Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Gem cars and DQ

zondamanzondaman Registered Users 378 Posts
RR Foxx or any other developer please explain. A lot of the gem only cars will DQ if they run too fast. Why is this? Cars that cost real money should not be doing this. Examples:
A Class Corvette- crossed the line at 8.24 get a dq. You have to sand bag it to keep from getting a dq. Best I can manage is 8.33 and that's sandbagging the car.
B Class GMC Syclone- cross the line at 9.07-9.09 gets a dq. (This happened 5 races in a row) Best I can manage is a 9.100 with out getting a dq. Again...sandbagging.
C Class Mitsubishi Eclipse- cross the line at low 9.2's gets a dq. Best time managed is 9.29. My personal best is 9.33.
R Class Mclaren MP4-12C GT3- crossed the line at 7.25-7.27 dq every time. Best time managed so far sandbagging is 7.370

Why do real money cars not work properly? I've gotten multiple dq's running too fast in these cars. And it isn't just me, several people in many groups have complained about the same thing with the very same cars. Can this please get resolved?

Comments

• cagedbullcagedbull Registered Users 184 Posts
    The dq when running faster times than the car was programed in the game has been around for a long time, the S class viper gts used to get dq EVERY race under 7.900 seconds, then with update it can now run low 7.8**. This is what he is referring to, Maverick you are missing his point. The mp4 gt3 only used to run mid 7.3, now it can run faster and it wasn't programmed in the game to go that fast hence dq. Same with A class vette. The first time i used the vet MONTHS ago i ran low 8.3 and dq every time. There is a disconnect with the times you guys have programmed the cars to run and what they can actually do. Fix that for certain cars and no dq will occur. This has been long discussed with past mods, not sure how new you are but you should be brought up to speed. If your inhouse tester cant simulate those times and see the dq then he just isnt a good enough player or fast enough like REAL players.
  • KaptinBoxxiKaptinBoxxi Registered Users 161 Posts
    Going off of what cagedbull said... he's right. I notice this after almost every update that comes out. Some cars become slower and some cars become faster, like u guys tune the values without us knowing. I took about a year off of RR because the iphone 4 can't handle it well, but around August 2013, the Honda Civic Si would run 10.3 with a supercharger no boost...not it's like 10.5-10.6 Also, I think you guys may have the calculated times set or gathered incorrectly. There's many tuning methods to the cars that are probably more advanced than you could think with how basic car setups seem in this game. US high end racers will do anything to conserve weight but get the most power. A few things we are willing to do is sacrifice weight...that 5 lbs added from high end tires? Most of us run stock tires even on maxed out cars. Running stage 2 or stock suspension seems to make us faster as well... and with that, I believe is why we get DQ's. The system sees us running a few parts as stock or stage one and thinks we should be slower because of it but in all actuality, we are actually faster.
  • cagedbullcagedbull Registered Users 184 Posts
    Maverick still isn't getting the point. PLease re read my post and UNDERSTAND what i am saying. These particular cars are coded wrong in the system for their times........ They actually run faster than your system can recognize, like back when they had the weight hack and there were hondas running 6.9 and getting dq because its not SUPPOSED to go that fast. Thats whats happening with these cars. You guys have parameters of what the cars should run maxed. On these particular ones they are faster than what you have programmed so the computer thinks its a hack. Get it now???????
  • zondamanzondaman Registered Users 378 Posts
    Boom! Doesn't get any more plain than that. That's exactly what's happening.