Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst Blog #6 Supplemental - Update on the Issues

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey all,

We all deeply appreciate your patience while we work through the issues affecting players. We have looked at all the info and feedback you all have provided and we are going to be burning the midnight oil as it were to get these issues resolved.

We are currently testing a new update which should resolve many of these issues.

Matte and Flake Paint issues
Wheel issues
Latency
Over all graphics
Global Chat (option to turn off notifications)

We will also continue to look into the feedback provided. We've seen your concerns about the following:

Sounds
User Interface (Color scheme, fonts)
Race Results screens
Racing Buttons
Text sizes
Thumbnails and more

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    Thankyou for all the hard work guys i have been playing for over two years and almost cried when i saw what the new update has done,but in just a few days you have done amazing things which have restored my faith in glu. Please keep up the fine work and make sure you get some rest. Thankyou MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Eh, I basically knew from the jump they'd fix this shit
    Yeah me to but boy oh boy had me frieking out lol
  • GENERALGRAPErrGENERALGRAPErr Registered Users 1 Posts
    WHERR ARE THE FREE GEMS WTH
  • SlxyarhSlxyarh Registered Users 5,109 Posts
    what about the issue that im having

I can't open my crates I received this turf cause the game crashes on my everytime it loads at the shipyard or before it

please fix this in the next update that will be released soon

it'll be great if you let me know btw tag me as i get quoted and don't get tagged
  • davethepointdavethepoint Registered Users 62 Posts
    You should work on lag, to put team member in order to the point not by the rank and make on/off boost boutton in a different color when on or off. I also have some other probleme. Im co-leader and i cant whrite on the team tag and i can t accept new player for the team. ign: cratepack. And if you can put the galaxy s4 on your list of phone to check cause my son cant play. there is a lot of lag and he lost all his free coupon for tounament. ign : anthonylapointe thank you very much.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Slxyarh said:

I can't open my crates I received this turf cause the game crashes on my everytime it loads at the shipyard or before it

it'll be great if you let me know btw tag me as i get quoted and don't get tagged

I have the same issue (IPhone 6s+, on IOS 9.3.1). Although, if I try repeatedly, I can sometimes get it to work (the shipyard). I have to keep attempting to open in, let the game crash, reload, and try again.

After about 5 tries, it works. Even then, though, it can and will randomly crash while you are opening crates. I'd refrain from buying any crate bundles if I were you (I did and it crashed in the middle of opening the bundle...lost out on the remaining crates, and the 1k gems).

Many thanks / props to Glu and it's staff - I know you guys have been busting your @sses since this update came out trying to correct issues, run damage control, etc. It's a thankless job (I know, I've been in tech / customer support....NEVER again), but to those of us that have been on "that side of the counter", we understand, and appreciate the efforts. Thanks!
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Thank you for all the hard work guys i have been playing for over two years and almost cried when i saw what the new update has done,but in just a few days you have done amazing things which have restored my faith in glu. Please keep up the fine work and make sure you get some rest. Thankyou MIDNIGHT RAMBLER

You're all welcome. I've said this before. We are all (we at Glu) here because we love gaming and we want to bring the best experiences we can to you all. Sometimes we just have to work out the kinks (some bigger than others). We'll definitely get all these things resolved, and in the end, Rivals will continue to be a great drag racing game.

Just have to have a little faith!

Thanks for sticking with us!

Slxyarh said:

What's your Racer Name?

WHERR ARE THE FREE GEMS WTH

As with any big issue, before we consider any free gem giveaways, we'd like to get the issues resolved. I'm pretty sure we'll offer some kind of compensation for these issues, but we'd like to concentrate on getting the game to where we'd like it first.

• errick2109errick2109 Registered Users 38 Posts
    I'd really like to see my Cyclone that I lost without even knowing it was a pink race
  • SlxyarhSlxyarh Registered Users 5,109 Posts
    Slxyarh is my ign @Roush Sport thanks for the response it's getting really frustrating i wanna open them already since honda crates came out didn't know you lost a whole bundle sorry for that
    Is there anything that can be done about the lag played last night and it was awsome today the lag is so bad cant even race thx MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
  • big daddy dizzlebig daddy dizzle Registered Users 21 Posts
    Please make sure that you guys test these fixes on the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. I'm sick and tired of not being able to play. And I have been playing incentives the game came to android devices. I really don't care about crates or hondas or the fact that every single new item cost a crap load of gems. I want a game that's fluid in game play and that looks and sounds like it should
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    thank you for addressing those issues
  • Trex824Trex824 Registered Users 655 Posts
    Thanks glu ;)
  • AnonymousAnonymous Registered Users 3,837 Posts
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The top pic shows the car in my garage , the bottom pic is the same device but from another account looking at my cars in my garage.

