Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Clarifications required.

greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
edited August 2017 in Talk About Racing Rivals
Can someone from the top let us know about the new rrc in game prices ??? It is obvious that the BM will close shop. Mills won't be available any more at 0.60c. There are many here who invested quite a lot in the game and an indication of what's coming is the least you can do. Now that all sources of free available rrc have been closed I wonder what the new rrc price for a mill will be. I believe all of the community deserves an answer asap. @[rr] prodigal grim @[rr] Trafalgar

Comments

• SM4CKSM4CK Registered Users 62 Posts
    Player costs will rise in order to cover new rr investment costs. Call it capitalism, call it business, call it economics, it's inevitable.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited August 2017
    @SM4CK
    What new investment costs ?..

What is also inevitable is that many will quit. I understand glu's instance in this and motif behind. That said reality is that if prices for current rrc prices won't be drastically and heavily chopped many would quit. Its also inevitable. I don't have database figures and cannot say how many full paying users play the game. Many play it for free and were getting rrc via in game sources.

The thing is that unless serious studies have been conducted prior coming out with current structures the game is risking to be shunned by many due to the expensive costs to play / upgrade cars. rrc are unlike gems. Gems are a commodity not a necessity. Rrc is the core of the game.
    I am assuming carbonated payed to purchase or inherit our "broken" game. Marketing, and obviously, the operational cost of paying employees to "fix" what is said to be "broken." Good job on the launch button
    I'm sure here is a hefty cost to tear down the old RR and rebuild a shiny new one. Justification: sacrifice current player base in order to generate a larger more profitable one. Out with the old, in with the new..
    edited August 2017
    > @SM4CK said:
    > I'm sure here is a hefty cost to tear down the old RR and rebuild a shiny new one. Justification: sacrifice current player base in order to generate a larger more profitable one. Out with the old, in with the new..

@SM4CK

You said it all.
    Fully agree with this. I thought of it as well though I didn't voice it. It's a take it or leave it scenario. New players will join. Old players will leave.
    > @SM4CK said:
    > I am assuming carbonated payed to purchase or inherit our "broken" game. Marketing, and obviously, the operational cost of paying employees to "fix" what is said to be "broken." Good job on the launch button

No. Glu paid Carbonated to fix the game. Its making sense now. The project started when carbonated took the job. Glu still own the game. The summit was a rouse. They engaged us - racers - those who know the game on their top toes...they know the loop holes of the game...what's good and what's bad...what needs fixing and what not...
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

> @SM4CK said:

> I am assuming carbonated payed to purchase or inherit our "broken" game. Marketing, and obviously, the operational cost of paying employees to "fix" what is said to be "broken." Good job on the launch button

No. Glu paid Carbonated to fix the game. Its making sense now. The project started when carbonated took the job. Glu still own the game. The summit was a rouse. They engaged us - racers - those who know the game on their top toes...they know the loop holes of the game...what's good and what's bad...what needs fixing and what not...

I'm sorry you feel that way - that the summit was a rouse, or a smoke and mirrors scheme.
    @Roush Sport that's what many beleive. I believe that changes meant to be made but as things will turn out to be it would have serious impact on the overall game. I'm predicting that as a repercussion Many will quit. Rrc is the core of the game...even if you grind it out as you mentioned the rrc prize will never be enough to compete. You'll end up opening the wallet for rrc in game whether you like it or not. We're are at glu's mercy in respect of rrc prices. Only time will tell though.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Personally, I think people will adapt. There was a time a few short years ago where RRC wasn't plentiful....and people got by.
    @greenstaged: I hear you loud and clear my friend.
    At any rate, there is going to be a hefty cost to "fix" RR and I am sure Glu will not pay for it entirely on their own, and I am not saying they should. That's where you and I and the new player base come in. Get out your wallet. That's fine, in game purchases are a great idea. However, tailoring the game for profit and "fixing" "broken" parts of the game are entirely different. What was so broken in the first place?? The launch button?? Loool. The only significant problem I have ever encountered was illegitimate gameplay. They've made it clear there is no way to battle that effectively. So what is in great need of fixing?? Is it the actual game or the financial situation?? I don't expect real answers as I'm sure those who have them are bound by confidentiality. But I'll ask you to think for yourselves and think about what really makes sense? What is going to come of our beloved game...
    > @SM4CK said:
    > @greenstaged: I hear you loud and clear my friend.
    > At any rate, there is going to be a hefty cost to "fix" RR and I am sure Glu will not pay for it entirely on their own, and I am not saying they should. That's where you and I and the new player base come in. Get out your wallet. That's fine, in game purchases are a great idea. However, tailoring the game for profit and "fixing" "broken" parts of the game are entirely different. What was so broken in the first place?? The launch button?? Loool. The only significant problem I have ever encountered was illegitimate gameplay. They've made it clear there is no way to battle that effectively. So what is in great need of fixing?? Is it the actual game or the financial situation?? I don't expect real answers as I'm sure those who have them are bound by confidentiality. But I'll ask you to think for yourselves and think about what really makes sense? What is going to come of our beloved game...

@SM4CK

^^^ Someone who speaks sense ! ^^^

I agree 100%...it's always about money $$$
    Perhaps there is even a cost for that^
    Currently unable to load game..
    edited August 2017
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > Personally, I think people will adapt. There was a time a few short years ago where RRC wasn't plentiful....and people got by.

@Roush Sport Agreed...people will adapt. People always do.

I don't want to be sarcastic...really...but ...

They will adapt that due to the shortage of rrc (unless they open their wallet) they cannot tune /upgrade/max cars for all of the three Turf events.

They will also adapt not to wage high rrc bets ( unless they open their wallet).

They will also adapt not to pink so as not to risk losing their expensive car. Its already getting rare to pink someone.

They will also adapt to buy rrc from the game. mmmm can they ?! ... Unless It's expensive they will.

Guess what ? If they don't adapt to open their wallet the game can close shop.

We are not speaking on gems here...I said it already and will say it again...gems are a commodity not a necessity..rrc is a must. Without it there is only so much you can do...just racing for points and nothing else...

It all revolves around $$$... whatever they say.. True..the game is improving...but let's state the truth...they need to improve it so as not to lose customers...on the other hand they need us to open the wallet...and how things are progressing we need to do that more than before...

To date the game survived by selling gems only...new plan is to sell rrc as well..

I'm wondering why and how glu are not stopping fyber giving $$$$ equivalent of gems on the x3 payouts... I'm predicting that even this will stop in the coming future.

I'm also wondering if the free performance crates given on a daily will stop.. If not I'm predicting that cars gotten from these will be non pinkable...

The way things are being conducted I don't exclude any of the above....