about 20 minutes worth, Because my game stopped after 1 offer and three videos (my chore in this game). I removed and re DL'ed the app it still will not load past the loading garage, before stopping.

I did everything i could to fix it, you have 1 week to fix it, or you lose yet another potential player. I have played off and on, for over two years (OCT 2014). If this is how you intend to treat me, for two years of loyalty. I have even spent some money, in the game. Not as much as others, but have bought some crates before the FB purge. But if this is how you treat potential customers then the BBB will be very interested in how you do business.

Thank you for the game while it was great, but it's not even been good for a while. though i still hope, that might change, one day

Edit: forgot to add my info.

Lid drafter 478
    Sansung Ellipsis 7
    Android Version 4.4.2

I have added this device to our list for investigation. I'm very sorry to hear about your problem, bust I can't guarantee a 1 week timeline - as I've said many times on here, we're working around the clock to resolve these issues.
    I appreciate the response, especially since i never got to even try a race. I did three vids and a offer on the triple gems. went to get a car to race, my game essentially locked me out. The tablet did not crash, the app simply stopped. i got that little thing, saying that RR has stopped working, where you could either report or OK it. Since then it has not opened for me, I have cleared cache's, removed and re-DL'ed the game. This is my only account and it's linked by, both FB and google play. Lately i've only been playing bots in multiplayer, trying to get back into the game. I used to play on FB, through my computer.

From what i've seen, this might be the reason i've been looking for, to leave this game behind. I can't even draw an opinion, to whether i want to continue, due to the problems i'm experiencing. However, from what i've seen so far, it looks like, ya'll got the money and said F O. Sorry from where i'm sitting, no game and no recourse, but to hope. Looks like you are seriously trying, to kill the game. It is the only reason, i can see for this to actually happen
    Just an update, my game will still not load, Tried 4 times, since the previous post. Still shutting down, at the loading garage screen. Right now, this is going down as the worst update, in the games history. it might even be the day, this game dies
    Do you have a different device you can try to load it on?
    No sir, i got this tablet, specifically for playing RR. I have other games on it now, but the primary reason, was to try to play this game. I do not have a smart phone, or other tablets, so can't try on them.

BTW, update from yesterday tried 3 times, since 6AM (Est) still the same thing
    I'm sorry to hear that, we're looking into the loading issue as it's own separate thing now. I'm hoping to be able to resolve that quicker since it may be able to get fixed through the back-end.
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    You guys are going to lose alot of people after turf. The lag during races are B.S. I'm on a note 7 and my internet connection is fast.
  • SlxyarhSlxyarh Registered Users 5,109 Posts
    edited November 2016
    @[RR] DownShift i have a problem when i go to claim my crates i got this turf but the game keeps crashing before i even get to pick it up is there any prevention from doing this im really pissed off I can't spend my gems i bought
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    https://imgur.com/0dtOS7h

Well this is getting very annoying.... Very
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
    Slxyarh said:

@[RR] DownShift i have a problem when i go to claim my crates i got this turf but the game keeps crashing before i even get to pick it up is there any prevention from doing this im really pissed off I can't spend my gems i bought

What device are you on?

https://imgur.com/0dtOS7h

Well this is getting very annoying.... Very

If you have download all on, try turning it off.
    im currently on iphone 6 my game works fine but that's the issue at the moment
    Slxyarh said:

This an issue we're still trying to track down. We're hoping to have it fixed in our next update which will be soon if testing goes well.
    thanks for letting me know btw any idea on racer club when it's going to be released have seen it in a couple of weeks
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    edited November 2016
    I have probably played RR longer than most players commenting in these forums (Since mid-late 2013). I wish you admins would actually play your own game but you clearly do not. Please admit that this update is a royal disaster and 5.0 roll out when that update happened was at least manageable and received more positive reviews than the 6.0 reviews. The graphics just suck. It won't matter what device you play on. These claims that it matter what device you're on are just excuses from Glu.

1. Global chat - please make that an option to turn on and off I don't want to see "1" in my incoming messages just to see random comments from others I don't care about.

2. Fix the boost glitch - When in tournament if you toggle between on and off it will randomly switch back to the other while waiting to race the next opponent. Example - I turn boost off because I'm in a K1 and up against a rx7 spec. I don't need boost I turn it off it says off just for it to randomly turn back on. It's weird....look into it and I hate having my boost wasted when I didn't select boost. Same goes vice versa.

