Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

So I played RR on my buddies Samsung S5........

2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
And I can tell you iOS players are getting screwed!!! The game is night and day difference on his Android phone, if there was any lag it wasn't noticeable. The game is smooth, easy running and much more fluid, really pissed me off.
OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

Comments

• Options
    lrmest1991lrmest1991 Registered Users 864 Posts
    that is some

right there >.< the game was working just fine for iOS and now its poop. "give us 1-2 weeks to work on it" well guess what its been 2 weeks and we are still getting
    over!!!! cie fix your

!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Yea I was really pissed off, he had just got the phone Tuesday and was at work messing around with it. I said "hey man can I download a racing game?" He said yea sure, I explained the game and told him how fun it was...... got him a Civic si, raced myself on my Iphone 4S to transfer some cash to him so I could beat D class and pink myself a car to turf race. So after D class campaign I pink myself a Nissan 300Z, keep in mind I have several of these with the same tune for turf and have best times. Put him on a random team just to race in turf...... the same 1655 rated 300Z on my Iphone 4S went 9.57 best without gems...... on his phone that car went 9.49 with reaction times below .012!!!!! unbelievable how smooth the game ran, felt like I was playing on a PC,
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    This is true, I use my android tablet to race now, my iPhone 5 is crap compared to the tablet. BUT, there are still a ton on android devices that this game will chew up and spit out. It's gotta be a good device.
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    and since that update, I can't see my garage for more than a few seconds before I crash... :-(

(on my 4S)
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    And during the Android launch we had Android players saying the same things.

Look guys, we're transitioning to simply coding for iOS and Android separately to being able to code at the same time. So there may be some hiccups that a handful of testing devices couldn't find during our testing that pop up during live. It's not like we sat here and said, "How do we make it worse for iOS?" No, we want both devices to work well. So it may take time, but we are going to get there. We should have an update before the end of the month that should resolve a lot of the issues.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Samson51Samson51 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Wow a month. WTF happened to two weeks after the update. This getting to be a joke. All the problems with the lag, crashing timing out. What has CIE done to resolve all the losses of gems and cars that people have spent there hard earned money on.
  • Options
    Samson51Samson51 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Yes we know it is always Apples fault every thing takes so long
  • Options
    protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    I have an explanation.galaxy s5 is the best phone on the market. IPhone 4s is extremely outdated as well as the iPhone 5. When the iPhone 6 comes out you can expect it run the game better. Also Google is an extremely much more success company than Apple, with Google stocks soaring, their phones are programmed much better.
  • Options
    HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    Lol,, fixed the hicups within A month, yeah sure.. Well these news finnally did it, im retiring after this turf. You guys at cie are as i statet before freaking ignorants.... Im out
  • Options
    what started as "one or two weeks", is slowly getting one or two months...
  • Options
    CheetaturboCheetaturbo Registered Users 98 Posts
    The problem is that they imported the Android issues to the IOS. It was very smooth before. In fact one bug in the Android was some low end nimbers cars could rev limit but switched between red and green, while the ios they were a steady green. now both do the same issue switching green and red
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    So technically we said it would ROUGHLY take 2 weeks... that was on the 8th. As today is the 18th, that means Lutz posted that 10 days ago... not a month. So, we're still on track to have it submitted in roughly two weeks since we said it.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    right after people noticed they couldn't play anymore, some of you said it would take one or two weeks to fix it. Then one week later, it was another two weeks. Now it "before the end of the month". This month has 31 days, so here we go for another two weeks...
  • Options
    red fuelred fuel Registered Users 155 Posts
    Roestreyev is 100% right with what he just said. The shit update cie released was right around the 24 hour tw n that was on the Monday b4 July 4th. I guess every time cie makes a new post about time line the date changes.
  • Options
    red fuelred fuel Registered Users 155 Posts
    Plus when most all the iOS players told cie that they will only ffuck the game up by adding andriod to the mix. Guess what they did.
  • Options
    Avante XAvante X Registered Users 238 Posts
    If you have a flagship device from Android, RR will work really well on it.

I have an LG G2 which has the Snapdragon 800 processor with 2 GB of RAM. Sure my phone gets hot pretty quick since it has 450+ pixels per inch on the display, but the game runs nicely.

I cannot fathom how anyone can play this game on a small phone screen. Seriously. Switch to Android.
  • Options
    SIMBASONSIMBASON Registered Users 606 Posts
    My iPhone 5s is absolute rubbish, I want to blame my smashed screen but I know it's not just that. My brand new iPad 4th on the same connection lags like a prego biatch... Wats goin on cie