Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Are you KIDDING devs?!

2Next

Comments

• SMOKNSSSMOKNSS Registered Users 24 Posts
    I can see not being able to pick what lobbies you are in but why not set it to where it will cycle you? You did develop the game correct? It just seems illogical to not let us or you pick which lobbies we are in but have a come and get it while it lasts style contest. Why not just say "we are only going to give the cars to a certain percentage of you and you will have to be the lucky few."
  • TheLongshanksTheLongshanks Registered Users 15 Posts
    I understand that you can't pick lobbies, but neither can we. One of the guys at work i play with was in a room with 2+ devs in it constantly. I can only get to 315 and 706, and noone in either of these rooms has seen a dev through the entire event. We can't pick lobbies either.
    Is there a way you can friends the ones on the forums asking for a run? I sent you a friend request ryyst. If I see you I will try to join you but it won't let you join turf rooms. If any other devs see this let me know what us unlucky guys can do to try to get a car.
  • red fuelred fuel Registered Users 155 Posts
    Was in 1655 lobby's for 4 hours with 2 different devices and no one in lobby's seen a dev racing. Total bs guys.
  • 1320 Champ1320 Champ Registered Users 224 Posts
    I feel completely cheated having spent time and gems to tune my car to 1668 and never saw an XB the entire duration of the event. If they were only going to have 1656 cars for the Devs, they should have told us that. Next time an event like this comes around, if there isn't more details, I won't even bother.
  • NUGGET05NUGGET05 Registered Users 125 Posts
    Smh!!! Why don't you guys just go into regular tracks like last time! Make it a lot easier for us! Cuz I just bought a frs spec for no reason! I haven't even seen one in any track!
    I can see their point but if you know you (the dev) can't cycle through every 51 lobby then why not list up the names and let us chase you? I just don't see how this wasn't thought out all the way. If we can't choose our lobby and you can't either then how would it ever be 100% fair across the board for everyone to have a shot at one?
  • kylerigginskyleriggins Registered Users 254 Posts
    Huge waste of time and money for me from a bunch of liars, should have known better coming from THIS group of devs, thanks guys
  • BigRevoBigRevo Registered Users 80 Posts
    As others have said waist of time and not thought out and I understand they are stock but that information would have been useful before the event cause I was left with an hour to max out an frs in a attempt to get a dragster finally get in the right lobby rating and everyone in that lobby hasn't even seen a dragster come threw it ..... thanks ! I love waiting money and gems on crap cars
  • Lethal240SX93Lethal240SX93 Registered Users 141 Posts
    Pretty well said SMOKNSS. They could also make it so we can cycle through every 51 lobby, not just 2 or 3, so we all have a chance of coming across one. I'm not upset I didn't get the car, I'm upset I didn't have a CHANCE to get the car.
  • OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    Someone said they (the devs) were lvl 2-4 so if they pair lobbies by experience as I have read then ppl using old accounts ( I'm lvl 250) then never had a chance to see one.
    The two guys on my team that got xb dragsters have almost 300k street cred and are 14 levels higher than me.
  • kylerigginskyleriggins Registered Users 254 Posts
    Couldn't have said it better bigrevo.... It's all just a SCAM and a dam LIE so that we would all spend money to get in tip too shape and get ready for turf.... Turf comes and low and behold devs lied, half added it, and gave barely ANYTHING back to the community
    I'm with lethal. If I lost my car so be it. It aggravates me that I didn't even get a chance to get one because of the system that they made. If you know how the game sorts people then you should atomically know that you need to cycle through ALL of the lobbies. Idk how many lobbies they have but they could have had 2 people in each lobby for the 4 hours and had a lot of happy players. It would have been nice to have been given something for being on a team, participating in turf every week and giving them some of my money.
  • 509 performance509 performance Registered Users 294 Posts
    Pretty disappointing
  • Rob96Rob96 Registered Users 1,070 Posts
    Fun event shame RR drift let time run out on me though. I saw about 10 people win in my lobby alltogether so I'm happy for them. I did waste lots of money/gems sorting my cars but oh well I get the turf Scion, all round fun little event.
  • TheLongshanksTheLongshanks Registered Users 15 Posts
    I'm waiting to see if we get an RR response on why some lobbies never saw a single car, and others had multiple devs in them for the full event. I don't care that I didn't get it. I just wanted a shot at it. My frs isnt' that fast, I was fully on board to lose it. But I never even had the chance to lose it. Me and two others sat in the break room after work, waiting and watching the 315/706 rooms, and never saw a single one.
  • [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    Over 2 hours of patiently waiting in many rooms (including 1656) have yet to even catch a glimpse one a single dev..... This so sooo old.... The ammount of excitement they stir up just to let us down......