3. Graphics - it's just bad don't know what else to tell ya. If you make excuses for it because it must be something on our devices? No...it sucks plain n simple. Shouldn't matter what device. I have iPhone 6 and please don't tell me it's something with that. Lame.

4. Team chat is barely visible to the eye. For example I'm Co-Leader so the blue bar and blue text does NOT do well on the eyes and neither does the leader orange text on orange bar. Look into this and correct it which leads me to my next point.

5. Font size - Holy smokes! How little are the letters on this update very hard to read most times.

6. Fun - The whole feel of the game with the messed up paint jobs, rims and overall look discourage the racer from even playing the game anymore. It's not fun. Call it my opinion but the only person I don't know saying they love it his name is pigpen and his ass is far up your companies ass it isn't funny so he doesn't count.

7. Did I mention the update sucks? Oh ok....just fix the game I'm sure you're well aware your numbers are dropping as the weeks move forward so this should concern your entire Glu team.

I'll be checking from time to time until the next update from you guys happens. Until then I'll have more time to check out other app games as RR used to be my one and only game I loved playing. That it is no longer.

IGN: cocoabiscuits SC 2,700,000+
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Still choppy "slide show" effect on ZTE ZMAX PRO ign is CircusOfSins

• simpy12simpy12 Registered Users 1,385 Posts
    I would add to this, but I can already see everyone else has covered most of my problems as well.. also yesterday while I was in a lobby racing and exited out to my home screen this has been happening to only a few times tho.. https://imgur.com/a/UIHVl
    IGN simpy12
  • errick2109errick2109 Registered Users 38 Posts
    if you try to report issues in game via the little little Itty bitty ? symbol it shuts down the game
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    I gave up trying to submit issues with the "?" it closes the game on my Galaxy S7
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    deezy24 said:

I have probably played RR longer than most players commenting in these forums (Since mid-late 2013). I wish you admins would actually play your own game but you clearly do not. Please admit that this update is a royal disaster and 5.0 roll out when that update happened was at least manageable and received more positive reviews than the 6.0 reviews. The graphics just suck. It won't matter what device you play on. These claims that it matter what device you're on are just excuses from Glu.

1. Global chat - please make that an option to turn on and off I don't want to see "1" in my incoming messages just to see random comments from others I don't care about.

2. Fix the boost glitch - When in tournament if you toggle between on and off it will randomly switch back to the other while waiting to race the next opponent. Example - I turn boost off because I'm in a K1 and up against a rx7 spec. I don't need boost I turn it off it says off just for it to randomly turn back on. It's weird....look into it and I hate having my boost wasted when I didn't select boost. Same goes vice versa.

3. Graphics - it's just bad don't know what else to tell ya. If you make excuses for it because it must be something on our devices? No...it sucks plain n simple. Shouldn't matter what device. I have iPhone 6 and please don't tell me it's something with that. Lame.

4. Team chat is barely visible to the eye. For example I'm Co-Leader so the blue bar and blue text does NOT do well on the eyes and neither does the leader orange text on orange bar. Look into this and correct it which leads me to my next point.

5. Font size - Holy smokes! How little are the letters on this update very hard to read most times.

6. Fun - The whole feel of the game with the messed up paint jobs, rims and overall look discourage the racer from even playing the game anymore. It's not fun. Call it my opinion but the only person I don't know saying they love it his name is pigpen and his **** is far up your companies **** it isn't funny so he doesn't count.

7. Did I mention the update sucks? Oh ok....just fix the game I'm sure you're well aware your numbers are dropping as the weeks move forward so this should concern your entire Glu team.

I'll be checking from time to time until the next update from you guys happens. Until then I'll have more time to check out other app games as RR used to be my one and only game I loved playing. That it is no longer.

IGN: cocoabiscuits SC 2,700,000+

You described my gripes to perfection, except for the team stuff. No team, so no problem. As it stands, if this continues to be the game going forward, even if they fix the lag and lockouts. This will kill the game, it is very expensive (RR shifts term), on processor and RAM. May as well just put it back on Computer, with HMTL coding. At least we could play it
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    My gripe from turf.

1. Team points board. You can't tell who's leading team in points.

2. Team standings from team board.

3. Team chat is horrible with small font

4. Blue background on every aspect of the game is plain ugly. Makes you not want to log on to the game.

5. Lag...lag... lag...

6. Perfect launch sound is plain stupid. The tires screech needs to be back.. that swoosh sound from flare throws you off.

