Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Updates just gone live and already 5 reasons why it sucks...

Cyberkid28Cyberkid28 Registered Users 273 Posts
So I'm now on the new update using a iPhone 5 and it is ridiculously horrible... Here's why... 1. Takes for ever to load the game and loading something as simple as a car in your garage 2. Textures overlaps , these are very common... For example speeding up a install and gem speed up and 2 cars could be overlapped in your garage. 3. It is awfully laggy in a race each light causes a lag spike that lasts for half a second 4. The green light shows 0.100 at least after it should... My rt is ALWAYS 0.020 or less and is now 0.150* thanks to the green light showing late 5. The lag spikes in selecting a racer or daily challenge This is just the beginning and so far it shows as a awful update

Comments

• Options
    zondamanzondaman Registered Users 378 Posts
    Yep. I just tried it with one of my best cars and the best reaction time I could get was .0112. I never, NEVER get worse than .005 in it. I'm in the process of removing it from my other devices and will be removing my main account as well. I'm officially done. The graphics are terrible, the sounds are terrible, game play is terrible and drop launching is harder if not impossible now. I don't have time to relearn how to drive the cars all over again. It was fun while it lasted.
  • Options
    BootyshockaBootyshocka Registered Users 75 Posts
    And Emojis don't work anymore. Very bad update!!! I agree with everything states above. App resolution is terrible
  • Options
    Well done Cie... You have successfully ruined your best game and I can almost guarantee you won't do anything at all to fix this
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    1. Takes for ever to load the game and loading something as simple as a car in your garage (This is because we now load assets onto your device in a different way to reduce overall load on your device as well as to help loading times in other places. Its not optimal yet but this is a structural change we will benefit from largely in the future) 2. Textures overlaps , these are very common... For example speeding up a install and gem speed up and 2 cars could be overlapped in your garage.(Thanks for catching that, any screenshots help and we will correct them asap) 3. It is awfully laggy in a race each light causes a lag spike that lasts for half a second (I do not experience this internally but, I will look into this and fix it if I can find the issue) 4. The green light shows 0.100 at least after it should... My rt is ALWAYS 0.020 or less and is now 0.150* thanks to the green light showing late (I will have to look into this one) 5. The lag spikes in selecting a racer or daily challenge (This is the same as #1, again, we refine this as we go)
  • Options
    Ace of SkillsAce of Skills Registered Users 247 Posts
    I'm having the same exact issues. My biggest pet peeve is the performance. This game is no longer smooth, everything is laggy AF. Just trying to scroll through people to race takes like 5 seconds to respond. Same situation when I'm in the garage trying to look through My vehicles.

I am also on an Iphone 5. If anything, this should not be the device that have problems running anything. Something really needs to be done quickly, or you will lose a lot of your player base.
  • Options
    Please please please please please foxx return it to 1.5 this is unplayable
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Will updating be mandatory??
  • Options
    STEVENDORANSTEVENDORAN Registered Users 268 Posts
    I'm not updating till last minute.
  • Options
    STEVENDORANSTEVENDORAN Registered Users 268 Posts
    Me to. It closed on its own then last night around 10pm tried to open it but I couldn't unless I updated.