Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Anyone have this problem?

joedawnnjoedawnn Registered Users 1,216 Posts
Ok so i'm in a turf lobby and I challenged this ZR1 while I was in my ZR1.
He raises to pinks so i accept.
I start reving up
and as soon as i hit the rev limiter it just drops. No response to the buttons, so im like what the bad word.
He's able to launch just fine and ends up launching when he's supposed to. Nothing would work so at this point im like whatever, i opened up my messages app just to see if i functions all over my screen.
EVERY SINGLE LETTER WOULD WORK. I still had my phone turned sideways, so the keyboard was the long ways and i was pressing buttons all towards the area where the gas/rev button is on the game. All of them responded.
Took me about 2-3 seconds to do all that.
Clicked back on the racing rivals app.
Now it let me launch and everything worked fine.
As soon as i finally launched though, race ended. Which in turn, gave me a dnf and i lost.... to a car slower than mine lol.

Comments

• Options
    No feedback at all?
  • Options
    Daniel 1225Daniel 1225 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Hmm.. Possible hacker?
  • Options
    ChevellesruleChevellesrule Registered Users 108 Posts
    This has happened to me as well, totally out of the blue.
  • Options
    509 performance509 performance Registered Users 294 Posts
    I've had that happen a few times now also probably a new hack
  • Options
    I've talked to a few other players in the turf lobbies, and they've all said the same thing has happened to them a few times. Luckily for them, it didnt happen to them in Pinks.
    I was told its a hack done by the person you raced. So the guy I raced (the piano guy) joined the lobby after leaving for 20 ish minutes. (Didnt know people won pinks and then took off lol)
    Anyways, I talked to him and he also said I DNF'd. He knew my tune was better than his and I would've beat him too, which is confusing me. Why purposely pink someone who will beat you? I'm very consistent with my cars so i am completely confident too. Regardless, no matter how hard I tried to get him to give the car back (not for free either) he wouldn't take it. Sound a little funny? If I won a car, and the person told me to name them a price for it and offered me cars of similar or more value, i wouldn't hesitate to do it. (I had a 1663 tuned ZR1 and was willing to offer a maxed ZR1 for it back lol. So why would anyone ever decline that) Granted, if something like this happens and I win because of that, i'll give the car back for free as I have been unfortunate enough to have experienced similar situations in turf causing me to lose my cars and I know what it's like lol.

Anyways ever since i've been asking around about this odd situation, it's becoming more apparent that it is indeed an unfortunate glitch, hack, whatever you'd like to call it, it's still a problem that is really messing some of us up, and is becoming more and more common. Before today, it's happened to me atleast a few times a day out of the blue.

For any mods that could relay this message to admins, or for any admins reading this.
    My ign is: Rinky Dink.
    I have an iphone 5 and i am running iOS8.
    This happened on 9-26-14 somewhere around 2:45 PM CST.
    I also was indeed connected to wifi, and have a very strong signal, so that's definitely not the problem.

I'm not even doing this in hopes to get compensation, granted it'd be nice , i'm mainly just hoping this problem gets recognized and can be fixed whenever the next patch rolls around, hell, if it could be hotfixed that'd be even better. Any news or comments regarding this would make me more than satisfied. Don't want this to happen to any of my friends and have them quit over something so little, yet so problematic.

(I have plenty of cars and don't want to seem like im wanting compensation. Losing this in a fair legitimate race wouldn't be a problem for me lol, i'd just go buy another one. Again, losing the car in general was not a problem, just the way I lost it was.)

Also, I know the devs/admins can pull what was live data, or what some would say "codes" ie. when the nos button was used, when shifts were, if the racer downshifted, boosted, stuff like that. from the race itself, so i'm wondering if it's possible to even see if the server side game data registered me hitting the buttons, but still had no function if that makes sense. If its possible, it should show that I did indeed rev up the car, and once it hit rev limiter it just dropped and i had no response from the buttons until i want to say a few seconds later when I was actually able to launch and had full response from every button. I don't know if that makes sense but i'm hoping it does.

Seems like every time it's happened to me, it's been in turf lobbies and as soon as i hit rev limiter, it drops, and buttons become unresponsive. Multiple times i've even stayed in the game without doing what i'm about to type, just to see if it'll end up not functioning the entire race. I've had mixed results so far. But again, with this last one I double tapped my home button and clicked the "Messages" app then hit every letter on the keyboard and focused more on the buttons towards where the gas, launch, and shift buttons would be in the game and those were working just fine. I even opened other various apps that are around my screen to just see if its a screen calibration problem. Same result on that one, and i get immediate responses. I know opening other apps might not be the best idea, but i'm still keeping the Racing Rivals app running, and I mean when I get no response from the in game buttons, i already know im going to lose, so i atleast wait about 10 seconds anyways before opening these apps.
    Sorry for the essay, but i'm trying to give as much information as I can and be as helpful as possible.
  • Options
    trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    I'll relay this to ryyst