Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Overall Game Feedback

Bad_Guy66Bad_Guy66 Registered Users 4 Posts
Okay so I started playing this game from the start, long time ago. Now I've seen so many improvements made to the game which lets be honest some where great and some where bad. However there is still the problem of lobby jumpers, modders and hackers in the game. As a paying customer I don't find it very amusing when you update the game but don't fix the lobby jumping, modding and hacking. Also on the topic of feedback I have some genuine ideas like why not build a in game trading thing you can visit of you wish to trade your car or sell it, example like eBay only without PayPal and real money. Why not also put in the game a customizationable page where we can modify a car to how we want it to look ie exhausts, bumpers, mirrors etc and put in liecience plates. Another thing you could improve is the asking price for gems and cash and shipyard containers or make it easier with the blueprints. I'm not saying let us as players/contributers bend you over, what I'm saying is look at it from our point of view it's not good to pay for nice things to have them scammed by lobby jumpers for support crew to say "oh we can't do anything our system shows it was a fair race" cause in a way your basically saying yeah you played for gems, got a nice car, then lost it too a lobby jumper, but we're not gunna do anything because taking your money is good enough we don't mind bending you over. Cause trust me anyone who has had a car scammed, hacked etc knows how it feels. Listen to the players and make it better for them instead of sitting ideally back and not doing anything. It is a great game and very fun to play best I've ever played but don't mess it up for paying customers and keep it up with the updates your bringing some good updates out.

Thanks

P.s please sort lobby jumping, nodding, hacking and trade system out and customization options in the next updates

Comments

• Bad_Guy66Bad_Guy66 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Modding not nodding autocorrect kicked in
  • DerangedMenaceDerangedMenace Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Seems to me with your customization preferences, that you're expecting a mobile game to be on the same level as platform games.
    IGN's Alabama Menace
    256 M3NAC3
    Vouch Page
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://communities.glu.com/racing-rivals/discussion/5354646/derangedmenace-vouch-page-285#latest
  • Bad_Guy66Bad_Guy66 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Not the same as a platform game just a bit more customization of you know what I mean I don't want them to copy another game like for example take need for speed platform game and get the bumpers etc, some cars don't have the customization option like supercars, turf cars but you can see them with major body kits like liberty walk, rocket bunny etc I know it takes a lot of time and effort to big things. That's why after re-reading my last comment I know it never made sence much I just want the exterior side to have a more customization option. Not to the extent of a platform game but something unique to racing rivals
  • MrMainMrMain Registered Users 5 Posts
    Let's be able to sell blueprints to other players or trade them. That would be great!!!!
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Lobby jumping - that will be addressed in the future.

Modding and Hacking - it's a never ending battle. If a hack comes out today - they jump on it, and fix it (some hacks can be fixed right away, others require updates that need to be tested, vetted, etc). Even then - the moment one hack is fixed, another takes it's place. That's the nature of the industry, unfortunately.

Trading system - they've discussed this idea literally dozens of times, and even worked on building it only to realize that, within the scope of this game, it'll never "work" properly. So, as it stands now, it's not an option. It may come in the future, but don't get your hopes up.

Customization - this is all set by the contracts negotiated with the manufacturers. That's why some cars you can paint, add body kits to, etc. Other cars, you can't paint or customize at all beyond the wheels (Nissan Nismo GT3 for example). The manufacturers specify what can and can't be done with cars in the game. That's outside of Glu and Carbonated's control.

Gems / RRC / Shipyard - all will be addressed in time. Believe it or not, the economy in the game is a fragile thing, and any efforts made to adjust it need to be done slowly. A major change (like...changing the cost of a mill RRC via the ingame store from $100 to $1) would cause havoc.

Losing your car to a lobby jumper - the game tells you time and time again that you never know what's under your opponents hood. If you take the chance to pink, you take the chance of losing your car. Pure and simple. Now, to be fair - the learning curve of the game is quite steep, and yes - new players end up loosing out quite a bit because of it. However - that will also be addressed in the future - the learning curve will be lessened, and newer players won't have so much of a "jump into the deep end and swim without knowing what the hell water is" battle like they have now.

• SPOOLNUPSPOOLNUP Registered Users 1 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Nice update so far, no glitches that ive found yet, still testing. But the game is running much smoother in every aspect, controls, much quicker loading and general movement. Nice work. Been playing almost 5 solid years, & this by far has been the smoothest running update thus far, thanx carbonated, & the people that are actually workn hands on, on this update. Kudos Carbonated!!! Thanx:)
  • maddhaddermaddhadder Registered Users 9 Posts
    Here's a solution to jumpers. I am in a 1684 k1 and I want to jump into a 1650. Denied. If im a 1650 and I want to jump into max lobby ok np. Dont let people jump down with a higher rated car. Only jump up with a lower rated car. Lobby jumping solved and still able to trade THE WAY WE HAVE TO NOW. In game trade option is a must have. But glu carbonated G.C. doesnt want to do that. They will come up with every excuse why not to do it but it really boils down to 1 thing. You get hacked or scammed out of you rsr or k1 any pricy car, what do u do. You get another, maybe not right away but u trade for 1 that someone spent big $$$ on in crates. That's the only way cars are created. Crates or turf. As for the new pt system G.C. wants to thin out all the high end cars so the crates will sell more when they reappear. That's why they are offering like 6k for R2 crushes and etc. There are to many GOOD cars out there and people aren't buying them from crates. They are buying them from ebay fb etc. MONEY MONEY MONEY is all its about. Not providing a fun experience for a few dollars. I'm sik of spending big $$$ on a game. So G.C. will not get 1 more penny from me ever again PERIOD Once you realize they (G.C.) dont really care you will realize who the real scammers are and who just got scammed. Think about it.
  • maddhaddermaddhadder Registered Users 9 Posts
    And now I acct will prob be closed