Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Another retired racer

SnowPiggehhSnowPiggehh Registered Users 10 Posts
This update has definitely opened the eyes of many players; myself included.

From lurking through the forums as I've played this game over the course of many months now, I believe it's safe to say that I honestly doubt it'll open the eyes of the members at CIE. What they say goes.. it's that simple. Their players have no voice in regards to their desires for a better gameplay. CIE think they know what's best, but you can't possibly INSIST that you know best when your fans are thrown into a frenzy... regardless if the intend was good and if it makes sense (a joined server for droid & iOS makes it easier for YOU to manage the game, but WE suffer from the side effects). It's evident that CIE doesn't know how to go about certain things or perhaps their priorities aren't intact (you release a failed forced update a few hours before turfs? *mindblown*).

I too have come to terms that this game is totally unplayable. I usually play with two phones, iPhone 5 and 4s. I have also come to terms with the fact that I've spent A LOT of my hard earned money to help fund this game in hopes that CIE wakes up and fix the issues that has been arising and/or has already been there for sometime now. What has been spent has been spent. I will no longer compete and fund this game (along with many other racers).

Listen to your fans CIE. Here our cries. Your numbers are dwindling and your reviews has taken a turn for the worst for the overall app. If you want to come to terms with the fact that you'll lose many racers in your community because you stand by a seemingly logical update that obviously renders the app utterly useless... then so be it. There are plenty other racing games out there with a better fan base with admins who strives to serve their people.

You request that your fan-base gives you time in regards to the update and the issues along with it. It's understandable that with time, whether good or bad, takes time to adjust. So go ahead and take your time and hope that it turns out for the better. But until then, your app wont be touched by this racer.

Good luck in your trials and errors CIE, hopefully you'll wake up and learn from them.

Comments

• Options
    MaxedOutMaxedOut Registered Users 206 Posts
    We'll said, I tried to play today and game shit off about 100times, Every 2-5 min...game s slow...cars sound crappy....stuff being bigger doesn't work .after I collect my turf prizes n morning I'm taking a real from game ...game was cool until update ....I was on at. Work at home and where ever I could