Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Game Mechanics - Ratings

nobrakes4menobrakes4me Registered Users 310 Posts
Still a little green here, but are Ratings indicative of speed (roughly?) IE should a given lobby for the range of ratings be roughly the same speed even when you start spanning classes?

IE - Take a Maxed D or C class, vs a A, S, R of the same rating. My gut tells me the higher classes may have the upper hand? have not done any testing of this yet and figured someone may already know.

Comments

• Options
    VIKINGSSOULVIKINGSSOUL Registered Users 52 Posts
    This is what used to be interesting with the game, prior to the update. Running detuned cars in open class events, like turbo or SC. In some cases (lower ratings) a properly tuned D or C class car will win most races...but it holds true if you find the magic combo of parts on an a, s or r class you could be faster, but not always! Thanks to the update this game is dead, so this conversation is really only for fun.
  • Options
    nobrakes4menobrakes4me Registered Users 310 Posts
    Ok, so what I am getting it that technically any 2 cars with a similar (and properly tuned) rating should be able to be in the same range
  • Options
    VIKINGSSOULVIKINGSSOUL Registered Users 52 Posts
    Cars of same rating are in same class but may run different speeds depending on tunings. For example, my 1650 ford focus titanium runs 9.84. I have run against 1650 focus running 10.9, because they installed the wrong parts. Likewise I've won say mustang gt in pinks running 10.5 at same rating and have lost cars to GT's running 9.6 at same rating. Ratings are more a part count than a speed rating. The focus starts at lower rating so can accept more parts to make 1650, where a viper can accept less because stock it begins at a higher rating. Hard to explain in text. But simply if I pick the right 20 parts in my focus and you pick the wrong 5 in your viper, I get more power/speed and win. Clear as mud??
  • Options
    warningxwarningx Registered Users 400 Posts
    that answers his question, I believe. But not mine. Haha. I just want to know what classes can get into what lobbies
  • Options
    warningxwarningx Registered Users 400 Posts
    Omg. How is this so difficult to understand my simple question. I don't understand the lobby rating system. Some people say it goes up by 5's, .5's, I don't get it.