Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Why do we have a global chat?

RAINBHOWDASHRAINBHOWDASH Registered Users 71 Posts
Can we get rid of it honestly me being a youtuber in the Racing Rivals community I would be remiss if i did not say something I and other people i have talked to agree the addition of global chat was one that was un-needed at the time we actually compiled a list of reasons all of which we felt were perfectly valid

1. The biggest problem is as if scammers were not bad enough now litterally theres a whole chat dedicated to them and i try to tell my subscribers not to trade (not only because its unsupported but its just flat out dumb and pointless removing vital aspects of the game) However they go do it anyway then complain when they get scammed which makes no sense to me personally either.

2. Global chat is not really needed to message people we did perfectly fine with pms up until now if you really wanna contact someone you can make it work otherwise you dont really need to contact them.

3. Lets all be honest we have all opened global chat on accident and theres some guy either saying some obscene things or some kids talking about someone else and just an overall lack of community at all in the chat unless if your gonna have mods watching the chat (or appoint racers to be ingame mods) The chat is virtually "cancer" it only gets worse and worse.

We didnt exactly feel wrong in these justifications and i hope you (glu) legitmately consider these as they are very serious issues that i felt needed to be shared and looked at a community starts internally and global chat as it is makes us unstable structurally speaking noone expects a fix for the scammers (even though we all want that too lol) but if we could at least address one problem at a time we could get somewhere thanks for reading.

Stay dashing

Comments

• MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts
    And it causes game to lag a lot, even if you turn it off it STILL WORKS when you tap on it you can see players typing and chat , so what does this turn off button do?

This global chat needs to go for good...
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

And it causes game to lag a lot, even if you turn it off it STILL WORKS when you tap on it you can see players typing and chat , so what does this turn off button do?

This global chat needs to go for good...

It turns off the notification that someone has posted something in the chat. It doesn't turn off the chat itself.