Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

iPad 2 totally useless with new update

sk00linn00bzsk00linn00bz Registered Users 664 Posts
I am running an old ipad and the new software is basically unoperable, and it also has somehow messed up the formatting of the screen dimension. i can now not play this game on this ipad. i know my father has the newer ipad and the resolution is diff so im sure the newer ipads are fine but basically the game is now unplayable for ipad 2... and my turf is now messed up completely.

Comments

• Options
    Austinoliver23Austinoliver23 Registered Users 30 Posts
    Same her man. I'm using the iPad 2 as well. Completely useless now. Sucks cause I'm usually a heavy hitter in turf and now I can't even race because it lags out and crashes before I can even get to a track.
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    I am soo agreeing with this I have iPad 2 game won't stop crashing so I can't turf for this car.
  • Options
    RZR 69RZR 69 Registered Users 548 Posts
    I hope they fix soon, can't even play
  • Options
    Nismo527Nismo527 Registered Users 6 Posts
    All the IPAD 2 users that have invested and supported this game, I find it terribly wrong if they do not fix this! The only option would be upgrade to a newer ipad that costs roughly $300-500. Ridiculous. Please resolve this issue soon please and thank you!
  • Options
    JdmlowkieJdmlowkie Registered Users 1,200 Posts
    Not just ipad two all devices run the new update really bad even my gf's android got updated and the same
  • Options
    Lol and I didn't get my turf car or gems this is gonna be fun for them
  • Options
    For the last event I did not get my turf car and gems we placed 29
  • Options
    Just a personal issue for me I messaged cie
  • Options
    brav0manbrav0man Registered Users 269 Posts
    It seems older Ipads get hit the worst. I feel as if they're working with apple to make you wanna upgrade to a newer device.
  • Options
    Chris.erChris.er Registered Users 131 Posts
    I use a I pad mini and the game play is really bad I can't do more then two races without getting booted
  • Options
    Nolan SpeerNolan Speer Registered Users 372 Posts
    Yeah the game is playable(to an extent) but I assure you the experience is very unpleasant at the moment.
  • Options
    DegooloDegoolo Registered Users 130 Posts
    Using ipad mini and the game also keep crashing =/ but my brother are using on android working great with him . The bad thing is that I cant login using my android cell phone coz its in the game center account haha
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    can i get in game names please? as well as screenshots?
  • Options
    I will do this shortly. My in game name is the same as forum name. Sk00linn00bz. I also sent you a pm regarding a separate issue fox. But the resolution is all distorted and way out of proportion.
  • Options
    Antcar1138Antcar1138 Registered Users 37 Posts
    My iPad 2 also won't play it properly. Game crashes after every 3-4 races.. Keep getting a -3 error as well. Or for some reason when I race people, I'll win and then the screen goes black and I have to reboot the game /: can't send more than 4 messages in a chat or I get booted off. Really not enjoying this at the moment /: hope it gets fixed soon..
  • Options
    ChrisChris Registered Users 110 Posts
    Get use to it!!!! CIE is a failure
  • Options
    here is the before fox image1_zpse8380b01.png

image_zps88c01e6d.png
  • Options
    here is the after

image3_zpsb4f63991.png

image2_zpscfbd937d.png

just straight screenshots. the new resolution is distorted and as you can see the objects are way too huge and clustered.
  • Options
    IllstanceIllstance Registered Users 226 Posts
    I have an Ipad 3 and I'm experiencing these same resolution problems...Along with extreme laggg throughout the entire interface..
    IGN:28Gramz
  • Options
    Fp67Fp67 Registered Users 118 Posts
    yup buttons are bloody gigantic. please fix asap
    name is foul prince 67
  • Options
    JonnyThreeWheelsJonnyThreeWheels Registered Users 657 Posts
    I'm using an iPhone 4s, which I just bought because I'm not exactly made of money. Game was running fine until update. Now all I can do is 1-3 races IF I'm lucky then I'm booted.
    IGN: JonnyThreeWheels
  • Options
    fox, if you see the pictures above where one I am in the parts screen, see this new one where they are distorted and enlarged.

photo_zps7aef0429.png

i also looked up and the ipad air has a larger resolution then the ipad 2, this could be part of the problem but it worked fine before... right now I can't even play.
  • Options
    FURTHEWINFURTHEWIN Registered Users 284 Posts
    IGN FURTHEWIN Everytime I start the game it crashes so I have to do it twice. Even with an iPad Air (retina display) it still is hard to look at, the car in the racing lobbies is almost covered by the UI.
  • Options
    Valient2000Valient2000 Registered Users 17 Posts
    Am using iPad Mini with retina screen running ios 7.1.2. So very frustrated that my "thing" (i.e. playing RR till ridiculous hours and having fun in the process) has been ruined. I've literally paid my way with regular contributions to CIE funds, with no gripes, I never begrudged them a penny for my gems cos I enjoyed the game. Now I can't play and really don't want to as it's simply too much trouble because of all the issues. I've lost cars and money simply cos buttons don't work and constant glitches.

It's all well and good for FOX and CIE etc to say send us reports and screenshots, really guys, you don't need to ask us to do that, play your own game on an ipad, ipad mini ect and see for yourself.

CIE want to go from earning money to BIG BUCKS and access Android market. You've done it and from what I can gather with some success, well done. But you have really said "screw you" to me an countless other Apple users who have PAID to enjoy the game and it seems from all the posts to date from CIE that it really is a case of this was a considered business decision, get over it. I was really annoyed to be told I had to change because it is a fait accompli. Okay, as I have said before, I'm upset as I've lost real money, not RR Cash but my bought and paid for gems, but more importantly I've lost my love for this game. I have said to CIE I'll come back in a week and see if you've managed to win me over BUT, sorry guys, I play on ios, on iPad, and I dont trust CIE any more that you have my interests at heart, you've sold out to the Android numbers, good for you but don't set there and tell me I shouldn't have a gripe and all is well.
  • Options
    Fp67Fp67 Registered Users 118 Posts
    also when youre racings, the gas pedal, shifters, and everything else takes up 99% of the view
  • Options
    valient im with you although i hope fox and the guys do something about it, it's a weird situation where the players have almost direct contact with the developers who actually engage us. he does take forever to reply but im sure hes inundated with other messages. especially after this bug. i actually cant believe they gave out the top 100 javelin's, we should all get them because the game has been unplayable.