Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Gem Price Difference between Android and iOS?

POT HOLEPOT HOLE Registered Users 20 Posts
this is just a question as to why android users pay less for gems then iOS user, its not fair to the iOS user. is there a reason why? i, along with many iOS user would like to pay the same price as the android users. thanks for taking your time to listen.

Comments

• Options
    Pack N PetePack N Pete Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 163 Posts
    WOW! Whats the pricing and gem amount for anroid vs ios users? This just keeps getting better....
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    Also interested in an explanation for the price difference.
  • Options
    HappyfucHappyfuc Registered Users 240 Posts
    pisses me off just show its not an equal playing field. android has 69.99 for 5200 gems and us ios guys have to pay 99.99 for 5200 This cant even be legal.
  • Options
    HappyfucHappyfuc Registered Users 240 Posts
    let alone when tuning cars and spending money the part u bought doesnt install and u have to pay again to install. I have lost big $$$$ tuning cars that i already tuned. its like paying twice or three time for a part. this is a game and supposed to be fun.. but its just a ripoff and no fun anymore.
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    We have something planned very soon for other platforms as well. Keep your eyes peeled.
  • Options
    Mseat68Mseat68 Registered Users 40 Posts
    It's just gonna rub salt in the wound if your "plan" is to do a 30% off for Halloween. Because, not only will android have cheaper prices, but they'll get the 30% off as well.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    So the reality is, Google and Apple and Facebook are not friends. Sometimes we can do something with Apple, but not Google. Sometimes it's the reverse. This just so happened to be a Google deal with us. So we are working on something for the other platforms. At that time, its more likely that Google will not have a sale, but only iOS and Facebook will. We do not really favor one over the other. It's just how the business works.

Sometimes Xbox gets a cool character for a game, and PS and Nintendo doesn't. Sometimes PS gets the cool thing. Its all about dealing with the platforms you want your game on.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n2064217]So the reality is, Google and Apple and Facebook are not friends. Sometimes we can do something with Apple, but not Google. Sometimes it's the reverse. This just so happened to be a Google deal with us. So we are working on something for the other platforms. At that time, its more likely that Google will not have a sale, but only iOS and Facebook will. We do not really favor one over the other. It's just how the business works.

Sometimes Xbox gets a cool character for a game, and PS and Nintendo doesn't. Sometimes PS gets the cool thing. Its all about dealing with the platforms you want your game on.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking it was something along the line of that, i know you guys would make it even but due to contracts and what not, its just not possible. apple app store also gets money from the sales of gems so yeah i can see why we don't get a discount, its not RR fault, its apples fault. just like the cars we get. licensing and fees and all that crap plays into part of what cars we get. i understand on the business perspective so i guess its all gooooood
  • Options
    ok so whats going to happen with the price difference??? because i am really thinking about buying an android platform to play the game.