Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

TURF WARS

Jaythan MJaythan M Registered Users 323 Posts
Why in heavens sake would CIE have a Nismo day? Only the richest people of the game have that car and most of those people are on the top 25 teams! Thanks for giving everyone else a chance CIE! You did it this time.

Comments

• McshiftmasterMcshiftmaster Registered Users 158 Posts
    It's so the smaller teams stay that way , go into turf and check the top 25 they all have between 10-20k already! Thanks for making turf even cie you guys rock!
  • VENOM650RVENOM650R Registered Users 3,319 Posts
    Mmm the question Ull get from CIE "why don't U but one..!!?" .. Further .. Maxed nismo run 5-6 races only so it wouldn't get his owner that much of points ..!! And if they downgrade it the Winning poits will be reduce too .. To think about it 20k/20 members = 1000 point per member
  • Jaythan MJaythan M Registered Users 323 Posts
    The integra for the fwd is BS. What venoms says is true. IT ISNT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING THE BEST CAR FOR THAT EVENT. And they better not say anything like that... Supra event isn't comparable. It's a cash car.
  • KnighthawckKnighthawck Registered Users 86 Posts
    It's a about the money for CIE, and still they don't fix the issues that exist or are pending. And their favorite answer for everything is we are working on it or we are looking Into it...............lmfaoooooooooooo
  • CHRIS LITCHRIS LIT Registered Users 18 Posts
    Haha so true!!!
  • CHRIS LITCHRIS LIT Registered Users 18 Posts
    We are checking our bank accounts and looking into vacation trips and working on sticking it to you harder and harder as the money rolls in lol!!!
  • CATCAT Registered Users 1,514 Posts
    If u cant play then rest for a while, U can play next event a class,subaru and fwd event. No big deal!

Have 35$ pp to spend hmu
    Fueled racing beta tester/RR android beta tester/2013-present RR

• BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    I complained about it last week and got jumped all over By a couple of their moderators and then the reality set in Its all about MONEY MONEY !!they dont give a flying flip about the smaller teams the rich just get richer ,plus wen u go in a room theres Only about 8 or 10 cars in there and they are all rockets ,my 2 cents
  • Dale9805Dale9805 Registered Users 6 Posts
    And remember its a business.
  • BARUBAL808BARUBAL808 Registered Users 39 Posts
    a buddy of mine just got rid of his nismo. he got rid of it cause he could only run 2-3 times before damage lol. theres teams already with 80K points lol. i dont care to get first or top 10 i just want top 100 haha. good luck in the rest of the turf yall
  • TiffxnyTiffxny Registered Users 1,330 Posts
    Turf war was made to make money, they always slip in those gem cars so we fork over our money. But really a 1,000+ gem car event? That's just horse shit. "Making it an even playing field" MY ASS!
  • nobrakes4menobrakes4me Registered Users 310 Posts
    So Much Hate! I could see people getting all bent out of shape if they did a ton of events that required high gem cars etc, but occasionally it should come around, similar to how the daily car races are. Take a break for a little, skip an event, work on building your profile up.
  • aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    i dont get why itr was even on sale when its not the best fwd car. nismo day! thats just crazy, i wonder how much money cie is losing/making right now. not alot of people have nismo= no one is racing. i did 2k point and i was done for the night. ill wait til next event.
  • GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    I don't even have a nismo....some of my team does and we're getting a good head start on the lower teams
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    The Integra sale was complete bs I agree, I have tc's that run better numbers than a Integra..... but I was a sucker and bought 4, not the first time I've been burned by a sale for turf
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    they should give away nismo's to fix the problem. isnt that what they do to calm everybody anyway? they keep the higher teams high and screw the lowers. can,t wait for another game to come along and take the lower level players away. i gaurantee there are more lower level players spending money then higher players. its all in time. IMO
  • NoShineMMNoShineMM Registered Users 33 Posts
    It's 1 day of a 4 day event. Calm down. The game doesn't owe you anything. If you can't get the car then sit back and shut up.
  • Bigj6996Bigj6996 Registered Users 635 Posts
    Most if not almost all of everyone that has a nismo either bought it from someone that hacked to get it in the first place. Just my 2 cents
  • HausIsBossHausIsBoss Registered Users 248 Posts
    This antagonist is a mod? Thought they were supposed to be helpful? It's thinking like his that gets people to stop spending. I used to buy gems and RRC but quit long ago. I don't care that the top 25 are buying boost to race each other I rarely see them in my rooms. But then again I rarely see anyone in my rooms, so I need four events to get my points I would like to be top 100 but I have a real life and a wife. So spending every waking minute and large amounts of cash on a game seem point less. But the only way to do that is have my car boosted with cash that is better spent in real life or helping those in need. Something I am sure Gonzo would not understand. So does it bother me when Cie takes day one and makes it so only those that can spend large amounts of real cash can play, D A M N right it does. But how does it affect u, the top 25 guy? Without the rest of is there is no game! Without those noobs that the top 25 spends Monday thru Wednesday scamming out of cars or running overrated in low rooms making big bets sandbagging noobs and making them lose interest in the game before they even see how cool it is, these are the people flushing this game down the toilet. Soon it will be a ghost town just like my turf rooms that I am stuck in!
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Team effort is what to took for that one event. Turf wars in general is a TEAM effort. Yea it was a random event, and I like to believe it was because people like to snoop and get the line up before turf starts. But either way, the last three were very easy to compete in and make lots of points so it made up for it.

As far as people that think only ones with no lives or "hackers" can acquire a nismo, are being ridiculous. This is a community based game and making friends is key. I won my first nismo pinking in my rami. My second one came from a friend that I helped out. There are ways..
  • HausIsBossHausIsBoss Registered Users 248 Posts
    I tried to work on cars but found every room full of scammers and over rated cars courtesy of the join friends button. It's getting to where u can't find a legit race during non turf days. So the way I see it a large portion of that near 20% are the scammers and over rate room raiders. It is getting to be that I don't want to race anymore thanks to all the lame losers that just want to cheat u out of what u have and ur fun. Turf for me is boring. A class I was stuck in a room with 4 or 5 guys. Subbie event I guess I tuned mine well I was in a room with every car on boost. Not much chance there. So I am left with fwd shoot out. I got most of my points in this event. But I was only allowed to race in F496 with the same guys again and again. Only having three event s to run would be no big deal I the game worked right. But since I have all these issues for months now my points have tanked and it's gotten old and I'm tired! Sorry if we disappoint u, but many of us long term players feel the same way.... Disappointed.
  • VENOM650RVENOM650R Registered Users 3,319 Posts