7. Graphics sucks

You guy will definitely feel the wrath from Lou customers especially this upcoming turf. Most of the top 25 teams will sit this out.
  • CoorzmanCoorzman Registered Users 54 Posts

Slxyarh said:

This an issue we're still trying to track down. We're hoping to have it fixed in our next update which will be soon if testing goes well.
    I had this issue on my iPhone 6S while running IOS 9.3. I finally updated to 10.1 and it fixed the issue with crashing when trying to go to the shipyard. I went as far as deleting and reinstalling the game first and rebooting the phone.

Seems like it was related to graphics crashing because there was a brief moment where the shipping container animation would start and it would freeze for a second, but when it froze for that split second the graphic was pixelated.
    IGN is G Bubs
    Co Leader of F U K A Turfcar
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Hey, so I have to say after a week with 6.0 on my Samsung galaxy S5 the graphics are looking better the lag is getting better too. I still notice that chrome items like rims, trim etc are grey or silver. I picked up a Samsung Galaxy 7 Tab A tablet Friday and downloaded the app then downloaded the game itself running on wifi only with the game id "Tawny Donkey" The lag time while trying to race is frustrating as heck. I just started guessing for the launch instead of trying to keep the car revved. as the cars race down the track I have no idea about shifting because the screen is so choppy. I've finished behind the other racer and then the game says I was the winner. :o The graphics look like a cartoon. plays ads no problem. I still get an error stating that I need to reload the game. I just push the back button on the tablet and it goes away.I also noticed on the tablet there isn't an option for Graphics on the tablet but there is on my phone.

I dug up an old iphone 4 and downloaded the game under the name "slammed 80s" The graphics actually looked better than both of my Samsung devices. same deal though. too much lag for pretty much everything. it will not play videos and there isn't an option for the graphics.
    Hope that helps.
    Tawny
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    I would be willing to do some beta testing. I did some for ebay for about a year. The beta testing was for auction page clicks and layout. Nothing to do with games but I have finished this game twice. RR IGN "RR Tawny Donkey" "Tawny Donkey" Ebay calls beta testers, "Members of the Community" There was some perks for the testing that I cant really cant disclose.

I am on a galaxy s4

1. Game lags as soon as i get in the garage. I tried to rotate the car and it takes forever to get a 360 view of it.

2. Flares are very distracting.

3. Everytime i log in a "reload" window pops up.

4. As of 30 minutes ago now everytime i log into game it restarts my phone entirely! I cant even get into the game anymore.

5. Yall already know about the matte colors.

IGN: BLKSTANG0007

Thanks for the info, this device is on our list.

Still choppy "slide show" effect on ZTE ZMAX PRO ign is CircusOfSins

We are still working on the fix that will address this for you.
    simpy12 said:

I would add to this, but I can already see everyone else has covered most of my problems as well.. also yesterday while I was in a lobby racing and exited out to my home screen this has been happening to only a few times tho.. https://imgur.com/a/UIHVl

We've seen this a few times as well but haven't been able to lock it down. Can you give me any more info?

if you try to report issues in game via the little little Itty bitty ? symbol it shuts down the game

You can report your problem via the web here: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/racing-rivals/?p=web

I gave up trying to submit issues with the "?" it closes the game on my Galaxy S7

Please use the web portal: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/racing-rivals/?p=web

Hey, so I have to say after a week with 6.0 on my Samsung galaxy S5 the graphics are looking better the lag is getting better too. I still notice that chrome items like rims, trim etc are grey or silver. I picked up a Samsung Galaxy 7 Tab A tablet Friday and downloaded the app then downloaded the game itself running on wifi only with the game id "Tawny Donkey" The lag time while trying to race is frustrating as heck. I just started guessing for the launch instead of trying to keep the car revved. as the cars race down the track I have no idea about shifting because the screen is so choppy. I've finished behind the other racer and then the game says I was the winner. :o The graphics look like a cartoon. plays ads no problem. I still get an error stating that I need to reload the game. I just push the back button on the tablet and it goes away.I also noticed on the tablet there isn't an option for Graphics on the tablet but there is on my phone.

I dug up an old iphone 4 and downloaded the game under the name "slammed 80s" The graphics actually looked better than both of my Samsung devices. same deal though. too much lag for pretty much everything. it will not play videos and there isn't an option for the graphics.
    Hope that helps.
    Tawny

Thank you for the info.