Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

The "Race the Devs II" event

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey everyone!

We’d like to thank everyone that participated in yesterday’s Race the Devs II. All in all we had fun racing against you guys and for those of you that were lucky (I use that term loosely) enough to beat us in a Pink Slip race I hope you enjoy the car.

Looking through posts here and on Facebook, I can see that there are quite a few of you who were frustrated with the event, as it was difficult to find one of us.

Here is an explanation of how we entered the race lobbies.

Most of us created new accounts, a few Dev Racing Teams were created, teams were joined, we then were given a bunch of the xB Dragsters and we logged in. We simply picked the car, hit “Next”, selected Turf Wars and hit “Race”. The game placed us in a room. Usually within moments we were challenged. Most of the time we’d lose, which would send us back to the garage where we would select a new car and then rinse and repeat. That’s really all there was to it. We actually cannot create our own rooms, we cannot place ourselves in specific rooms, we were bound by the same rules you all are. We weren’t just in one room or two, we were in a bunch of different rooms. We get placed just like you would get placed.

Now for some numbers to put things in perspective. There were 28 of us that participated in the event. We may not have all been racing the whole time, but there was a good chunk of us online at all times. As for how many players there were…. Well there were roughly 30,000 players in Turf War lobbies throughout the day. So basically you’re looking at a 1/1000 Dev to Player ratio. All in all we gave away 800+ cars, which is probably more than we anticipated. We never promised you’d all get one, these cars are meant to be super rare, and they are.

Now, there really is no good way for us to check if a player who challenged us already won a car within the 20 seconds it takes to initiate a race. Some of us are able to as we are trained to do so and have access to the tools we need, some of us… don’t. After all, no need to train an artist to do all that. So yes, while we did try and check every single race, we couldn’t check them all, meaning that there are some players that did get more than 1 car. We basically first went with the honor system with a bunch of us checking as backup.

Will we be having events like this in the future. Yes. Will we change the way it is done? Perhaps. However, I will try and be more forthcoming with your chances and maybe provide more info on the car before hand to help prepare, just remember, finding 28 of us among 30,000 is very difficult.

So yes, I do apologize that not everyone was able to race one of us, We will try and do better in the future,
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• Options
    07wrxGuy07wrxGuy Registered Users 560 Posts
    Thanks for the event Ryyst all though I didn't attempt to get a xb it seemed to work well and make people happy, but you think eventually you could give out cars for certain events by logging into Racing Rivals that day for cars that aren't meant to be rare and that everyone can enjoy but thanks for your events and a great game.
  • Options
    TheLongshanksTheLongshanks Registered Users 15 Posts
    Thanks for the statistics on players vs devs, that's a pretty interesting line of numbers. And thank you as well for at least being interested in considering our c I nerds and looking potentially at different ways to so things in the future.
  • Options
    MopedwolliMopedwolli Registered Users 5 Posts
    No, i drive yesterday 24 hours roundtable The clock The Turf, have many gems loost for much money and nö Car see..... Then The room 1650 - 1655 !!!! I have by a frs and put it maxed with gems, but The Car go with turbo only 1648 :-/ ..... Hmm ok i think i have enough spec..... But it down to this room 1655 but nö!!!!!!!! 1660 was The lowest for The spec.... Also Ryyst...... This turf was a Big Big shit !!!!!!! And i was a old player here.
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    Actually since you make very few people happy, and frustrate a lot of people, I suggest you don't repeat the event...

They was so many racers in my room that didn't want to race. They were only waiting to see devs and didn't want to damage their car for anything else...

• Options
    Dr beerDr beer Registered Users 9 Posts
    As I do understand your statistics, I think you need to make a way to make sure every room gets to see a CIE/Glu employee. I'm sure you know the statistics of how many players actually make it onto the forums and you have seen the number of complaints here. You don't have to consistently have a Dev in every room, but when it appears as though you only go to a select few rooms, you disappoint many of your loyal racers and customers.

I know that this is a hard thing to plan and schedule but with this many infuriated players at the seemingly lack of a activity that we saw from this event, I think that future events like this should be canceled or rethought to give everybody at least a small shot so we don't waste our day to another large letdown.

What for me possibly the most upset was when a player who I will never name under any circumstance asked a Dev to "hook him up" during the last 5 minutes of the event as the player had work. The Dev replied with, "sure check your garage" and he had the car in his garage workout even a race. As somebody who waited the majority of the time you listed as the time to race the devs in the correct lobby, I feel cheated that other players ate held at a higher standard than others.

I really hope that you takee the time to read this and possibly respond to it, because I believe that I have pointed out some valid points.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Well, we're not going to stop. We will continue to have these types of events. We're just going to have to setup expectations since there is really no way to spread 30 people among 30,000.

1. Its a Turf Event, first and foremost
    2. Devs will be in rooms, but they may be hard to find. Thousands of rooms... only a handful of devs.
    3. They may challenge you to pinks to win their car, but if you lose, you lose your car
    4. Their cars will be super uniquely rare

We'll try and find ways to spread ourselves out more, and be easier to find, but chances still are, you may not see one.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Twizted Cl0wnTwizted Cl0wn Registered Users 417 Posts
    I don't care what people say it was fun. And funny to see people lose to the dev. Please do again. But I'm a lucky one who won one so that might make my out look on the event different. It is nice to know the rarity of this car now. mw4k28.jpg
  • Options
    MopedwolliMopedwolli Registered Users 5 Posts
    No thats wrong what you say Here rr !! In The max Rolls was nö Car from you and in The Slower Rooms under 1650 was no Car to.... But that was The regulär Rooms for The lidle scion.... I have seen on Big profils 3 Cars from your type ..... Super!!!
  • Options
    RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
    You think the developers would have a way to better manage events and game mechanics. Seems like an event that will always miss the mark, but that in itself the nature of this game. Where on a weekly basis only 20-100 out of 30,000 people get the full benefit of Turf Wars.
  • Options
    custom blur 227custom blur 227 Registered Users 126 Posts
    Is it possible to have devs in different time zones so we can all try to win one im in Australia and got on whilst on a break at work but couldn't get to a dev i think it finished about 5 mins after i logged in
  • Options
    BigRevoBigRevo Registered Users 80 Posts
    Y'all made the game y'all need to figure out a way to go in different lobbies if y'all can't do that then DO NOT repeat this event or one like it because you basically said the same people are going to get the cars next time also because y'all can't control witch lobbies you go in ... ITS B.S. plain and simple ! And the few you made happy are far exceeded buy the ones y'all pissed off so yeah I guess you could say it was a success .... my @!!
  • Options
    The ImmortalThe Immortal Registered Users 55 Posts
    could have at least told us 56 lobby only. i spent gems in the last two hours to detune my car and didn't see any dev still. :(
  • Options
    FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    The only stat that matters is missing. How many 56 lobbies were there and how many did developers visit? Those complaining about not being able to race their tc against an r class would have complained about losing their car if they got the chance. Figure the game out.