Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

In all honesty...

jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
I truly believe that with this update CIE is going to lose many many many loyal racers. Why would they make it to where you can not see the others rating? Why is it that after I update my sons game he can't get back in? He has no game center or facebook. I told him that he needs to stop playing so that we don't lose any of his cars! He is bummed that after all his hardwork in this game he is now told he can't play or he has to start all over again. CIE please can you guys fix this!

Comments

• Options
    Josh3235Josh3235 Registered Users 122 Posts
    MORE MONEY FOR THEM. Simple.
  • Options
    And yes I do realize there is a thread like this up already lol
  • Options
    The whole time we say to get rid of hackers and scammers yet they do this and its like they only want the scammers and hackers playing this game. They not gonna make any money of them they got the system already beat! Yet legit racers like us (well me in particular) will never race for pinks and I for one am not going to bet anymore. The game went from the best addicting game out there to making me think about quitting.
  • Options
    Josh3235Josh3235 Registered Users 122 Posts
    jjbinx808 wrote: »
    The whole time we say to get rid of hackers and scammers yet they do this and its like they only want the scammers and hackers playing this game. They not gonna make any money of them they got the system already beat! Yet legit racers like us (well me in particular) will never race for pinks and I for one am not going to bet anymore. The game went from the best addicting game out there to making me think about quitting.
    I do pinks a lot, I could tell who was a hacker and who wasn't before. BUT NOW I DONT EVEN KNOW ANYBODIES RANK!!! Like you said, they made the game easier for hackers, but do they spend money on the game???? LOL. Obviously the devs didnt think this one through.
  • Options
    NISMONISMO Registered Users 64 Posts
    This update is killing me. I almost lost my account by updating (I don't use game center) and it was a pain to get it back. They need to make updates compatible for people who don't have game center.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Honestly, syncing your account with Game Center is the only way to ensure your Rivals account won't get lost. By logging into Game Center you can access your Rival's racer on any iDevice. So it's a good thing to have.

Should you have lost access to your racer due to the update, create or sign into Game Center and create a new racer. We will then swap the Racer on the Game Center Account with the one you want to play. Just send us a ticket through the game or email mobilesupport@ciegames.com with the subject Racing Rivals. Please include your Game Center nickname and the the old and new Rivals Racernames.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Alright Ryystron I sent you guys a email. Subject is switching old account to new account and the new account is called I minecraft (don't ask me it's what my son chose lol) and the old account is Sylince. Thanks for your help and quickness of all this
  • Options
    MaxedOutMaxedOut Registered Users 206 Posts
    Jkbinx808. Did they fix urs
  • Options
    I keep tryin to get on game, but still the main screen then kicked off.... In about 15 min Cie office will be open , gonna call em
  • Options
    I did that now just a waiting game at this moment
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    I did that last night and got an email telling me to delete the game and reinstall it.. Hello? I already did that or else I would be telling them I need my account back., well I clarified and il awaiting a response.. I just tried to play and it loaded my old first game.. So more waiting
  • Options
    So far no help, If they can't fix there screw up and make it, right I'm done with this game. Not gonna blow money and lose it cause Cie srews up, I have two daughters that have accounts, one daughter was gonna buy the new pagani but I told her not to, why give me more money...my account has 21 car and a lot of money, most of car I bought from showroom....this is crazy
  • Options
    Ya I feel you guys right after Ryystron told me what to do I did it and I still have got nothing....
  • Options
    When you say you said yes, does that mean you click keep playing? Or load user?
  • Options
    NISMONISMO Registered Users 64 Posts
    It asks you if you want to load a user associated with the game center account. Since they associated his account with the game center that he made, it brought back his account back just like it was before the update.
  • Options
    Ah okay, so when (wishful thinking) they do mine, I'll click load user. Thanks!
  • Options
    Well I got it back! Whoot whoot! Haven't been able to play yet because the wife wants me to hang out with her, but hey, she's got beer.. She pulled rank. Lol
  • Options
    Got mine back to
  • Options
    RRracerRRracer Registered Users 68 Posts
    i dont have game center so i reset... :) i got the NSX already