Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

What do you feel is still "wrong"

Comments

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    I have to agree. Why not build an update using the 5.3 model? Glu took a chance with 6.0 and it has been, for the most part, a failure. You took a product many customers enjoyed and changed it to something many customers hate. If you sold me a refrigerator and in 6 months it turned into a toaster, I'd be pretty pissed at the product I spent my money on. Glu pretty much did exactly that. Glu took the game in a new direction and that direction has been meet with overwhelming discontent yet you keep pushing the product along. Carbonated has a chance to return the game to what it was and make many players happy. Why not do so and clean up Glu's mistake?
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    I think it's the Unity software they started using with 6.0.. Unity is garbage...
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts
    When entering tournament, if you have boost on you won't be able to turn it off till it ends or if entering with boost off you won't be able to turn it on till it ends
  • f150lifef150life Registered Users 177 Posts
    Having the true rating of a car. Example a 50 still coupes that goes in 56 lobby.

Happens with a lot of cars and it sucks when tuning.
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    (Psst @Roush Sport ...curtains and drapes are the same thing bud...think you meant carpet)

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    @CircusOfSins Dang it! Didn't even realize I screwed that up. Editing now!
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts

The glitch on the 68 Charger SE in the tournaments really needs to be fixed bad. Make doing the tournaments a waste of time. I just did 5x torunament s to my daily gems and lost 750k rrc to the darn things. As you see in the SS one off them hit 7.22 and 7.3 in 68 lobby. Since when is any 68 lobby car that fast? If the same car joins a turf or showdown lobby they then go to the correct lobby but in tournaments they go to the lobby they use to be in. Example I had one 50 tuned and when the glitch came out it was running 8.9 in 50 tournaments but when I joined a turf lobby it was 57 rated in the 63 lobby.
  • Tu66yTu66y Registered Users 27 Posts
    edited February 2017
    I'll tell you something that is really wrong:
    Teams busting their arses all weekend, only to end up with a silver crate (non-paintable) Focus RS RE as their turf reward.

Yes, the top 1-25 wrap looks cool but underneath it's the exact same car, as well. The specs are identical and even the name of the car is identical. Just something to make it different, other than a new wrap, would have been good. That's what makes turf cars special!

It's very disappointing, to say the least, and you shouldn't be surprised that there are a lot of very pissed off people out there.

Who was the genius who thought that it would be a good idea to just take a recent crate car (that is extremely common now) and just transfer it over to turf, wrap and all?!?

edited February 2017
    Tu66y said:

I'll tell you something that is really wrong:
    Teams busting their arses all weekend, only to end up with a silver crate (non-paintable) Focus RS RE as their turf reward.

Yes, the top 1-25 wrap looks cool but underneath it's the exact same car, as well. The specs are identical and even the name of the car is identical. Just something to make it different, other than a new wrap, would have been good. That's what makes turf cars special!

It's very disappointing, to say the least, and you shouldn't be surprised that there are a lot of very pissed off people out there.

Who was the genius who thought that it would be a good idea to just take a recent crate car (that is extremely common now) and just transfer it over to turf, wrap and all?!?

Apologies for my rant on the focus rs re turf car issue. It's now been clarified and it seems I misunderstood the plan and assumed only tier 4 would receive the car. Again, thanks for doing the right thing and sorry for jumping the gun.
  • MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts
    When testing car in garage/upgrade, it should not affect the engine damage like it does, cause some cars has high engine damage rate and after testing it there is no way to go to multiplayer/racer showdown or even turf wars to race the car with all the damage from testing it...
    Regarding engine damage and test drive:
    I know you'll never give free test drive, but please display the damage progress after each race. Having to go back to the lobby to check engine damage and then re-enter test drive is impractical and, more importantly, annoying.
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue...but when I open the app it takes forever...and then once I go to turf or even showdown...I can race a couple of times and i will have to restart the game due to it sits on a racer saying trying to connect. This is the only app that I have trouble with. I have put in tickets to get it resolve and just keep getting the same answer...uninstall and reinstall...clear cache...cmon man I have done all this...I don't know if its lag or what it is...but I have to restart after 2-3 races...these issues are getting old real quick! Phone: google pixel-xl...no other apps lag or have to restart.
  • VS16VS16 Registered Users 5,284 Posts
    I wish it told you what wheels you have installed. When you have 2 or more showroom wheels unlocked it should say "install" at the top like the old days. It would be a lot easier to find wheels and install them Thanks!!!

