Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Car Recovery Options

iBulletsiBullets Registered Users 167 Posts
I think the option to recover your lost car from pinks should allow us to choose between cash/gems because the price of gems are ridiculously high. Sorry, most of you will probably disagree with me but let's see. Please comment your opinion on this.. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ProChargerF4ProChargerF4 Registered Users 85 Posts
    Honestly were lucky to have a recovery option at all.
  • Options
    JuanmaTuscaniJuanmaTuscani Registered Users 1,091 Posts
    As prochargerF4 said... that's a gift from admins
  • Options
    I don't think anyone is willing to spend that much real life money on gems just to recover their car. For example, If you lose a Maxed S Class car, you would have to spend 9,000+ gems to recover it. That's more than $100 real life money just on gems. I think it should be removed or we should cash/gems options to choose from, just my opinion.
  • Options
    Drag532Drag532 Registered Users 844 Posts
  • Options
    LolopopLolopop Registered Users 47 Posts
    I'd say put a more reasonable price, although I do appreciate the recovery option, but I don't think I'll ever recover a car with those prices.
  • Options
    PrinceDannyPrinceDanny Registered Users 355 Posts
    I think the recovery is dumb because when I baught the 200 gtr for 140 gems and when I sold it to someone it was 160 gems to get it back when it was vine stock
  • Options
    LolopopLolopop Registered Users 47 Posts
    Only 160? I needed to pay 600 something for my not so fast challenger
  • Options
    Thank you guys, really appreciating all the comments
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    a interesting idea, ill toss it around the office and see what people think
  • Options
    STEVENDORANSTEVENDORAN Registered Users 268 Posts
    Recovery prices are rediculous. Way to high. 90% of the time it's cheaper to go buy another car and tune it instead of spending all those gems to recover it.
  • Options
    TERRYTERRY Registered Users 123 Posts
    I agree. I lost a gt500 on accident to pinks. Was gonna cost 2500 gems to get it back. Not cool.
  • Options
    TERRYTERRY Registered Users 123 Posts
    I honestly think when someone pinks someone they should have another questionare saying are you sure lol
  • Options
    Hamed_AlowdHamed_Alowd Registered Users 255 Posts
    I would rather suggest a Button to remove the lost shaded cars and also add warn up msg to stop buying those cars with gems " some have alot of gems but might lose it some day bymistake
  • Options
    ClaudiohvClaudiohv Registered Users 82 Posts
    I would say take the gem price and drop it
    22% on D-A class cars,
    27% on S
    31% on R class cars if lost stock as soon as parts are being added the % will be a bit higher

or/and

to buy back the car FREE the first time (excluding GEM cars, and non-campaign cars, to avoid users exploiting the idea)

or/and

The option to buy back the car stock, in case of a gem car 20% the original gem price, but these option is only available only 1 once per car, (again if you lose the car twice price goes back to normal and the % is no longer applicable) IE: if i got a furai i lose it once i got only i chance to buy it back for less gems and only that one time, it doesn't matter if i got more furais to lose LOL.,

or/and

the chance for RrCash cars the idea is a new campaign. of course a lot harder than the regular campaign, Users will have a cooldown in these area (1 month, 1 week, 1 days what ever). a big cool-down and users will have to pay the price of the car to buy it back and to enter the campaing IE( convert the asking gem price x a number into RrCash or what ever else,)

Again, what i want to get across is not implementing these idea(s) ASAP, this is just to try to give the staff ideas, and only ideas. I'm not imposing anything on anyone in here.
  • Options
    BaussinenBaussinen Registered Users 4 Posts
    Losing or winning cars is whole idea of pink slips so i don't think this idea is very good.
  • Options
    Drag532Drag532 Registered Users 844 Posts