Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.
However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.
On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.
In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
- Removed the old chat system. Let’s face it, it wasn’t good for chatting.
- A “working” in-game chat function is a must, so we built an entirely new one with useful features.
- Friend requests are queued and aren’t added to your friends list until you accept them.
- You can add and remove friends without viewing their garage.
- Send teammates friend requests directly from the team page.
- You can message players that are offline, and they’ll get the message when they log in.
- Chat history is saved between your team and friends. Each conversation will keep the last 50 messages.
- Whenever you get a new friend request or message, you’ll get an indicator that something new has been added to one of your conversations.
- Tweaked matte and satin paints to look better on the track. Even matte black looks awesome during a race.
- Adjusted headlight and underglow colors to match. For example, orange underglow and orange headlights are actually orange now. New colors soon to make their way to Rivals!
- Lobby’s rating now shows in the lobby.
- Daily requests challenges and rewards change based on player level. Play more, get better rewards!
BUG FIXES & FUNCTIONALITY
- Lights no longer shine through the car.
- Chat will not function between 6.5 and 6.4.
- Players on 6.5 will not be able to add friends that are still on 6.4.