Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Scion Xbox ignored lobbies

At this point, I've accepted the fact that I'm not going to have a chance to get this car. The 315 and 706, and from what I've read on here several other lobbies, were completely ignored. I'm not asking for a car. I'm not even asking for a chance to race now. What I'm asking for is aknowledgment. There are a lot of really upset players right now, and I find myself one of them. When we dint see a single dev in our lobby, but people I work with were in a room with multiple dev for the entire event, I start to feel cheated, and I'm not the only one. Especially when there's topics now showing people who were given the car for "patience". What I'm asking for is for our complaints to be acknowledged. I'm asking that someone from the RR team admit that our complaints are valid, and that we were not given a fair chance at this event. Considering the response we've gotten so far, I don't expect to be acknowledged, bit it is likely the only thing that will satisfy me. Any other players who respond to this, please keep this topic civil. I want this to be an honest appeal to the game team for response.

Comments

• Options
    SMOKNSSSMOKNSS Registered Users 24 Posts
    Bump! I would like to see acknowledgment or justification as well.
  • Options
    mikeaveli504mikeaveli504 Registered Users 516 Posts
    Preach........
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    We spend every turfs racing the same 15-20 players over and over. So what do you think happened to devs? The got in the same room, over and over and over just like the rest of us...
  • Options
    mwayner69mwayner69 Registered Users 1,267 Posts
    I had 3 different devs rotating through my room, but never could get a challenge in. My iPhone 4 just wasn't going to be fast enough to get a challenge in. I tried on both 3G and Wifi. I messaged all 3 of my predicament, but they didn't respond at all. I'm sure everyone was messaging them though, so I don't fault them for that. Just sucked to have them in my room and me try to challenge them for hours to no avail...
  • Options
    jasontheonejasontheone Registered Users 729 Posts
    Cant please everyone...........
  • Options
    Pack N PetePack N Pete Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 163 Posts
    CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT WHAT WENT WRONG WITH THIS EVENT. I DO WANT SOMETHING TO MAKE IT RIGHT. BEEN TURFING SINCE THEY STARTED THIS FORMAT AND A LONG TIME BEFORE THEY STARTED. I GO BACK TO WHEN WE HAD 50 TEAM MEMBERS. SINCE TURF STARTED I'VE MISSED MAYBE ONE EVENT. ITS NOT RIGHT THAT ANY LONG TERM PLAYERS THAT HAVE BEEN LOYAL TO THE GAME THROUGH ALL ITS GLITCHES AND MISSHAPS GET SLAPPED IN THE FACE WITH AN EVENT LIKE THIS. MORE SPECIFICS TO THE EVENT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE OTHER THAN ITS A SCION EVENT. THAT WAS ABSURD. THE DEVS THAT DID COME ON WERE IN 56 LOBBY ALL THE BIT OF A FEW HOURS IF THAT IN A 24 HOUR EVENT. I WORK, HAVE A FAMILY AND STILL MANAGED TO LOCATE THEM BUT TO NO AVAIL I HAD NO CHANCE AT A RACE LIKE MANY OTHERS. PEOPLE WON MULTILPLES AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT OF HAD A CHANCE AT OTHERS. A TEAM MATE HAS PIC OF THE CHICKENS THE DEVS GAVE HIM WHEN HE NEVER EVEN HAD A CAR FROM THEM. THERE WAS NO CONTROL OVER THIS EVENT AND IT WAS EVIDENT. COMING OFF A TOUGH TURF EVENT INTO THIS, YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD PUT IN AS MUCH AS WE GAVE TO REWARD ITS PLAYERS.
  • Options
    evoraimportsevoraimports Registered Users 197 Posts
    I was also waiting and I keep appearing in two different rooms. So I thought maybe it was my high level that was the issue and so I used another acc with a much lower level and still didn't help. Wasted like 2hrs waiting and refreshing, gave up and when back turfing. And when I saw a post saying a player msged a dev telling him how patient he was, the dev gave him one. This seriously isn't fair to other players who didn't even got the chance to see a dev. So should we start sending I'm tickets to say how patient we were?
  • Options
    TheLongshanksTheLongshanks Registered Users 15 Posts
    I see that people are already ignoring my request. Please keep this thread civil, and if you don't have anything relevant to add, please do not reply. As for the comment about being in the same room, we understand that. But devs should have done something to ensure that there was someone in each room set, instead of just which ones that they were assigned randomly by game server. This is what in asking for acknowledgement on.
  • Options
    The cars were stock. Why would they have been in higher lobbies? I was in a 55 lobby and they must of handed out 50 of them. There were tons of people there getting them. Only 800 pus cars were handed out vs how many players there are. Had to be quick. I had 3 chances to win. Once they chicken and twice we just raced. Dont see me on here complaining. Just how the ball rolls sometimes. And cadzow. You can eat a #%=$. Dont talk to me that way bro. Who do you think you are?
  • Options
    Ugh. They hit race like everyone else does. Dont know what to tell you.
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Jasontheone, you act like your some forum superstar...... but I'm new here hahahaha IGN2HiPsi anytime buddy, bring your mills
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    Ugh. They hit race like everyone else does. Dont know what to tell you.
    That's exactly what we are saying. Since they did develop the game and make the system what it is why did they not allow the cars to be cycled through multiple 56 rooms instead of just the same two.
  • Options
    trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    The devs could pick what lobbies they went into. They had to go to the lobbies the game put them in.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    So you know how you guys get into rooms? That's the same way we were placed in rooms. We didn't have any special, "Lets me go to this room now..." ability. We choose the car we want to use out of our garage, we hit next, select Turf Wars and hit "Race". The game places us based on the same algorithm that places you guys into rooms.

