Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.
However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.
On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.
In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
6.4.2 is rolling out across the Apple and Google Play store. Here's what you can expect:NOS related
- We tweaked the NOS button to make it harder to miss. We made the button larger, increased the touch area, and nudged it down a bit!
- Pressing the NOS button 1-2 frames before GO caused NOS not to engage. Now, NOS can be activated any time you can press “Launch". Don’t press it too early! NOS at your own risk.
- Tired of getting notified your engine is damaged? It will only pop-up when your car has 50% or more engine damage.
- If you were having trouble launching because you couldn’t see the glow on the launch button under your hovering thumb, we have news for you! We made the inside of the tach glow like the Launch button.
BUG FIXES & FUNCTIONALITY
- Team leaderboards now sort like they use to. Players will be ordered from highest points to the slow person at the bottom.
- Team members have the online status light back.
- Fixed a bug where game hints blocked the UI.
- Getting a 0.000 RT will no longer cause a DQ in tournaments.
- Changed some information handling to get rid of the -11/-6 errors.
- Some cars lost their environmental reflections part of the way down the track… Now, they stay reflective.
- Fixed an issue where if both players lost, the results screen made it look like they lost their car. Results will now be DNF or 0.000 for both players and will not show the car being lost.
- Fixed the sneaky lobby jumper exploit. If someone tries to race you with a car that’s rated too high, the game will let you know exactly what they did.
- Adjusted the tutorial to provide more information to new users.
- Brought back the countdown timer in the “Race Results” screen.