That's not possible. I was personally in that room for at least 2 hours. I switched rooms a couple of times after, but played until the actual Event was over.. Sorry you missed us.
    [QUOTE=[RR] PhoenixX;n1000646] That's not possible. I was personally in that room for at least 2 hours. I switched rooms a couple of times after, but played until the actual Event was over.. Sorry you missed us.[/QUOTE] That may be true. What lobby were you in? The guys that I know that got a car were in the 276 lobby, iirc. Me and another coworker were in the 315 and 706 lobbies the entire duration of the last stage and never seen a single dev.
  • BORIL BGBORIL BG Registered Users 827 Posts
    That was a joke with us !!!! I was playin non stop from 11 to 4 in 1656 room and didnt even seen one dev !!! There is players that won more than 10 xb's ..... Shame on you devs !!!
  • Madmaxx 556Madmaxx 556 Registered Users 209 Posts
    Sure would have been nice to know this was gonna be limited to 1656 and only a few rooms! Raced in scions from 1629-1667 for 3 hours and never saw a single one.
    What a great way to keep customers around another year. Way too much hype for such a let down.
  • dutchmaster1984dutchmaster1984 Registered Users 951 Posts
    Lol I say they gave em to they homies finish cornering the market for another year
  • ShytaanShytaan Registered Users 10 Posts
    This was the biggest joke EVER for me I was in the same room as Smoknss, hexxum001 etc and never seen a single dev in the lobbies. What you guys fail to understand is A LOT of loyal players stayed up till the early parts of the morning (GMT+2) just to get a shot at racing the dev. Yeah sure you didnt ask for us to stay up that late etc but the way this event was marketed lead us ALL to believe we could race a Dev and have a shot of winning their car.

Now its all well and good we were robbed of our shot so the least you can do is give us an honest and factual explanation as to how and why this happened.

Please don't come with the BS story of you cant choose the lobby/server as it is YOUR lobby/server by design and you have full control over it.....
  • Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    As a glu stock holder, I want to personally thank each and every one of you who bought cars and gems specifically for this event.
  • xx THUNDERSTRUCK xxxx THUNDERSTRUCK xx Registered Users 189 Posts
    There are several ppl with more than one in their garage. I sww in/out all day and my friend with my car sat in 50-56 lobby from 3-8 est and never saw one. We are sitting side by side but on different servers
  • Dr beerDr beer Registered Users 9 Posts
    As a player who spends many hours a week on game and spending a good chunk of change each week on turf wars, I will say that I am thoroughly dissapointed in how this event took place. I too was in the 706/315 lobbies and saw nothing all day. I waited for 4 hours without a glimpse of a Dev. Too day I'm upset would be an understatement, because we were promised a chance to race for a car and we didn't. I even messaged Lutzburg and asked him to come to our lobby or to find someone that could (I understand that they cannot choose what lobby they are out into). I had teammates asking the devs in their rooms to come to ours but the requests any unanswered until the conclusion of the event when a dev replied, "sorry, we can't give out the cars after the event is over."

so at the end of the day, I would all that somebody from RR responds to this because they have a bunch of big spenders very upset with them who want some sort of answer.

-Chris
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    I sat in the 56 lobby with Apexology, Mr Maple Syrup, xxxskillfullxxx,and many others that are NOT on my team, keeping an eye out, we even took turns changing 56 lobbies..... not one DEV showed up. Amazingly 4 of my team mates recieved a XB during that SAME time in some OTHER 56 lobby........ Guess only the well known big spenders get a shot so they can sell them for outrageous amounts of money, like they say the rich get richer
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

Cadzow23 wrote: »
    I sat in the 56 lobby with Apexology, Mr Maple Syrup, xxxskillfullxxx,and many others that are NOT on my team, keeping an eye out, we even took turns changing 56 lobbies..... not one DEV showed up. Amazingly 4 of my team mates recieved a XB during that SAME time in some OTHER 56 lobby........ Guess only the well known big spenders get a shot so they can sell them for outrageous amounts of money, like they say the rich get richer
    Now that I think about it. That might be pretty accurate the guys that I know that we're in that room spend a pretty decent amount of money on gems every week.
  • trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    Here is what ryyst said about this in another thread. So you know how you guys get into rooms? That's the same way we were placed in rooms. We didn't have any special, "Lets me go to this room now..." ability. We choose the car we want to use out of our garage, we hit next, select Turf Wars and hit "Race". The game places us based on the same algorithm that places you guys into rooms. We were out there, I wasn't in rooms with other devs, I gave out about 75 cars myself, and I was in game 4 of the 5 hours. I believe we planned on "giving out" 500 - 600 cars, I think we ended up giving out 800+. These cars were never meant to be just "handed out". The event was to race the devs... with a chance to win the car, it was never, we will just give cars away. These cars are meant to be very very rare. I apologize if I gave the expectation that everyone would get the car and that everyone would e able to race a dev. Just to put things in perspective, we had about 30 or so of us that participated and we have 1000s of players playing during that time. There was no way for everyone playing to get to race a dev or win a car. I will do better to set expectations for future events and will take into account how best to place ourselves in-game for future events.