Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Won't Connect to Game Center

MOTORHEAD71MOTORHEAD71 Registered Users 212 Posts
I just re-downloaded the game. When I choose to connect to Game Center it just sits there loading. I'm using a iPhone 6S, my ign is the same. I sent a "Help" ticket from MTRHED71. Any other help available??? Thanks
I don't want to change the World,
I just want to leave it colder

Comments

• MOTORHEAD71MOTORHEAD71 Registered Users 212 Posts
    edited April 2017
    I just re-downloaded the game. When I choose to connect to Game Center it just sits there loading.

I'm using a iPhone 6S
    my ign on Account I can't load is the same (MOTORHEAD71)
    I sent a "Help" ticket from MTRHED71 (current ign is MOTRHED71)

Any other help available??? Thanks
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Try this (as I've had the same issue, and oddly this resolved it) - delete the game off your device. Reboot the device. Once it's powered back up, reinstall the game (make sure you are connected to high speed internet, not cell signal). Launch it, and when prompted during the initial loading screens, tap the game center sign in option. That "should" work.

Post back and let me know how you make out.

@MOTORHEAD71
    @Roush Sport , I'll give it a shot. Thanks

Try this (as I've had the same issue, and oddly this resolved it) - delete the game off your device. Reboot the device. Once it's powered back up, reinstall the game (make sure you are connected to high speed internet, not cell signal). Launch it, and when prompted during the initial loading screens, tap the game center sign in option. That "should" work.

NOPE!! :/ I tried this twice and still won't connect. I even let it attempt to connect for about 30 min. So I guess next step is to start another account and submit another "Help Ticket" .............?

Are you the same Roush I'm friends with ing.? Thanks again for the help.

NOPE!! :/ I tried this twice and still won't connect. I even let it attempt to connect for about 30 min. So I guess next step is to start another account and submit another "Help Ticket" .............?

Are you the same Roush I'm friends with ing.? Thanks again for the help.

Honestly bud - I'm not sure if CS is the way to go, as this issue doesn't sound like the typical "lost access to my racer" situation. However, CS has upped their game as well, and is responding much faster to tickets (it used to be 2 weeks for a response...now I've seen them address some issues in as little as 2 days). Don't read too much into that though - I don't want you to see this, submit a ticket on Monday, and then on Wednesday be like "WTF Roush, you gave me false expectations, screw you and this game". I think you get my point.

As for the "Roush" in game....I "think" we are friends, as your name looks familar. My avatar picture in game and my IGN is the same as it is on here....so if that's who you are friends with in game....yep, that's me! Lol...ever since the summit happened - my friends list has been full...I've turned all notifications off, as it's constant "so and so is online".

So, if you submit the ticket - be patient, give them a few days....they WILL take care of you. Also, refrain from sending ticket after ticket...as any subsequent submission resets your place in queue, which means it'll take even longer to get a response.

I know this probably isn't the answer you wanted...and I'm sorry about that. If I could fix this for you, it would have been done already...but, sadly, I can't.

Good luck!
    No worries Bud. I'll create another ticket and wait to see what CS has to say. That's after I reinstall the game and try it again. This is part of the reason I took a few months away from the game. Thanks for the help again.
    Just tried again w/ same issue. I started another account but my Help Ticket reply/ message (the generic one) was still in the "Contact Us." That's a good sign I hope......? I figured with deleting the game again that that ticket would have been lost. I'll hold off a few days before submitting another; if I don't hear anything back from CS.

Just tried again w/ same issue. I started another account but my Help Ticket reply/ message (the generic one) was still in the "Contact Us." That's a good sign I hope......? I figured with deleting the game again that that ticket would have been lost. I'll hold off a few days before submitting another; if I don't hear anything back from CS.

Don't submit another...as it'll reset your place in queue. Just hold tight...they'll get to you. Might take a few days, if not longer - as I know they are quite busy with all of the "why was I banned" tickets that are pouring in.
    Well, I did get a response from CS. His only advice was to install and connect to FB. I don't have a FB, never wanted one, never had an interest in one. So that's the only solution............?

USELESS!
    When is the next update coming out???? I'll try a install and can hopefully connect then.
    @MOTORHEAD71 Are you able to sync other games with Gamecenter?

Yes Sir, this is the only game that won't connect. I even tried connecting to my wife's FB with the same issue.

Yes Sir, this is the only game that won't connect. I even tried connecting to my wife's FB with the same issue.

@MOTORHEAD71 That's so odd. I just went through my phone - in and out of every menu in settings to see if there is something in there that I could suggest you maybe either turn off, and or on, that might resolve the issue....and I don't see anything that would stop RR from connecting to either FB or Gamecenter.

You're on IOS 10.3.1 correct?
    Got it figured out!!! iso 10 no longer has GC as an app, just in the settings list. I signed out, signed back in and did a force restart on my phone. After reinstalling RR it connected!!! :)

I don't understand why other games could connect and not RR.........? But all is good now! Thanks for all your help.