Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

24 Hour Turf Wars Competition Tipsl

oMany of you are players seem disappointed that you were unable to find a 'DEV' and have your chance to win a Scion xB Matte Black Dragster. Even I was a bit frustrated as it was my very first participation for a 24 Hour Turf Wars against the beloved DEVs whom created Racing Rivals. Fortunately for myself with some quick thinking, I was able to race against [RR] IKAZIN and even managed to pull out a victory. Here are some tips and tricks that might help you during the next 24 Hour Turf Wars event.

1. As with any kind of Pink Slip High-Stakes bet, knowning your opponents car and your own cars limitations is a huge key to success. The DEVs were using a fully stock R-Class Scion xB 'Matte Black Edition' Dragster (sometimes with boost) which puts them in the 1650 - 1655 rating Turf Wars lobbies. If you were 1655.5 or above, you wouldn't see the DEVs in any lobbies. If you were 1650 or below using the Scion TC or Scion FR-S, you wouldn't see the DEVs in the lobbies. Its worth sticking around in a lobby where a DEV raced to check their replay to see their general best ET.

2. Understand that the DEVs are not only contributing in some way to the enhancement of your Racing Rivals experience but taking the extra time to 'race' against the general population of Racing Rivals. This is a top charting application game in Apple so there are thousands of players against the 50-75 workforce of both CIE/GLU (I don't know the exact numbers so it could be more/less) making the chance of actually racing one that much more harder. My advice would be to participate early as the DEVs should be more than plentiful and it should give you a slight advantage while they get used to racing the car. After finishing work, participating in many hours of constant challenges with possibly some harrassment can become repetitive and boring so be a little more understanding and respectful. Unfortunately for myself, I had a late start to the 24 Hour Turf Wars and I was scrambling the last 4 hours to find one and race him. Luckily I found him and won the race.

3. Add the DEV to your 'Friends List' to see when they are online to make sure that the DEV assigned to your lobbies is actually active and participating. After my race I even thanked my DEV and he replied back!

4. For awhile I was constantly refreshing in and out of lobbies in search of the DEVs. This was definitely the wrong strategy and ultimately may just cause more problems with the servers making your chances of racing a DEV that much more harder. What I ended up doing was choosing a lobby that was empty/nearly empty and waiting. You must understand that once a DEV enters a room and races for Pink Slips, if he loses he will be exited out of the lobby and back into his garage. Upon re-joining back into Turf Wars its more than likely he will go to a different lobby than the one he just lost in. While in your nearly empty lobby keep your eye and finger close to where new players enter. It helps to know the DEVs icon in case another player joins with a xB Dragster who most likely is showing off and won't be racing it for Pink Slips. Once you see the DEV join immediately click his icon as many times as possible in order for you to connect with him and race.

5. Once you are connected to him and the race is about to begin, the DEV will eventually raise to Pinks around 10 seconds left to ensure a strong connection for both racers. Use this time to calm your nerves as racing one seems to be just as hard as winning! Once the race begins, focus on your launch and make sure you don't foul immedately. I actually had the worst possible launch during my race since I was fueled with 2 Redbulls in a few hours before the race in order to make sure I did not foul. Some say that the DEVs usually let you win however mine was boosting and put up a great race against my Scion FRS R-Spec. After you either win/lose, its always nice to thank or congratulate the DEV.

Comments

• Options
    kylerigginskyleriggins Registered Users 254 Posts
    One problem, I was in a 1652 frs spec for 3 hours and not seen a single one
  • Options
    Also the DEVs have unlimited Scion xB Dragsters however you must take into account that there are thousands upon thousands of us players looking to race the DEVs. If you are lucky enough to win one I would quit participating unless you are actually trying to win the Turf Wars Event for your team (in which case you'd probably be in a higher lobby anyways) as I know that some users have tried to race the DEVs in pinks multiple times even after winning the car. Note that the DEVs can see if you have already won an xB Dragster so by challenging them you are taking away the opportunity for someone who hasn't gotten the chance to potentially race and win against the DEV and the DEVs will not Pink Slip race if they see you have already won a xB. However some users have confirmed winning multiple Scion xBs using different accounts.
  • Options
    kruller1kruller1 Registered Users 184 Posts
    While after reading this thread I'm not too sure on turf lobby ratings, I did see devs racing in my rooms and I was rated 1656. Also If what you say is true about the room rating then 1656 must be a room of its own as my times were among the fastest times for that rating. Also while in this room, a racer with whom I am a friend, was rated 1651. So I find myself still confused about room ratings. lol
  • Options
    BigRevoBigRevo Registered Users 80 Posts
    Are y'all ( the devs) not reading people's complaints ? There are people who were sitting in lobbies the whole time and never saw one ! Meanwhile other lobbies had multiple developers in them the whole time and people won way more than one of them NOT FAIR y'all made the damn game make it where y'all got in every lobby with that rating of the stock Xb not just a couple it B.S. I don't care how you look at it !
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    This thread is complete BS, myself along with many other players kept an eye out in the same 56 lobbies and we aren't on the same team..... nothing!!! While 4 other people on my team kept joining the SAME 56 lobby that ALL the Devs amazingly kept joining, ironic. It's funny how all the USUAL big name players managed to get one so they could sell them....... complete bullshit
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    BigRevoBigRevo Registered Users 80 Posts
    Agreed ^ this is b.s.
  • Options
    kruller1kruller1 Registered Users 184 Posts
    Also I have heard of people being on different ports. If the devs were not on all ports then there would have been an advantage/disadvantage as to who seen them. While I cant complain cause I did see devs just couldn't get to them in time, just trying to figure out why some people didn't see them at all.
  • Options
    RayBanManRayBanMan Registered Users 1,048 Posts
    My FRS was rated 1651 and I kept going to same lobby and devs were in there all day once they started.people don't understand how many ppl actuly play this game and not everyone's going to get one. If that was the case then they'd just hand them out.
  • Options
    1320 Champ1320 Champ Registered Users 224 Posts
    This turf event was handled poorly. Considering there are several room ratings, for them to only be in the 56 rated rooms is pathetic. Next time I'll just save the money spent on gems to buy the turf prize from another player. Would have saved me 4 hours of frustration. Sadly, that solution doesn't make any money for the company which is where their shortsightedness comes into play.
  • Options
    mwayner69mwayner69 Registered Users 1,267 Posts
    I had 3 different devs rotating through my lobby, but just couldn't get a challenge in. I really should have refreshed to the empty lobby and just waiting for one to pop in there. That might have worked. Instead I tried to challenge them for 4+ hours to no avail.
  • Options
    Zephyr-APZephyr-AP Registered Users 447 Posts
    For all the people who got mad at the devs for not competing in your 1603-1649 lobbies with FRS's: You wouldn't have won anyway. Ryyst pulled out a 10.0 on me, and not everyone has the 9.8 Scion FRS tune. Every single one of the xB's were stock, they couldn't even get into higher lobbies. I checked two Dev garages, and they're littered with cars that people have lost. Just be happy ya'll weren't like all the people who lost R Specs.