Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Something fishy is happening.

EFMEFM Registered Users 96 Posts
Has anyone seen GTfreek, velysaan and MRgee? They are in almost every room I join. All together. And today I was on my iPad a friend was on his, he raced mrgee using his datsun and mrgee had a Datsun. I challenged him on my iPad and he had a c7 corvette. We both raced him using 2 different devices and 2 different cars at the exact same time. Yet, he had a c7 vette vs me and a Datsun vs my friend. Same with velysaan and gtfreek. How can you race 2 cars with 2 different people from the same account? Always these 3 together in low level rooms too.

Comments

• Options
    VinmasterVinmaster Registered Users 1,676 Posts
    they are bots in the game lol
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    They are AI bots that get placed in rooms that are a little sparse.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Bots for losing? They never win any race. I suspected they were bots but what for?
  • Options
    killinemsoftlykillinemsoftly Registered Users 4,432 Posts
    Bots lol they join a lobby when theres low amount of racers

• Options
    Huh, ok... Why are they put there?
  • Options
    7heUnForGivin7heUnForGivin Registered Users 151 Posts
    They are put there so that every lobby has cars in there then once the room starts to fill up with real racers they leave one by one or all at once depending on how many racers show up
  • Options
    NiNja da HatchieNiNja da Hatchie Registered Users 715 Posts
    They are bots to help keep lobbies alive when they start getting low. They eventually disappear once the lobby reaches a certain number of racers. Every bot you race is similar to the tune you're using yourself, so you have a good chance of winning rather than losing. Most people try to find them to help with tuning so that can get continuous times. I love your original post though, kudos! -Your Friendly Neighborhood NiNja
  • Options
    Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
  • Options
    coolestdudecoolestdude Registered Users 115 Posts
    Op those are just bots.
  • Options
    pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    LMAO! they are scamming. no they are bots and you can usually beat them but if they beat you they take alot more street cred away than what you would win off them.
  • Options
    RobachanRobachan Registered Users 51 Posts
    Bots r good to check ur tune or practice ur drop rev launches