The bottom pic is much better that's how I would like to see my cars in my garage when I view them please fix this
    Slxyarh said:

Slxyarh is my ign @Roush Sport thanks for the response it's getting really frustrating i wanna open them already since honda crates came out didn't know you lost a whole bundle sorry for that

Hey, looks like we're seeing others having the same issue. We're looking into it.

Is there anything that can be done about the lag played last night and it was awsome today the lag is so bad cant even race thx MIDNIGHT RAMBLER

We believe the lag is tied to the graphics issues, so we're hopeful that our next update will alleviate the latency issues.

Anonymous said:

The top pic shows the car in my garage , the bottom pic is the same device but from another account looking at my cars in my garage.

The bottom pic is much better that's how I would like to see my cars in my garage when I view them please fix this

You can check out Foxx's update in the Word from the Devs section. We're basically rolling back the car graphics to 5.3, while giving you the option to turn on the 6.0 graphics, should your device be able to handle them. So you'll either see your car like it was in 5.3 or if your device is powerful enough , with 6.0 graphics.

• TimothyLiuTimothyLiu Registered Users 34 Posts
    Ryyst i really appreciate the hard work. Unlike other Cie's Games you all didn't give up like "Oh we failed, we will shut the game down." Really appreciate that.

I got a request for the next update. Can you guys set the default graphics to the 5.3 ver , please? So when u download the game from the Play Store, log in and what you see is the 5.3 graphics...put the 6.0 graphics in the settings so players with higher end phones can turn it on all the time. And players with older phones can still access the game.

Good job and keep up the good work !
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited November 2016
    I wish, i could just get into my account. It refuses to load. After a day, Bluestacks started trying to charge me $2.00 a month, without notification of any charge at all, so had to remove it. would not have had a problem with it, if it said trial, but that was never mentioned at all. So i can't get into or change settings in my game. till the sign in loadup problem is solved. Appreciate the care package, RR Fox said we would be getting. But does me no good, if i can't even load the garage.

My in game name is lid drafter 487
    samsung ellipse 7
    andriod 4.4.2

Ryyst i really appreciate the hard work. Unlike other Cie's Games you all didn't give up like "Oh we failed, we will shut the game down." Really appreciate that.

I got a request for the next update. Can you guys set the default graphics to the 5.3 ver , please? So when u download the game from the Play Store, log in and what you see is the 5.3 graphics...put the 6.0 graphics in the settings so players with higher end phones can turn it on all the time. And players with older phones can still access the game.

Good job and keep up the good work !

Check this out

http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5364787/racing-rivals-6-0-update-whats-to-come

edited November 2016
    crazyjr said:

I wish, i could just get into my account. It refuses to load. After a day, Bluestacks started trying to charge me $2.00 a month, without notification of any charge at all, so had to remove it. would not have had a problem with it, if it said trial, but that was never mentioned at all. So i can't get into or change settings in my game. till the sign in loadup problem is solved. Appreciate the care package, RR Fox said we would be getting. But does me no good, if i can't even load the garage.

My in game name is lid drafter 487
    samsung ellipse 7
    andriod 4.4.2

When is the last time you were able to get into the game with this account? What did you use?

Also can you try making a new account? Delete the game, redownload and restart and see if you can load and make a new account.

• dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    After downgrading parts, car seems stuck at higher rating to server, even after resetting app. Example, changing 6 parts from Pro range to stock, my corvettte should be 1653, but still reads as 1659 and goes into 1663 lobby, instead of 1656. Happens with Many R (or above) class cars, or cars with performance parts installed.
  • BerryBerry Registered Users 1 Posts
    1. I got laggy when I race someone or bring a matte car for race
    But a regular car (no matte, under glow, rims, headlights) is much better ( few laggy but not like a 5.3 )

2. The launch delay, I mean like when I release the pedals right on 1st light, but its kinda delay ( late 1st light)

I think if that's fixed, its will be awesome!! Also the graphic lol

My device:

http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_ideatab_a3000-5353.php
    http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_a7000_plus-7886.php

Region: Indonesia

Thank you so much for doing hard work for this problem, cheers!