Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Seeking Knowledge

NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
So I've been playing the game now a couple of weeks and I am addicted, I like that it has many layers to it that have to be figured out. I like that there are people that want to help people learn the game and those that want to get paid.... well they will NEVER get my money.

I have a couple of questions though......

1. What is Street Cred (SC) ?....Is it important?.... What is it used for, if anything?

2. What are the differences between the different set ups..Maxed, Lobby, and Turf? (I'm getting pretty good at Maxed using the WT/HP formula)

3. Lobbies??? Is that the different tracks or is that something different???

4. Last question..... Is there any Facebook pages that I can join that do not charge a fee??? Something else that I will NOT pay for.

Thank You in advance.

Comments

• Options
    protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    1. Street cred isn't important. Cool picture! That looks like a new species of reptile.

2. Congratulations on the max.

3. The different tracks

4. Just leave all RR Facebook pages because they cloud your news feed.

- Pr0
  • Options
    Big Mac McLovinBig Mac McLovin Registered Users 81 Posts
    I'm fairly new as well but I'll share what I know

Street cred is basically a measure for how long someone has been racing multiplayer for. Sometimes can give you a small clue to a racers skill but not all the time as people are always making new accounts and starting over. Building it up does allow for you to complete a couple of the sponsor goals though.

I asked this in a thread a couple of weeks ago and basically a max time brings the car to its full potential and fastest time, usually at the expense of a ton of engine stress as far as I can tell. Turf tunes are specifically built for turf wars and what ever the criteria for that day or lobby might be. Which leads me to lobbies....

I'm not sure how it works in multiplayer but in turf wars the lobbies are split by car ratings. The rating usually go up in 5's, so you'll have rating 1640-1645 in one lobby and 1645.5-1650 in a separate lobby to keep the competition. I'm not sure if those rating are exact but you can find the details in the tips and tricks forum I believe.

Zondaman suggested some pages to me in a thread, bear with me and I'll get the links...

EDIT; ''Big Mac McLovin- just search racing rivals on the facebook search and it'll bring up tons of groups. The main ones most of us stay in are Racing Rivals Market, Racing Rivals Legit, Racing Rivals World Records, Racing Rivals Asians, RECORDS of racing Rivals, Racing Rivals Underground, Racing Rivals 100 and Racing Rivals BUY SELL TRADE.'' - Zondaman
  • Options
    NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
    Thanks guys for the answers but I am still left wondering what the difference is between a MAX Tuned car and a Turf Tuned car is? I know Turf Tuned is for TURF WARS but still don't understand the difference. Why not take a Max Tuned car to Turf Wars???
  • Options
    EnCRypTedEnCRypTed Registered Users 644 Posts
    Turf has set lobbies. Max car in a certain lobby is like 1635-1640-1645-1650-1656-1663-1668-max. A max D class at 1649/1650 probably will lose to a 1650 B class. Car max at 1652 for example would be in 1656 lobby
  • Options
    protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    NavyVet wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the answers but I am still left wondering what the difference is between a MAX Tuned car and a Turf Tuned car is? I know Turf Tuned is for TURF WARS but still don't understand the difference. Why not take a Max Tuned car to Turf Wars???

Trust me don't ever enter turf wars. Any questions on that?