Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Gonna RANT some

2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
So is this the only way for people to make money now? Selling Turf tunes? It really pisses me off all these people hard up for money they sell tunes that hit a certain number in certain lobbies, some of us have been on this game for over a year and took time out to figure these tunes out...... now we have noobs coming in buying tuned cars or tunes, hopping in turf lobbies running a number that ony veteran player should be running. Nothing like taking all the fun and skill out of the game, "hey I'm gonna buy his car or tunes cause it hits 9.5 in a 50 lobby" ridiculous.
OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

Comments

• aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    if they want to sell their tunes that great. but i never charge anyone for tunes. i figure if i scratch someones back they would scratch mine as well when needed. here is a best way for people to get vet's tune is by racing them and hopefully they end up winning the car. thats how i got most of my tunes by winning the car.
  • zondamanzondaman Registered Users 378 Posts
    I understand what you're saying, that's why I never charge for my set ups. However, giving someone the set up I use doesn't always guarantee they will get the same times as I do. I've said it before, the best tune in the world does no good if the person can't drive the car properly. And from what I see in the lobbies there are a lot of noob players that can't drive the cars to save their lives. I mean no disrespect to those guys, but it's the truth. Prime example- I raced in a lobby a couple of nights ago against a guy who had a maxed BMW M3 GT2. He couldn't get lower than 7.4's with it. I was smoking him with my FRS R Spec...the slowest R Class car in the game, lol. He tried calling me a cheat and what not. I just told him he needed to learn how to drive because if he did he would be running 6.9's in that car. So yeah, noobs may not be putting in the work most of us veterans have as far as tuning goes, but they can't drive very well either. That's why I don't worry about it too much. But I definitely see where you are coming from.
  • DEMENTEDSOLDIER0DEMENTEDSOLDIER0 Registered Users 202 Posts
    I agree 100% im still sort of new to the game been at it for about 4-6 months, but I have put forth the effort and time to create my own tunes it's not hard. maybe instead of selling tunes give advice and let them figure it out, I asked for advice and someone helped me and now I can tune to lower rated lobbies such as 35-45 pretty well. I've actually givin a few of my tunes away to people that were struggling, I'm not the best but I help with advice I WOULD NEVER SELL A TUNE!
  • R311R311 Registered Users 221 Posts
    It gives me a good laugh whenever cie sets the lobby rating to an obscure range.. Lol u will see a sudden surge of players split 2 directions.. The REAL players will hit the upgrade area, while the kids will rush to the forums looking for a specificly spec'd car. Lol!!
  • R311R311 Registered Users 221 Posts
    All my cars dont have any specific tunes aside the ones that are MAXED.. I tune every car i turf with down to the last .05 of the lobby's limit.. My gems only gets a break when cie decides not to switch the lobby ranks up every few hours.. Lol

My advice to ppl buying Tunes:

To those buying maxed setups: stop being bad.. All u need are eyes and common sense to achieve this on ur own!

To those buying turf tunes: stop being bad. Turf lobby ratings ChAnges!! Save ur cash for gems instead.

I never charge for tunes... Hmu if any of u need help.. But im more inclined to teach u how to fish then giving u a fish ;)
  • xavi€rxavi€r Registered Users 106 Posts
    Good points im been playing same day 1 and im been in the forum same day 1 too and I still cant drive or tune I play when I have time off but working ot every week I don't spent 20 hours at week playing and I have no other way to keep but I ask for tunes or copy other ppl tunes