Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Value of Turf Cars Ruined...

RayBanManRayBanMan Registered Users 1,048 Posts
I think they need to change the way turf cars are rewarded. Having 2 seasons with the same cars ruins the value of them. Its nice that players get two chances but after that they are worth next to nothing. They should put new cars that haven't been cycled a bunch of times it takes the fun out of it too. Racing for a car that has no rarity takes the fun out of turfs. Don't get me wrong racing for wraps is always a blast..but when everyone has all the same turf cars its hard to trade and sell them and get what they're actually worth.just my .02 I think new turf cars and not running seasons twice with the same cars would make turfs a lot more fun to play. Seeing dodge challenger gt2s sold for a mil is a perfect example... what are your guys thoughts?

Comments

• hennings69hennings69 Registered Users 21 Posts
    love this idea but it will end up being the same way just wont go down in price as fast
  • Zephyr-APZephyr-AP Registered Users 447 Posts
    Eh Wrapped Ones maintain their value because they are different looking than each generation... But seeing that nearly 4000 of them are out there within two seasons makes me understand where you're coming from. But also understand that devs also have a hard time finding liscensing for these turf cars and need a break: it's called 2nd Season Turfs.
  • RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
    Yeah, two seasons. So the same 20-2000 people [out of 30,000+] get the same car, must be hard times.
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    I agree but on the dev side before they did 2 season turfs they said it was hard trying to get license for cars and then make a new wrap for that car then push it all out within a week. It was too much work so by doing 2 seasons they have time to always have a "new" car for new seasons. The fact of the matter is not that they sell for dirt cheap its the fact that they sell for dirt cheap to begin with. Everyone sells their turf cars for like 2 maybe 2.5 but after the hype (even before the next season) they are selling them for 1-1.5 mil. It should be selling for around 3 mil ea at least to begin with (yes this is for unwrapped, yes this is no matter what whether its the rs500 or a challenger gt2) The wrapped ones should be going for around 4-5 mil depending what they look like etc. As a og in the game I have seen prices drop to where things dont make any sense! Thats the market though and until people understand the price of what cars are worth than its going to stay like this.
  • kazekirikazekiri Registered Users 68 Posts
    There's hardly any money in circulation because upgrades are expensive and generating cash is slow. Therefore people can't pay $2-3 million asking prices so it drops and continues to drop until people can afford it. The other thing is upgraded cars are constantly being taken out of the game because players trade them in for points if won during turf. This means others need to spend even more money on upgrading turf eligible cars and taking more money out of circulation. But turf car or not, the number of high value cars in the game is constantly increasing but cash is always being taken out of circulation so prices are in an endless downward spiral since the people who don't have them but want them can't afford to pay the amount you want.

About the repeating cars though... I haven't been playing for very long but I'm already seeing repeat turf prize cars. It would be nice to see something I've never seen before as a turf prize like Scion tc gt spec, BMW z4 gt3, BMW m3 gt2, Chevrolet Corvette C6.r, Chevrolet COPO Camaro, and Dodge Viper ACR-X just to name a few. Sure some of those are available in the showroom so maybe that isn't a good idea. I'm just saying there are lots of cars I've never seen as a turf prize but I know exist because others have them and probably doesn't need licensing again since it's already in the game.
  • RenzojRenzoj Registered Users 2 Posts
    Why is cie glu repeating turff cars in turff wars. This is lame
This discussion has been closed.