Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

The one thing CIE should consider

BOSTON STRONGBOSTON STRONG Registered Users 7 Posts
I felt the need to join the forums and make this post. I really hope the staff will greatly consider this. I'm not going to go on a rant about minor issues or things like that. I've been playing Racing Rivals since September. I've never been forums person. Most of you probably all know me though. I started out close to the games launch. Since that time the game has really grown for the better. CIE added great features and cool new cars. First teams, then turf wars, then prize cars, and recently added unwrapped cars for 26-100th place. All great things and fun challenges to work towards. Yes there's been issues along the way. Every game runs into them. Phones, consoles, and PC games all get problems. Most of which are hardly fixed over night. They address the issues that come up and fix them. That being said the biggest problem with the game continues to be ignored. What is this problem? It's money. The in game coins. Daily challenged, sponsor bonus, and shift money is basically nothing. $1,000,000 sells for $100. Has anyone actually ever bought that lol. Let's do the math. Say you have a stress free r class car and nail all your shifts. At the end of the race you get $625 coins. Now look at the cost of stock cars. Them add on the cost to max them. R class cars to buy and max is roughly $2,000,000 that would take you 3,200 races of getting perfect shifts. I've been playing long enough to have a nice garage full of good cars. However what about new players. They don't stand a chance at winning all these fancy prize cars. If 20 staff members of CIE were to start accounts today and make a team. How long would it take you to make it to the top 100? To be honest you'd most likely lose interest and quit. Have one staff member start a brand new account and try to earn enough coins to buy an RWB Stella and max it. It would realistically take that staff member at least a month of grinding out shifts, daily challenges, and sponsor bonuses all for one car. The more in game coins racers have the more enjoyment they get out of the game. They can battle it out in turf wars and actually stand a chance. They can but their favorite cars and upgrade them however they want. New paint job, nice rims, body kits, and performance parts. People play racing games to have fun. They want cool cars they customize and bring it to the track and drive it fast. It's also a win for you at CIE. Look at your stats on gems bought vs coins bought. If more players had coins they'd buy more gems. While not everyone would a good amount would buy gems to boost in turf. Maybe purchase a ZR1 or Nismo since they actually have the coins to buy parts for it. Instead of adding cars or coins to your accounts try being like us for a week. Don't add cars or coins to your accounts. Try to earn them the way we have too. Trust me there's nothing fun about racing a stock gts-r against the final boss over and over for days just to buy one car stock.

Comments

• Options
    AKUMANO ZAKUMANO Z Registered Users 36 Posts
    i agree with u. i have the scion fr-s spec and i am planning to buy the rx-7 spec but its just too much u cant keep doing perfect shifts for the rest of ur life i started playing long time ago when there were still showing viecle stats yes the game improved but they still havent solved the balence problem . PLEASE CIE!!!! MAKE THE DAILY AT LEAST 5000 COINS! OR WELL NEVER MAKE IT !!! EVEN THE RACES IN REAL LIFE GIVE MORE!!!
    second thing is u should put a practice track in the game like u did in nitto legends for a fee of course it will help us getting used to a new car witout loosing reputaton.
    last thing u should not allow pinks against lower class cars e.g a tc against a gt-r only tc vs tc or tc vs civic si it will balance the game a lot more cuz peaple are just adding fake lower class friends and pinkslipping naive tc's
  • Options
    PIGP3NPIGP3N Registered Users 212 Posts
    The money glitch was the best thing to ever happen to this game. If I had not stumbled upon the money duping process back in January I would NOT be playing today buying gems. I would have completely lost interest in Racing Rivals and would be playing Call of Duty right now. No way would I ever consider paying $100 for and in game purchase when I can buy a new game with all additional content for $60. I'm sure many people would agree with me here on this topic. Many new players are still reaping the rewards of money duping to this very day when they purchase a mill for $7.50. I'm sure if this residual money wasn't for sale cheap they too would have grown bored and moved on to other cheaper games.
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I posted something similar in the selling vitual goods/currency sticky PIGP3N
  • Options
    Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    Welcome to the msg board my dear friend boston. Hope you enjoy your stay. See u back on FB. Shalom
  • Options
    NJFINESTNJFINEST Registered Users 252 Posts
    I said the same thing months ago. If they lower to price to $10 for 2 mill or even 1 mill they wouldnt have to worry about people tryin to find cash hacks and glitches and everyone can b on the same page if mills were priced more reasonable. But they dont wana listen to me