Z4 Collecter
    Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beamer
    #ImWithTheClown
    iSnowy 6
  • HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    How about a refresh button to say what's your true current rating (when tuning cars). Hate to restart the app and too shy to ask what lobby I enter.

Btw, i suggested back then to show which lobby you landed by placing it somewhere on top right side of rrc/gems
  • dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Well I've given some time before posting in order to be fair to carbonated. I was really really hopeful.

You guys have done some good things, but honestly it's just not enough to curtail the exodus tgat has been happening. Banning the glitches and hackers was a start.

I'd like to add a couple things.

Since you won't implement a trade system, allow us to disassociate our accounts from google play store, and be able to password protect it. Sure you have it that it can be linked to Facebook but that's a rookie mistake.Facebook security is super lax and that's how people lose their accounts. You guys won't help those that get burnt so allow proper security measures. Be responsible for your game and don't pass the blame to Google.

Turf events. At this point it cost more to turf than the 3peat cars are worth. It surely can't be that difficult to have new prizes. You expect us to spend money on this game but you are constantly devaluing every thing we earn, so there is no motivation to spend. You are only hurting yourselves as a company. Same deal with raver club, it's the same thing over and over and over. Why would I use gems on items I can get for a mill rrc.

The economy of the game is its lifeblood. If everything we can get has no value, why should we spend money to get the next batch?
    Ypu guys totally screwed up the Ford focus rs re. It was such an easy thing to fix. Yet you gave them out server wide.....yeah that seems fair. You burnt all the turners.

Why are we stuck on servers with 3rd world country that are set out to rob us? Come on guys let's use common sense here. The biggest bunch of thieves come from certain places. Let them all play together.

The general lobbies and general chat are basiccly scam central. If a new player comes into the game and gets cheated, he won't stay. I would think you guys would have a customer retention plan, but I know better. I don't know how many coders you have and I understand that as a business you don't want to 'throw money ato it" but these problems we onto be remedied with good intentions. The rate in which players are leaving I would think you have no choice but to get it together but....

The things that need done are so common sense that I feel as though you guys are just calling it in.

You said forever there was no nos miss. There damn sure is. I even created an acount for no other reason than to log data from test track. I don't know what it is but something about the .002 rt. I didn't use this account to race or anything but just wanted to look at data. With out digging myself a hole I'll just assure you there is a problem. You guys know that though, you just told us foreverror it was in our heads.

Why is it the garage is still so jacked up. Use gems to repair have to restart tof use said car. The garage randomly disappears ( to fix this kids click garage 2x if that doesn't work send a message thrm click garage 2x fixes it. Everytine)

Give us a reason to stay and we will. As of now I'm loyal to my friends but I have 0 of the 35k points I need this turf because I just can't get into it anymore, and I oozed this game.

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears as it's not my first times pointing all of those out. I guess I wanted to give you the chance to fix the game for those that love it.

