Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

RR Needs to Make Money

RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
I understand this is a commercial thing. Wages and servers need paying for. Someone hopefully wants some Benjamins left at the end to stick in their pocket.

How about instead of fuckkking everything up RR just started selling mills for 50c to $1 per mill instead of the frankly stupid price you charge at the moment. You'd get an extra $15 bucks per month from me. Ish.

I used to spend more on gems before the prices went up too. It just feels like poor value for money with the prices as they are

Comments

• Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    TBH, selling mills or gems for less wont help. All you achieve by this is reducing the value of gems/mils. Therefore a car that use to cost 1mil will now be sold for 5 or 10mil. It will destroy the monopoly

• RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Not really. It would be the same as it is now except the game would get paid for the mils instead of the farmers
  • nejaukslvnejaukslv Registered Users 13 Posts
    Price in game for rrc isn't reasonable. I wrote it in another topic- 1m for me costs around 100 euro. So I can buy stock bmw m3gt2 (as example). So who want to put on line around 200 euro(if you upgrade those pixels)? Stupid, isn't? If they will make reasonable price for rrc, improve sd rewards, it will be good
  • Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    Just remember what I said...been around for dam long. Only speaking from experience
  • nejaukslvnejaukslv Registered Users 13 Posts
    I hear you. I playing only around 3 years
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Same. Been playing RR a long time
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited July 2017
    They say they won't lower the cost off rrc because it would be an influx of billions into the game. The guys we buy mills off of have billions upon billions, isn't that an influx? If you bring showdown prizes back to what they were, drop the price of mills to 60 cents per, you would see a huge boost in profits. It may not be for gems but mills sales would go through the roof. It would rejuvenate this game and make it possible for new players to build garages quicker and be more competitive. That alone would generate gems sales as well, because more players would have access to rrc and would need gems for boosts, crates, etc... to keep that competitive edge. As it stands now, an R class car from the showroom costs 200 real dollars to buy and max out. That's insane and pushes new players out almost immediately. Now a showroom R class car costing around $1.20 is far more reasonable and new players probably wouldn't have a hard time spending that. It really is a no brainer here and a very easy way to generate tons of revenue, I'm dumbfounded on how this hasn't happened yet. Who's making these horrible decisions?
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Buying mills from the game would be so much easier than finding a mills dealer, hooking up with him when he's online, paying him and then passing mills from one account to the other. It's a headache that's easily solved and would translate into huge profits. Why would I go through all that BS when I can just buy mills from the game and be done with it?
    Just an idea, but has anyone in RR thought about subscription packages? X Gems, XX mills, $10 to $20 per month. Possibly diffenerent levels of subs and some loyalty bonus etc.

Personally, I don't have cable TV cos I don't use it, but I'm not averse to paying for entertainment, which is why I spend money on the game.

Just a thought. I genuinely want RR to succeed but I'm not a happy camper with how it's going right now, and I know good people are putting their heart and soul into it, and it's not nice for them to hear those efforts being knocked - I know from my own line of work, which also taught me to listen sometimes too. I will try to be constructive.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    They economy in the game is being addressed - slow, but sure. The adjustment of RRC / Gem prices from the in-game store will be one of the last things to happen. There are many other cogs and wheels in the machine that is RR that need to be addressed first (some of those things you are / have already seen).