Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

New bronze crates

greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
edited May 2017 in Talk About Racing Rivals
Is it just me or is there something wrong with them. I opened 45 crates over three accounts which I managed to save from showdown. All I got was 8 firebirds plus 1bp and 4 bp Renault turbo. Tried to reset game and even changed devices but still the game continued to give me fb prints. No Bronze cars no goodies no other bps.

Is there any difference in what you get whether you open free crates you get from showdown or if you buy them ?

Comments

• dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Aliens bro

Supposed to be random but we all know it isn't. Older the account less chance you get.

I've always to the day had better drops on very low level account, then my racing ones.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    Yeah its a total joke bud. Ive opened 83 crates total, 42 on 1 account 41 on another.
    0 accessories.. all Firebird blueprints, managed to finish only 1 of the Renaults. 0 of any other car's blueprints...
    ROFL!!
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    I didn't get any FB prints.. falcon and Renault. I think there were no accessories given because I didn't see any in the crates beside a cpl wheels. No paints. Atleast not when I opened the 23 I had
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    Last time I had a few people that spent well over $100 each and didn't get any of the bronze vehicles they had been aiming for. Normally when there is an adjustment to the crates it happens next day and you can see a change in them in less then 24 hours. I would expect an update from carbonated to address these issues soon.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Dunno. I think that the drop rate and what bp drops is sort of rigged. I opened crates I got for free from showdown and turf and got only firebirds and 4 Renault bp.

Watch this pigpen vid. It's what I've been thinking all along.

https://youtu.be/yvGUvbtwBeA
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    I've thought that about the tokens for a while. Same with the performance crates
  • pablorockspablorocks Registered Users 57 Posts
    same thing happened to me

Is it just me or is there something wrong with them. I opened 45 crates over three accounts which I managed to save from showdown. All I got was 8 firebirds plus 1bp and 4 bp Renault turbo. Tried to reset game and even changed devices but still the game continued to give me fb prints. No Bronze cars no goodies no other bps.

Is there any difference in what you get whether you open free crates you get from showdown or if you buy them ?

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

same thing happened to me

No, there is no difference.
    @Roush Sport I was under that impression but experience proved otherwise. Did you watch pigpens video in my other post ? I was getting only fb bp same as pigpen. I didn't buy any though.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    They were / are looking into the drop rate of the bronze crates.....haven't heard if they've been tweaked or not yet.
    @Roush Sport I can confirm that there is something wrong with them. I the meantime I opened 20 more crates. 10 from each of two accounts. Guess what ??? ...all firebirds !!!
    Decided to buy one batch of crates via gems ...and guess what again ??.. I got a falcon. 2 wire rims 2 bp of Renault and a hurican bp and a further 2 Pontiac bp. After I bought I continued to open my saved crates...I managed to get another falcon. It's like you need to buy before the drop rate is fixed.
    edited May 2017
    @Roush Sport any idea if the issue was fixed or if there are confirmations that there are indeed issues?
  • venom061venom061 Registered Users 97 Posts
    In the bronze crate when they brought the Pontiac Trans Am as a C class car it should have been either an A class or an S class . plus they could have given the option to choose 3 different kinds of hoods from the original hood to the snorkle hood or a carbon fiber hood
    @Roush Sport issue still the same unless its meant to be that way. In order to get random drops you'll need to buy gems. If you use the ones you managed to save from showdown or turf you'll get only firebird bp and the one off Renault turbo.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @greenstaged I haven't bought gems and out of 28 bronze crates I've only gotten 3 FB prints. Alot of falcon v8's for me.. and rims
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    edited May 2017
    @aubassplayer . could be that issue was fixed ?#.The issue is when you've got saved crates deriving from Either showdown or turf. At least it's what's happening to me. When you open these you only get fb bp with a one off Renault turbo. @Roush Sport asked dev team to check drop rate since there shouldn't be a difference between bought crates and saved crates. This has not been fixed as of yet. What I noticed is that if one buys bronze crates the drop rate is fine (you confirmed) however if you open these saved crates you will get only firebird bps.

I opened some 44 saved bronze crates and got only firebird. 8 x firebirds and 4 bp for the Renault.

I tried to do the same with another account but didn't open every bronze crate I have. I opened the first 10 and again got ONLY firebirds. Decided to buy a batch of 10 crates and managed to get a falcon a couple of rims a stupid darth and a huracan bp and a fb bp. After which I continued to open some of the saved crates. The saved crates were now giving me a good drop rate for everything. I managed to get another falcon a Renault and some other goodies.

Im taking it that this is being done on purpose so that one ends up buying crates as well. I attached a YouTube vid by pigpen in this post. If you watch it you'll understand better.