Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

YOU DESTROYED THE GAME

KathrinKathrin Registered Users 10 Posts
Bring back the ratings.We can't play anymore.You have destroyed the game.
Prev1

Comments

• BeetleJuice™BeetleJuice™ Registered Users 114 Posts
    I hated it at first, but it's not so bad. I like it more now, a lot more. When I used to lose to guys -3 ratings below me, I'd be upset but now, I can't tell :) and I win alot more too :)
  • MaxedOutMaxedOut Registered Users 206 Posts
    Yeah I like it better this way, I race every body last night for a 1000.00 a race and won a lot lost a few, but can't win me all....
  • KathrinKathrin Registered Users 10 Posts
    But boys you don't know anything with who u racing.You maybe be in a rating 1649 lobby and the other have 1659 scoob.....I care very much about the street credits and i don't want to loose them from people with higher rating....
    I like it this way, my max bet is 1000.00. I mean if I'm na civic and a viper wants to race, I may be, it's only a 1000.00..... I won't pink any more.....in my real street car of u been to track and know. What it runs good for u, if not, race men and see....u will never win every race, always someone faster
    I really don't care anymore.I have just quit the game.Also i have a lot of cars and rare cars and most of them are maxed out.But really i don't like it.They destroyed to make more money.So they can keep their money and allll the other sh1et they have done to the game.I'm not the first one and not the last one.Many people we be quit the game.Thats from me
  • AllaynaAllayna Registered Users 533 Posts
    I didn't like it at first either but it really doesn't seem to be that bad IMO. I'm not really losing or winning any more than before. Plus u can keep an eye on the race replays and if you see a time you know you can't beat you can remember not to race them. Though definitely no more pinks.
    In my ratings i had i winning percent 80% at least and up....I was betting money but i was know where i was and where the other car also was....Now nothing...No one bets,scammers are all over the small ratings ( i join a room with rating 1614 and i found a guy with a stella and he was asking for pinks....)niceeeee.....Do u think this is nice?I really don't care about them and how they made the game.I was 9th in world rating for the tournaments,and guess what!!I delete their f****g app.They loose a customer and a player from this game.NICE WORK CIE!!
  • Hairy Moose KnucklesHairy Moose Knuckles Registered Users 109 Posts
    I don't care about ratings or street credit. What I hate is what they did to my 70 challenger. I had it timed just right and could shift it perfectly. They messed that up. Plus I used to stay in it all day, but it takes bad damage now. I have 3 challengers, I was on a couple of hours and all 3 had to go in for repairs. NOT COOL!!!
    Alla the things.I steel don't understand why they remove the ratings.With that way they helping the hackers and the scammers.If they don't update it many people will leave the game
  • NISMONISMO Registered Users 64 Posts
    I think we all have had a change of heart in regards to this update. Sure hackers ruin the game, and it was nice seeing who you were up against, but not knowing makes it more exciting. Besides, they are working hard to fix the hacker issue which is the main problem in this game in my opinion.
  • Decay™Decay™ Registered Users 46 Posts
    I don't have any issues with the gameplay, but seeing the ratings did make it easier to see the scammers. Hell I got called a scammer this morning cuz my 1615 civic type r beat a 1617 skyline gtr in a pinks race. Just call out the actually scammers in the lobby and they usually leave
    I agree with Decay!!Now you can't even say who is scamming and who not.We can see where we can play with others with the ratings.Its not more exciting because if the other has a fast car he can slow down in the end and not to see a real time...Also we can't see all the repalys...Jesus we will lost HOURS!I hate that they remove the ratings.I have many friends in the game and they are saying exact the same thing
  • roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    I hated it at first, but it's not so bad. I like it more now, a lot more. When I used to lose to guys -3 ratings below me, I'd be upset but now, I can't tell :) and I win alot more too :)

That's exactly what they want: no more complains about hackers, because you can't tell anymore.
    They can't get rid of hackers so they hide them...

And if you want to bet money now, you HAVE to load your car, and buy boost. So they make $$ selling GEMS...

