Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

pinks glitch

KEVINCVST310KEVINCVST310 Registered Users 28 Posts
Today I accepted a challenge for pinks. The timer counted down in the preliminary screen and eventually hit 0 after accepting the challenge. I waited about 10 minutes until eventually I restarted the game. Upon the game starting up the game prompted me a screen with the option to buy my car back. I had lost the car. I didn't even get to race. I joined the room that the other racer was in a d brought up what happen. He said he also lost his car. But upon further investigation I found that he indeed had his car and also my car in his garage. I have screen shots to provide proof upon request. Can anyone help me out to this or point me in the right direction to get this issue resolved fairly?

Comments

• Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    You are going to be told your device lost connection
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Send in a ticket via the game or via the website at www.ciegames.com

Include as much info as possible including your racer name, the car you lost (year, make, model), when the race took place, and the name of your opponent.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    Ryyst.... it happened to me twice in the last week alone.. Unfortunatly, when it happens and you have to log off then back on..... it never shows who you raced, to the server, the race never happened. So according to the RR customer service reps, your making the whole thing up!!! I did send in a ticket, but I always get told to bad.
  • Options
    As a follow up to better explain, when I go to my friends list and click recently raced, the person you lost your car to doesnt show up at all.
  • Options
    goldtop sorry to hear that bro. fortunately for me i remembered the guys name and when i went back into the room he was still there. so i have screenshots of the whole conversation. even screen shots of when the game froze.

thanks rryst i appreciate your feedback. i provided screen shots but failed to provide details of the car. screenshots show everything though, make and model of car and also opponents IGN.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Honestly screenshots don't really help unless its to show us who you raced.

IN order of importance.... here are things that should be in your email...
    Racer name:
    Car Used: (year make and model please)
    When the incident took place:
    Description of the issue:
    Opponents Name:

It's more important to that we know as much as possible. It's all in the details. Be specific, if your message is really vague, chances are we're gonna send you a "more info" reply.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    I have we'll over 400 cars. Why on earth would I bother to make up a story about a missing civic??. You'd think they would look at my cash and car supply, time spent here and just give a replacement...... Going through all that red tape, waiting for weeks, then getting a stock civic isn't worth the hassle. I can start the game now and within 2 minutes win a pink and get it replaced that way.
  • Options
    heat burnout 323heat burnout 323 Registered Users 619 Posts
    Normally it happens to me. I restart it after it at 0 after about 10sec of waiting and no problem
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind next time I run into this issue agajn
  • Options
    shahidshahid Registered Users 3,173 Posts
    Yeah that happen to me too i have a screenshots of it but how dö i get it in here need help With pic
  • Options
    Sun of RaSun of Ra Registered Users 43 Posts
    What of you dont know who raced? I just lost my car. I did send in my name, car description, time of loss and a screen shot of the countdown to zero showing my car. Logged back on to a blank recently raced screen.
  • Options
    ImmortalRacingImmortalRacing Registered Users 121 Posts
    Ok rr noob, I lost 50 odd cars in pinks in the past two weeks to various racers at various times of the day/night, how, can I ever get any of these back from cie?? Your right, I can't, instead I email apple and tell them how crap and disappointed I am in your game, show them proof of me loosing cars to pink slip races and it giving errors and guess what APPLE REFUNDED ME MY MONEY. - goes to show a successful company and a crap one which will very soon #decease..
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. And if im on andriod, its google games that I have to contact for my refund?
  • Options
    I have found today google games will also refund your money and show you where you can make a complaint about apps. Its wrong to pay for things in game and lose them because of errors in the game, wait two weeks then struggle with cie to get what you paid real money for. And they know all along this problem exists.
  • Options
    twrigtwrig Registered Users 4 Posts
    I understand both sides of this argument. Unfortunately for me...I too was on the bad end. I have no screenshots to prove it, but I lost my best car in the same fashion. Probably a junk car to many of you. But to a newer player like me, its a death sentence. After seeing the hoops one must jump through to get your car back because of a programming flaw...easiest solution is to delete the game. Sad because its a fun game. But poor programming & poor customer support leads to unhappy players.
  • Options
    image.php?userid=6&thumb=1&dateline=1403224567
    #8.2

[RR] Ryyst commented
    [COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]07-21-2014, 17:56[/COLOR]

So basically what you are asking us to do is to simply believe everyone and anyone when they say, "I lost my car"?

Is that what you want us to do?

No need to verify that you actually did lose the car, or that you lost the car due to such and such reason. If everyone said, I lost my Ford GT-R, we should just give them out to everyone.

Is that what you would like us to do?

Is it really that hard to provide us with the answers to some very simple, logical and easy questions?

All we really need is:

Your Racer Name - should be a given right? Afterall we need to know who you are and what account you are referring to.
    The Car you used: - You selected your car, you raced your car, is it too much to ask you to tell us what car that is? Year, make and model?
    When you raced - Again, you were the one who raced. We don't really need it down to the second, but a general time helps us find the race.
    Detailed Description - We need to know what happened. Again, is that really too much to ask? I mean, you do want us to help you, don't you? Why make it difficult for us?

That's basically it. I mean, we would love to know the name of your opponent too, but with the 4 pieces of information above, we can look into your issue.

We're not really asking for much.

Unfortunately, when a person takes the time to email all that stuff, you still don't offer a replacement to the majority of people. You want me to post a survey asking how many people got a replacement vs a sorry letter?? This is exactly why once people find out that apple offers refunds on money spent here, that use that option. Actually, apple will offer several refunds with a supervisors approval.

• Options
    Ive gotten help once in all the emails ive sent. I lost 50k and I was returned 10k even after I sent in all the correct info asked for. Your statements dont pan out with me Ryyst . And if you guys fixed the game. The vast majority of people wont be losing cars and money. There will always be liars but your doing honest people wrong. This problem for you guys was created by yourselves.
  • Options
    My friend recieved this response from support just today after winning a pinks race with a gem bought car. And the opponent recieving a time of 000.00. And screen shoot showing results. Lame and wrong imo. Hello, Thank you for contacting Racing Rivals Support! We have received your request for a vehicle refund; unfortunately we are unable to grant this re quest. Please keep in mind that Pink Slip and Cash Bet races in Racing Rivals are non-refundable and cannot be reversed. When you choose to put your cas h or car on the line, you are accepting the risk of potentially losing them. Please be very sure you wish to take a chance on a Pink Slip or Cash Bet, a s these transactions are final. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Please be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! Regards
  • Options
    LethalmissLethalmiss Registered Users 7 Posts
    Sun of Ra wrote: »
    Ive gotten help once in all the emails ive sent. I lost 50k and I was returned 10k even after I sent in all the correct info asked for. Your statements dont pan out with me Ryyst . And if you guys fixed the game. The vast majority of people wont be losing cars and money. There will always be liars but your doing honest people wrong. This problem for you guys was created by yourselves.

Couldn't have said it better.