We were out there, I wasn't in rooms with other devs, I gave out about 75 cars myself, and I was in game 4 of the 5 hours. I believe we planned on "giving out" 500 - 600 cars, I think we ended up giving out 800+. These cars were never meant to be just "handed out". The event was to race the devs... with a chance to win the car, it was never, we will just give cars away. These cars are meant to be very very rare.

I apologize if I gave the expectation that everyone would get the car and that everyone would e able to race a dev. Just to put things in perspective, we had about 30 or so of us that participated and we have 1000s of players playing during that time. There was no way for everyone playing to get to race a dev or win a car.

I will do better to set expectations for future events and will take into account how best to place ourselves in-game for future events.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Jason, jump into a room and look at the top of your screen in the middle. There week be a letter followed by three numbers. That is what were are calling our "rooms." If you notice you will always be in that same "room" with pretty much the same people.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Ryyst. I even tried to send you a friend request hoping you might jump into a multiplayer room. LOL! Hopefully next time you guys can get devs into other servers or maybe give us a heads up as to what server you guys are on.
  • Options
    pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    couldnt they have rated thier cars to atleast be in all lobbies? we sat in 1668 lobby for whole event and never seen a dev yet they where in lower rated lobbies. also could they have been on all servers? not sure how servers work but i know that i seen same people i always see and we sat in lobbys taking turns to keep constent watch out for devs and they never showed.
  • Options
    CarboncoreCarboncore Registered Users 24 Posts
    I can agree with about half of this. First off...the trick was to pink the devs in a stock dragster. When the determined car (Dragster) has a 1651 stock rating which lobby do you recomend they race for pinks in giving plenty of room to beat them by for the win. So at 51 rating they came into bottom of the lobby. 1651-1656 lobby happens to be where they could go and be pinked. SECOND!.. You mean to tell us that whole time nobody told you they were there and you couldnt for the life of your self make a half decent 56 tune car? It took me all of about 5 minuts to down tune my r spec scion and another 5 mins to pink one and take the car. I ran like a 9.2 as they ran 9.8s all day long. It took just a little effort to get one for myself and im a Noob! However...I agree the should have been random the whole event. Other parts of the world probably missed it while they sleep at night. But I dont see any dev blame in the lobbys they ran in. It happened to be fitting for a stock r class turf car with intentions of being beat fell into rate 56 low lobby. Good luck racing and Rubber Side Down.
  • Options
    CarboncoreCarboncore Registered Users 24 Posts
    I can agree with about half of this. First off...the trick was to pink the devs in a stock dragster. When the determined car (Dragster) has a 1651 stock rating which lobby do you recomend they race for pinks in giving plenty of room to beat them by for the win. So at 51 rating they came into bottom of the lobby. 1651-1656 lobby happens to be where they could go and be pinked. SECOND!.. You mean to tell us that whole time nobody told you they were there and you couldnt for the life of your self make a half decent 56 tune car? It took me all of about 5 minuts to down tune my r spec scion and another 5 mins to pink one and take the car. I ran like a 9.2 as they ran 9.8s all day long. It took just a little effort to get one for myself and im a Noob! However...I agree the should have been random the whole event. Other parts of the world probably missed it while they sleep at night. But I dont see any dev blame in the lobbys they ran in. It happened to be fitting for a stock r class turf car with intentions of being beat fell into rate 56 low lobby. Good luck