Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

150k tournaments Gone? Is this a joke?

JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
After seeing several posts on Facebook about no 150k tournaments, I open the game and infact see them gone as an option along with all 30 or so of my free tokens for them. Please Carbonated tell me this is a joke? If not I will be done with this game and can see alot of others also.

Comments

• alysia28alysia28 Registered Users 51 Posts
    I also had free tokens. They are getting greedy is what I believe. No racer club or 3x bonus in forever either.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited May 2017
    @JohnKIV. 150k was for second place. First place gave 350k. This is besides the point though. My tokens gone as well. Had over 60. Best you can get is 26k via tier3 races.

First they changed the perf crates value for glow wheels from 60k to a pity 500. Now they removed 350k tournaments. Any one from admins care to explain ?.. @Roush Sport any idea why and what's happennin ??

By doing so they are indirectly promoting to go and get them rrc from the black market...unless of course these actions have a repercussion on the black market.

My opinion remains though...rrc are way too expensive from the game.
  • xxstuntinxxxxstuntinxx Registered Users 10 Posts
    How this game expects us to make rrc? O yea with our real money smh.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

How this game expects us to make rrc? O yea with our real money smh.

Betting, racing, and winning said race is always an option.
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > How this game expects us to make rrc? O yea with our real money smh.
    >
    > Betting, racing, and winning said race is always an option.

The rich will get richer , the poor will get poorer and will eventually quit the game unless they open their wallet and get rrc from Either the bm or else from in game. By trimming the easily available cash options, Black market prices for rrc will eventually go up ... it's unavoidable. Thus either / or those newbies who want to strive in the game they need to buy cash. It's unavoidablev as well. I recall when I started the game that having some 50k was awesome... Lol.. Now figure it.. To max a d class car you need 100k. Again..a new comer to strive in the game will need patience but that alone is not enough. It's easy to get free cars via perf crates but there again...it's not enough. You need cash to upgrade.
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    No Fuck1ng way i'm paying £99.99 for 1m. This is just BS. I spend a lot on this game for gems and the occasional few mills. If Carbonate want to make money from mills then sell them at a sensible price. I would suggest $1 per mill max.

Personally I spent a lot less with the game since prices went up. I just don't like feeling like I'm getting robbed
  • ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    @RogerTheTodger 1$ for a mil will never work from carbonated. That would put every mil seller out of business here (causing them to quit) they arent gonna drop the price. If you look harder you can always find cheaper mils. Your an idiot if you spent 99$ on 1 mil. Seriously.
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Exactly. No one in their right mind would pay 99 bucks so why dont Carbonate cash in on the market rate, or slightly above black market rate? It's money they're missing out on and would also wipe out the incentive for hackers in tournament
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Exactly. No one in their right mind would pay 99 bucks so why dont Carbonate cash in on the market rate, or slightly above black market rate? It's money they're missing out on and would also wipe out the incentive for hackers in tournament

Adjusting those prices was discussed at the Summit (and I believe was also discussed by the previous Councils)...from what I understand, it's on the to do list. They have to stop the bleeding first (which they are doing as I type this), and then methodically address the RRC / economy situation. It's not a one size fits all simple flick of a switch fix.
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > Exactly. No one in their right mind would pay 99 bucks so why dont Carbonate cash in on the market rate, or slightly above black market rate? It's money they're missing out on and would also wipe out the incentive for hackers in tournament
    >
    > Adjusting those prices was discussed at the Summit (and I believe was also discussed by the previous Councils)...from what I understand, it's on the to do list. They have to stop the bleeding first (which they are doing as I type this), and then methodically address the RRC / economy situation. It's not a one size fits all simple flick of a switch fix.

@Roush Sport

I am taking that CARBONATED will tighten more the belt if you know what I mean. This 'bleeding' will be controlled or rather limited to as much as possible. Such actions will ultimately kick off a ripple effect ie repercussions which will effect the price for rrc in the bm. As many here stated you need to be out of your mind to buy rrc from the game.... Glu might try as long as they want but there is a limit to how much they can control or affect the prices of rrc in the bm since these will always be better than the in game price for same. So unless carbonated or glu decide to slash the price for rrc drastically such measures are useless. When I say drastically I mean bm competitive.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Adjusting those prices was discussed at the Summit (and I believe was also discussed by the previous Councils)...from what I understand, it's on the to do list. They have to stop the bleeding first (which they are doing as I type this), and then methodically address the RRC / economy situation. It's not a one size fits all simple flick of a switch fix.
    This.

The Black Market operates independently from the game. Within the game and the game economy, simply lowering prices would be bad... or at least would have other negative effects within the game economy. For example, if we decreased the official cost of RRC, we would have to re-evaluate the value and costs of everything else. Paint, kits, wheels, tires, cars... anything that has RRC attached to it would need to also change.

Then we have the problem of what is the market value of RRC? Who controls that. If we charge less, but still more than black market sellers, will that really deter black market buyers? If we sell 1 mill for $5, but the market is still at say.. a buck, will that really stop people from buying cheaper.

Also remember, we pretty much have to stick with the industry standard price points. $1.99, $4.99, $9.99 and so on.

Changing something in game is precarious. We need to make sure how any change affects the game... even if something is seemingly unrelated, a change can change one thing, which can change another, and another and so on.

Not to say we won't change the amount of currency we sell for each price point, just pointing out that it's not that simple. It will have to be planned out carefully.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    I remember pink slips in tournament, that was really fun until cloning happened.
    Never seen it again, now this happens. I don't see 150k tournament coming back any time soon.

IGN : 1320killer
    "Changing something in game is precarious. We need to make sure how any change affects the game"

I've not seen much evidence of that for the past major updates.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    not gonna lie, this game is seriously just fukked up to epic proportions. It just sucks carbonated has to set back other things to fix things like this. Like imagine where RR would possibly be right now if 6.0 never happened. It's just ridiculous