Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Orange bar -slow connection

Scotty265Scotty265 Registered Users 107 Posts
Can't race now due to the orange bar saying slow connection.

Comments

• WolfmavWolfmav Registered Users 58 Posts
    Yea. Same thing has been happening to me. I checked my net speed its doin pretty good but when i play it says slow connection.
  • Darkd00mDarkd00m Registered Users 2,685 Posts
    Same here! My signal strength is great! And yet still orange bars!
  • SaltyskroobSaltyskroob Registered Users 172 Posts
    After i Join a lobby I get one crack at a race before this occurs. go to garage and rejoin, it will look fine, but then I have one chance to elect a player and challenge before the orange bar re-appears.

This is with WIFI and cell service
    Salty I am also having this exact issue! Wtf?
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Sometimes exiting and re joining will help, also sometimes going into the daily challenge and racing or fouling will help..
    Ty mud digger I'll try it but seems like I can't even get a race In anymore
    Nope none of that helped I fouled 2 times and right after I got slow connection... Is it possible to uninstall? Without losing all my cars?
    Uninstalled and reinstalled and still not working. This sucks!
  • BORIL BGBORIL BG Registered Users 827 Posts
    Same here .......
  • Depper78Depper78 Registered Users 11 Posts
    I'm having the same problem, checked my wifi, good phone service... I didn't have this issue, as well as many other new issues until this last update. It's very frustrating. I just want to enjoy the game.
    I agree! And I am trying new things to help this problem! If anyone finds a solution please let me know!
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Maybe they are pushing an update, I'll stay hopeful this is the resason.
  • NeinougenNeinougen Registered Users 9 Posts
    I'm assuming it's either a patch or caused by the mass amount of people doing special offers
    It's been like this for 2 days now .... I've done everything I can to get it to work. Not letting me race at all. Getting really frustrated.
  • ten2one againstten2one against Registered Users 2 Posts
    I get an orange "connection too slow" bar as well, both when I am on a 4G and a fiber wifi connection...??? I just did a test on the wifi, and I'm running a ping of 8ms, download at 27.61 Mbps and upload of 29.22 Mbps. But apparently that connection is "too slow" for Racing Rivals? Somehow I think there is a bug somewhere.

Also, like Darkd00m, this has been happening for about the last two days. I've also been having other connection issues, with the game freezing up during play, or freezing on startup at "resolving races." I've tried clearing data and cached files with no luck.
  • Scotty265Scotty265 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Last time this was happening it was cie's network.
  • Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    Scotty265 wrote: »
    Last time this was happening it was cie's network.
    No... Lutz and the RR gang always blame a bottleneck in the web, it has nothing to do with their servers.
    Whatever it is it's really frustrating. and the expected reply time for CIE is 10 days lmfao...
  • calislimcalislim Registered Users 23 Posts
    This slow connection to on thing really sucks. Been going through this for a couple days now.
    Ok so I have some advice, when u get the orange slow connection people are still able to challenge you, so I just raced a couple races and it found a stronger signal. 1 race after it got signal it started back up again! So really have no idea if we can get they this without them fixing it.
    Also what's funny is the races I have been doing lately have been kind of working... There are so many other small issues on top of not even being Able to
    Even able to play
  • Professordank24Professordank24 Registered Users 600 Posts
    They are putting new servers so that this problem is resolved until then we just have to be patient
  • Ace of SkillsAce of Skills Registered Users 247 Posts
    Same stuff Is happening to me. Orange bar is irritating. And it just started doing that earlier today, but I can say, I have been noticing a few improvements here and there in the game. My biggest downfall is that I still crash when people challenge me or when I'm looking in someone's garage. I'll be patient for a little bit.