Good luck
    Shawn
  • waynestatic1waynestatic1 Registered Users 9 Posts
    I want to complain for a minute. Why is it that people can hold the lights in a race by going back to their home screen and returning back to the race and not be disqualified.this is a form of cheating used by a lot of people especially when there is money or pinks on the line. This creates an unfair advantage to the person that is cheating. I can't begin to tell you how many cars I have lost in pinks due to this issue that only does it break your concentration you are more apt to get a bad reaction time or foul. I feel if you back out of a race no matter the circumstance you should automatically be disqualified from the race and the other person should win. I know people get phone calls or text messages during a race it happens but on most devices you are able to turn off ringer's text messages and not be disturbed while playing the game. Or maybe what should happen is if you back out of the race, or get a phone call, the race should automatically be tied and no one loses their money or no one loses their car.you guys have implemented this already when there is a connection issue and it automatically ties the race so maybe we could do that if somebody tries to cheat. Thank you for listening I look forward to hearing your response thank you
  • AngelsFromAboveAngelsFromAbove Registered Users 756 Posts
    Downgrade to old RR i loved it now my game is skipping -_-
  • alex070504alex070504 Registered Users 5 Posts
    My question is about the events seems like every week they are the same I belive your reasoning is for the beginners to have more of a chance to comPete but this is just boring what's the use in having cars for all events if every week you just need to build svt or civic si now most guys can put up big points with all the options you have use them people will complain about something but these events have to change rwd ffa and turbo are you kidding me I will make my 50k get my 1 or 2 t25 cars and be bored as he'll doing it
    To go off the top comment about events. You have Turbo and Supercharger evens why not also do Nos and Natural Aspiration events also?
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @JohnKIV they did an NA event once before. But they allowed nos cars to compete. Just not turbo or SC cars.. it was a disaster.. lol and they still allowed boost for the NA event. Smh.. but i agree, the events are pretty boring nowadays.. all you gotta have is a bunch of maxed svt's, civic 's, corolla's, or even 300z's. And you can crush in turf...
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    edited March 2017
    They could give the gem option to take off No's. Wait three weeks and do a nos only event. Would make a killing off people un-nos, then re-nos, then un-nos.

And they should all be happy because

1. they can remove No's

2. new event.

Who cares if its cost them 3x the amount of gems . lol they got what they wanted right?

Food for thought
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @pathetic the option to remove nos should always be there albeit at a price. Its up to the individual to decide if use it or not. Same as for the renaming of the ign. The option is there. No ? If I like to change it and have ample gems to waste Its my decision at the end of the day.

That said, if nos events evens the sc, turbo and all other events than I would say that the need to remove nos would diminish. It would be more the other way round...those who don't like NOS would need to install it in order to compete in relative nos events. The game can only strive if such events are introduced. It's just my opinion.
  • patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    Those who don't like No's have already taken 1,000's of subpar cars that had crap tunes with No's. So no, we wouldn't ever need to add nos to ANYTHING ever. Just grab a scrap and feed it to the wolves
    Lol @aubassplayer yeah if they did a NA event but still allowed Nos that is a huge F up.

I still think a All Motor even and Nos only event (no other power adder sc/turbo) events would be fun. Even take it a step further to making and All Motor and Nos only events you could do power adder/car make events.
    Example:
    Jdm/All motor
    Usa/supercharger
    Euro/turbo
    Honda/nos only
    Chevy/all motor
    Ford/all motor
    Ford/nos only
    Etc. Etc.

I think that would be fun and shake up the competition. And make a wider variety of tunes needed.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @JohnKIV exactly my line of thought as mentioned above. Nos would be required for certain events whether you like it or not. Now high end cars and RE cars which have a installed NOS system would be used to compete in these Nos events. So NOS free tunes which are deemed superior would be useless in such events. New tunes would be required. New specific nos only events can only help the game and make turf wars even the more exciting.
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited April 2017
    Wanna know what's wrong with the game? The lag.... and it's not my device, I'm playing on an iPhone s7 and on 6.2.1 and since the update, the game lags badly. I updated last night and the game is almost unplayable. My phone has 7 pics on it, no vids, 21 songs and 1 other app so it's not a storage or performance issue on my end
  • random like Brianrandom like Brian Registered Users 61 Posts
    Can we please fix the login issue through Game Center. Turf has started and I can't access my accounts. I understand it's being "looked into" but you might want to put your glasses on. If people who have multiple accounts cant access them... they can't play.... if they can't play........ they can't spend gems. This isn't rocket science
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Can we please fix the login issue through Game Center. Turf has started and I can't access my accounts. I understand it's being "looked into" but you might want to put your glasses on. If people who have multiple accounts cant access them... they can't play.... if they can't play........ they can't spend gems. This isn't rocket science

It's been fixed. Are you on 6.2.1? If not, update, and your login issue will be resolved.
  • prince alex 3prince alex 3 Registered Users 34 Posts
    something I think would help players with large garages is a lobby rate sorting option
    Turbo cars being the only cars eligible to race in the "supercharger" event seem to be a big mistake. As I planed for a supercharger event not turbo.