Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Why buy someone else's tunes?

DEMENTEDSOLDIER0DEMENTEDSOLDIER0 Registered Users 202 Posts
Why not just save your money and make your own?

Comments

• Options
    zondamanzondaman Registered Users 378 Posts
    Unfortunately a lot of players don't grasp the tuning aspect of the game as quickly as others so they fall for the "buy tunes here" stuff. I never charge a single cent for my tunes. I just do it in private message. Tuning also takes a lot of time and practice and most don't want to put in the time. Guys like me, Rabbit, Shinbeats and several other long time players spend a lot of time and gems tuning cars and the results show. Pretty much all of us are sitting on the record books in multiple cars for record times. Zero stress tuning is super easy. Nothing to it at all. I've recently just started turf and lobby tuning. It's not too hard at all really. I've went to the guys in the facebook groups that tune specifically for turf and they've helped me a great deal and didn't charge a dime for it. I heard someone say on here not to long ago that max tuning was easy...wrong. It's not. Some cars are pretty straight forward but others take a great deal of work to get the right combo of parts to get the fastest time out of them. The Silvia and Datsun are the 2 that come to mind first for crazy, off the wall tunes. Those 2 cars just about drove me nuts. You can't always go by the graph chart when adding a part. The graph is a good starting point and will get you close but some cars are weight dependent and others are power dependent. The graph doesn't show that. That comes from trying different parts to see what works best. If max tuning was as easy and straight forward as some think it is then everyone in the game would be running record times or at least close to it. They're not. Back to the original subject...paying for tunes is ridiculous. Especially when there are plenty of people on here that give them out for free. Every tune I give out is the exact tune I use on my record setting cars or what the other guys have set records with. We share info with each other so that we are all on the same page. That's the advantage of being in the facebook groups. All of the big players hang out there and we all share info. So, you are absolutely right...why pay for it when there are players that will either give you the tune you need or teach you how to tune for free.
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply and your knowledge, I don't claim to be the best tuner and I will never, but I create my own turf tunes and give them away to my team mates that need them. I will say though my tunes can beat a lot of the people I see in lobbies, if people would give more advice and not charge for tunes it would be so much more competitive.
  • Options
    I asked for advice and I got it awhile back and I give away the advice I learned to others no need to be greedy.
  • Options
    scootdillascootdilla Registered Users 101 Posts
    Well I have just read your article and I would like to ask a question why is supplying a service wrong in your article you stated the gems and difficulty and art of tuning well some one such as my self thinks my time and my gems are valuable and if I can save a person the time and money why shouldn't I be compensated for it you are right there are a lot of GREAT individuals on here who will help and teach I've given more tunes away then I've sold but most of the racers that need tunes don't desire to make the extra effort to go to lobbies got to chats buy 5 of the same car to see if different concepts work etc etc but they are willing to pay and go fast and be done so before you knock those of us who are making an honest living on here consider this message
  • Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    Ppl buy those tunes thinking they can win all pinks. Its easy to tune a car to max in whatever lobby you needed it to be in. Winning is all about picking your opponents.
  • Options
    Fortuna3Fortuna3 Registered Users 37 Posts
    Very well put ZONDA MAN u r very helpful! Reaction and shift points are key! That's a fact!
  • Options
    NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
    Fairly new, love this game....Drop Launching ??? Please Explain???
  • Options
    Big Mac McLovinBig Mac McLovin Registered Users 81 Posts
    Drop launching is the technique of revving the engine to max and then letting go of the pedal at a certain point in the lights so when you press launch on the green light you achieve a perfect launch.

One of the guys in the forum has a stickied thread about it at the top of the tip and tricks page which has videos for different cars.