Really smart in my opinion...
    I like it better.... If ur in a viper and someone in a civic try's to pink u.....ding ding that a hacker I watch the replay of races and see ppl time, I race any car for 0-1000.00. I have money, no fun in being scared..if I loss a 1000.00 no biggie I get it back on next race
  • VENOM650RVENOM650R Registered Users 3,319 Posts
    The replay U just saw is for 1645 Civic Si (full modified) vs 1636 viper (in other word stock) .. So it's a NATURAL thing that the modified Civic will beat a stock viper .. I agreed 100% with those who vote for getting the rating back as hiding those hackers or forcing players to buy their costly gems will not solve the problem .. It's strange that no administrator has replay on that post ..!!!!!!!!!
    I don't race for pinks, I don't care about the ratings , ratings means u wanna pick and chose ur races. Get a room and race. I've raced a lot of 1000.00 races won a lot of them and lost a few, can't win them all
    I have full maxed civic is and it's 1647. And my viper is 1661. So if I'm n my viper and a civic wants to pinks me, there's a red flag
    Guys they just want to buy people gems.Today i was running in rating 1641-1649 and i lost at least 20k from people from higher ratings....So what is better?To loose continiously from higher ratings?That its fun?I want to know that i'm racing in a specific class and rating....
    Maxedout also a civic at rating 1646 can pink a viper in the same rating so think what are u saying...Now u don't know what even happen....
  • CaprileoCaprileo Registered Users 12 Posts
    My fellow racers...it's pretty simple really. If an App has In-app purchases ranging up to $99.99. it's safe to say that that apps devs are only interested in one thing, your money not your happiness...sad but true.
    Caprileo wrote: »
    My fellow racers...it's pretty simple really. If an App has In-app purchases ranging up to $99.99. it's safe to say that that apps devs are only interested in one thing, your money not your happiness...sad but true.
    yes sir, u are absolutely correct. They have proved it time and again. You would think we would learn.
    Agree with Caprileo.So true...Sad but true...Shame to destroy the game. :(
    I even contacted them about this and was given a reply that more or less flat out says " we gots to get paid". That in itsself I don't have that big of an issue with but the way they put it was truely an insult to my intelligence when, if you have ever bought cash or gems, its obvious that its all about money when the package one up from the one you just purchased suddenly goes on sale. It's a buyer beware world my friends... and this game has created an enviorment where, if you don't empty your pockets, you're not gonna win. Sorry (not really) if I've bursted anyones bubble at RR but just tellin it as I see it.
    Kathrin if u need a fast car I give u one. Add me on game and I give u a car
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Okay I just played for the first time since the update.. I started off in my 1654 furai and got smoked 5x.. Before the update I would lose somewhere around once every 9 runs.. I decided to switch to a 1649 viper, no one would race me and would all chicken out. I decided to switch to a 1645 civic, I got smoked 3x by different cars. And when I say smoked, I mean by over a second faster.. The rating system needs to come back. I refuse to bet any money because of this. I used to play for hours, now once the "30 per day" races are over I'm done.
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    To be honest in my opinion this update is ok. I don't really like it its harder to race honest people. I don't mind it though. The only thing for me that bothers me is I have about 32 cars. I am not a scammer or a hacker but out of those 32 cars only 1 of them is actually mine. All the others I have won in pinks. They are all cars that I have wanted. I dont have money to buy gems for cars that I have wanted but racing for pinks was the ONLY way I could get them. Now I am not willing to risk my cars going to a scammer or a hacker so I have stopped racing for pinks. I dont have much money in the game either so 1,000 is a lot to me unlike some of you guys. And if you think theres not much scammers out there let me put it this way. Out of the 31 cars that I have won in pinks about 28 of those were from scammers coming into rooms that were way too low for their car. They were putting up times just like everyone else. The only way I knew what they were really running was from their rating... So although this update takes some getting use to it has majorly affected my gameplay and trying to do better in the game.
  • HausIsBossHausIsBoss Registered Users 248 Posts
    If they took the join out of friends, u could race in a room where skills matters not how big of a d o u c h e bag u can be by cheating others out of what they have. They have created an environment where hacking and cheating prevails!
    I am another one that used to stay on this game day and night. I really don't care for it lately. Sad. It was a pretty good game, now it's just ok. I'm currently trying out other games.
  • LareinajoyLareinajoy Registered Users 118 Posts
    This game is kind of realistic to me,, in real drag racing world legal or illegal, if you have the money you can purchase all upgrades and mods for your car and its a higher chances and advantage of winning. Drag racing is 80% money and 20% Drivers skills. Most likely similar to this game those who purchase cash n gems dominates this game and removing the ratings seems realistic to me, you cant really tell 100% whats under the hood of your opponents car. This is just a game lets enjoy it. Its your preference if you want to spend real money on it or not. Just an opinion
    Lareinajoy wrote: »
    This game is kind of realistic to me,, in real drag racing world legal or illegal, if you have the money you can purchase all upgrades and mods for your car and its a higher chances and advantage of winning. Drag racing is 80% money and 20% Drivers skills. Most likely similar to this game those who purchase cash n gems dominates this game and removing the ratings seems realistic to me, you cant really tell 100% whats under the hood of your opponents car. This is just a game lets enjoy it. Its your preference if you want to spend real money on it or not. Just an opinion

There's no question the actual game play is very good, but as it has been said more than once in these forums, this is a game that has been unbalanced by the cost of your options in game and the lack of dev support when it comes to the hackers/scammers. If you are the type of person with all the desposable cash at hand to buy all the gems and in game cash then sure you're set, otherwise...STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME!