Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Creating Car Duplicates

WHTKNIGHTWHTKNIGHT Registered Users 26 Posts
Teams preparing for turfs seem to build lots of the same car. It would be awesome if you could by duplicates of any car in your garage. For instance, the dart turf day the other weekend, I had to buy and separately build a few cars. Which took a crap ton of time. But if there was a "Buy Duplicate" option where you buy the exact car that's in your garage same mods and everything already built. Whether it's a $100k or gems or whatever. Cie still gets there money's worth but players can cut down on building fleets for pinks races. It's kind of like the option where CIE let's you buy back whatever car you lose in pinks but proactive instead of reactive.

Comments

• UnknownUnknown 0 Posts
    Definitely an awesome addition. People pay great money for others to build them lower class cars for Turf Wars. It would definitely save a lot of time and hassle. My personal preference is to have 1 car that is fully maxed and another that is detuned.
  • WHTKNIGHTWHTKNIGHT Registered Users 26 Posts
    Right, exactly. Literally there has been terminology created for these actions taking place with in the game. They are called "Build Contracts." My team Leader offered me one to build 10 ford focus cars with my tune for a turf the other weekend. If we could buy duplicates from the garage you could mitigate and capitalize on the spend within the game, but for heavens sake make it affordable. Gamers are buying maxed cars from other racers all the time with game cash because it's farrrrrrrrrr cheaper to spend your game cash than it is to huh from the showroom and upgrade with gems. I personally like to have a couple if I can afford it just so I can lose some to pinks, but the recover cost in gems is typically way more than I originally paid to build the cars In the first place???!! Which is backwards, it should be less! Think of it like offering insurance policy I bought and paid full price once, now I should only have to pay a deductible to get it back. My two cents anyway
  • aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    the question is, will this cost gem to do or will it cost rr cash? that my friend is the question. if cie thinks about it, it will generate more revenue. if they charge extra rr cash just to duplicate it instead of gem it would be better.
    my opinion. if it cuts down the building time more people will race and use gem to boost their car. $$$$$$$ in cie pocket.
  • WHTKNIGHTWHTKNIGHT Registered Users 26 Posts
    I agree, and to answer your question it should be RR cash to buy back a car. I think ultimately the longevity of one's user status for the game becomes a matter of spend after a while. This app for me has become quite an expensive hobby, I have to force myself not to play because I literally can't afford it lol. 5 buck here 10 bucks there 100bucks worth of gems for a single weekend of turfing, I mean honestly they are limiting their target audience by requiring a game to either be affluent or try and scam people within the game because it's so expensive. But anyhow I'm with you it should be for RR cash that you can buy back a car and at a reasonable deductible cost figure.