Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

The Top 100 Turf Car (Updated)

2Next

Comments

• Options
    shankshank Registered Users 1,828 Posts
    edited March 2017
    oh well ...
  • Options
    kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    So I'm hearing that players got their paintable focus.. Both my accounts didn't get it.
  • Options
    adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    I was on a t25 team the week of the focus rsre, I claimed the car and left the following week. Did not get the paintable focus rsre
  • Options
    Its bullshitt they have records of who claimed what. Now a lot of people are screwed outta their paintable focus
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    It seems when the paintable cars were issued, they went to whomever currently has one of the turf reward cars in their account. So, @kraykrayvro, if you sold your turf reward car(s) (as you stated in another post), whomever you sold them to - received the paintable cars as well. You might reach out to that person.
  • Options
    r1y2a3n420r1y2a3n420 Registered Users 11 Posts
    I didn't get mine either. I didn't sell it. I pinked it till it was gone. Let's be real for a second. it was just a silver crate car. No one is just going to give the paintable one back. Especially some random person I pinked. Why would the the cars not be given to the people that claimed?
  • Options
    KevoKevo Registered Users 30 Posts
    @Roush Sport not entirely correct . People where only rewarded 1 paintable per account no matter how many claims they had on that account . I pinked my 2 wrapped cars to team mate . He also claimed his top
    25 wrapped car . I didn't receive a paintable car at all and he only recieved 1 paintable car on his account . Plain and simple cars should have been rewarded to accounts that claimed .....
  • Options
    @Roush Sport it shouldn't be like that. No where in the post does it say. "We'll reward those who have the turf car in their account" it says those players who won in turf will get a paintable one.. I can't get it from person who I sold it to. He already quit game... Game has record of which teams and players in each team that won turf that week should've rewarded players that way instead of giving it to whoever has the turf car in their possession. They didn't earn it so why should they get it and not the players who actually turf for it. I'm screwed out of 2 paintables. Rryst should've said don't get rid of the turf focus that's the only way you'll receive a paintable focus. This is bullshitt I'm pist af
  • Options
    Only reason why I sold them if because rryst said there was a mistake and we'll be issued a correct paintable focus to those players who earned it. I'm like w.e. I'll sell these and get the ones I was really after when they issue the correct ones. If it was said to hold on to the turf focus in order to receive the correct paintable ones I would've never sold them
  • Options
    @kraykrayvro just to remind trade is not supported by rr i doubt they will help you for that reason .. lucky me i decided to hold on it .. i got mine
  • Options
    @shank what about those who lost there cars in pink races . Do you believe the person that one should get a paintable rs re ? This a huge mistake probably the biggest I seen.
  • Options
    Kevo said:

@shank what about those who lost there cars in pink races . Do you believe the person that one should get a paintable rs re ? This a huge mistake probably the biggest I seen.

The argument could be made that if you pinked it and lost it, that's it. You lost it an any bonuses that went along with it.

I see both sides of the argument - from the players perspective, and from Carbonated's perspective.

Players Side - The way the information was put out there, it gave the impression that if you ran in the turf war and were on a team that won a car...you'd be receiving a second, paintable one. Didn't make any mention of having to be on the same team, still needing to have the original turf reward car in your account when the paintable one was issued, etc.

(Bear in mind I don't work for or speak on behalf of Carbonated...as such, this is all speculation)
    Carbonated's side - Those that ran in turf and finished T100 or above won a car. Pure and simple. Now, were the graphics on the car the same as what was promised? No, but the fact remains, any player that earned the car, won the car. Because of a mistake on our part, what was given, was not what was promised. We went the extra mile to honor our original message, which was that certain teams (T26 to T100) would be receiving a paintable version of it. We actually went even further, and for the sake of keeping it fair among the winners, issued every player that won a car, a second car (T1 received paintable with T1 rims, etc). We honored our agreement.

WIth that said, the only part of this that I don't know if they will address or not - is how the information was put out there. In that respect, they didn't advise that in order to receive the second paintable version of the car, you'd have to hold your original until the date they were issued. They didn't put out any information in that respect.

The only thing to do now is hold tight, and see what the official answer / feedback is at this point. We can speculate and go back and forth on this all day long, but we won't have a 100% iron clad answer until the powers that be chime in.

@[RR] Ryyst, Can you comment on this situation?
  • Options
    @Roush Sport I agree . It's just a waiting game now but I believe the cars should have went to accounts that claimed like ryyst stated on several Facebook comments . Guys made decisions based on these statements . The situation sucks and I hope it's rectified soon .
  • Options
    Thank you for you help. I understand all that. What I don't understand is why couldn't they just go back and check the records of which teams and players claimed and given 2nd car that way like they said they would when said every player who won turf will receive a 2nd. Like kevo said we made decisions based on what they told us. They should've said hold the turf until paintable is given
  • Options
    Kevo said:

lol i was talking about trade ... who i am to decide just wanted u guys to remind that trade thing will not be entertain by the rr team should be other point to argue

n about pink ... i think u r pinking 2 cars at a time bro ... thats what i see from this ..

i hope u guys get your car .... no offence lol ...

just think for the worst n hope for the best
  • Options
    Ryyst posted this one twitter and Facebook . We are aware of the issues with the paintable Ford Focus RS RE and are discussing several resolution options. More info soon. Seems like he's on top of it .
  • Options
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Lol just give everyone a paintable. Like they did with the jet. Lmfao...no one would b.itch then right??? (Sarcasm)
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited March 2017
    @aubassplayer . God almighty answered to your plea. Lol. They gave a car to everyone.. ... the flake color does not work as it should.I tried to apply the green one but got a lime greenish chrome effect instead. Same happens if u use other flake colors. Nice effect albeit car would be without definition... just one chunk of color.
  • Options
    @greenstaged Do you have enhanced graphics on or off? Try toggling that. Another thing, some cars look a certian way in the garage, and look different while on track. The color issues will be addressed down the road.
  • Options
    you guys should hav given a unique wrap car to t100 guys ... nw whats the point for running for rs re if everyone has a paintable one lol
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @shank rs re will never be agsin and should have never been a turf in the first place. Was miscommunication in this transfer period. Frankly it's always gonna be a crate car we turfed for. Now 2 seasons later we 3ill be trying to explain the difference in rs re to noobs. :p
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)