Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Tournaments need a work over.

JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
edited August 2017 in Talk About Racing Rivals
Tournaments need a change now with tokens removed on the 150k tournament I find my self no longer doing them. They use to be fun to do and would happily do my 5 tournaments needed for daily goals. But after the 150k tokens got removed I find myself sitting in the 10k tournaments and never have it filled up. I sat in 1650 10k tournament last night for an 1hr and never had more than one other player join. How am I suppose to get my 5 tournament races in if I cant even get one to fill up after waiting an hour? So some changes I would like to see made.

1. Add in bots. It is frustrating and no fun having to wait 5+mins or more for a lobby to fill up with live players. Bots need to be added. After 60-120 seconds they should have a bot join in. So if no one joins the lobby will eventually fill up with bots. Depending on the level of the tournament would depend on the time the bots run. The code here for the bots should not be hard as it is something already done with the F&F bots.

2. Add tokens back in for 150K tournament. Now I do not think these should be given out for free like they where before but have them added into prizes for turf and showdown. That way players have to earn the tokens.

3. Change the values on the Tournaments. The 500 and 1000 tournaments are worthless even for new players to sit and wait in for 30mins or more for it to fill up and then to win a measly 1,300 or 2,600 is not worth the hassel for the wait. So I propose a change from Tier 1/$500, Tier 2/$1k, Tier 3/10k, Tier 4/$150k to Tier 1/$5,000, Tier 2/$50k, Tier 3/$150k, Tier 4/$300k. Increasing the value on the bottom two Tournaments along with the free tokens given for them will increase the number of Live players in them and make it fun to do them again.

Edit: 3A. Going off of the one above with change of tiers value maybe also drop a tier so there is only three that way there will be less tiers and lobbies so it would consolidate players. Proposed idea Tier 1 would be $5,000 with Tier 2 being $50,000 and then Tier 3 would be $150,000. With only free tokens given for the first two and then Tier 3 tokens being prizes.

I find the tournaments to be one of the most enjoyable parts of them game but the current system of little value in them (all but 150k are worthless to do) and the fact that you have to wait for ever for them to fill up with other players destroys that fun.

Feedback or other ideas welcome.

Comments

• Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited August 2017
    I use the $500 tournament just to complete daily challenges. Running a 50 rated car seems to be the trick, as I never have to wait more than 5 minutes.

These suggestions / ideas are solid. Moving this to the appropriate section.

@[RR] Prodigal Grim - Some ideas for you.
  • Options
    @Roush Sport thanks for the 500 tournament tip. As of writing this I just sat for 55min in the 1663 10k tournament for 55min before it filled up.
  • Options
    JohnKIV said:

@Roush Sport thanks for the 500 tournament tip. As of writing this I just sat for 55min in the 1663 10k tournament for 55min before it filled up.

Ouch! Well hey, add me in game (IGN Roush Sport). Anytime you need a spot filled in a tournament, let me know.
  • Options
    @Roush Sport I posted in the General section for more traffic and kind of more open discussion for more ideas and not in the Feedback section because there is low traffic there. But if you feel it is best suited in the feedback section that is up to you boss.
  • Options
    > @JohnKIV said:
    > @Roush Sport I posted in the General section for more traffic and kind of more open discussion for more ideas and not in the Feedback section because there is low traffic there. But if you feel it is best suited in the feedback section that is up to you boss.

Very valid point, and I didn't consider that when moving the thread. I'll move it back. Sorry about that!
  • Options
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > > @JohnKIV said:
    > > @Roush Sport I posted in the General section for more traffic and kind of more open discussion for more ideas and not in the Feedback section because there is low traffic there. But if you feel it is best suited in the feedback section that is up to you boss.
    >
    > Very valid point, and I didn't consider that when moving the thread. I'll move it back. Sorry about that!

Thank you Sir.
  • Options
    SM4CKSM4CK Registered Users 62 Posts
    Great topic. I like 50 and 56 lobbies for daily tourney, as they USUALLY fill up reasonably quick.
    I can sort of justify the low entry for broke asses and new players, but bringing back 150k would be more exciting. Also like the idea of winning free entries instead of giving them. Get a little more action back in the tourney so maybe then the wait times will be reduced for your higher lobbies.
  • Options
    1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    Take all tournaments out it's fking useless, with showdown n turf anyone have time for the tour is it worth it,no
    I remember the good days of pinks tournaments and 1.5m payout. Now it's useless.

IGN : 1320killer