Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

New launch method possibly worth trying...???

Josh A Tx TruckrJosh A Tx Truckr Registered Users 66 Posts
I'll explain new method, then give reasoning.
New method would consist of hitting the accelerator at a certain point during light sequence then releasing at another point in light sequence. May sound complicated but we already practice all the time for the other ways, so I feel like this wouldn't be hard to pick up on.
Now for the reasoning behind this. When you're holding down accelerator pre light sequence, the needle wavers at red line. If it were stationary, it would allow for a more exact launch every time, but because it wavers ever so slightly, it can cause the slightest imperfection, and flirting with that thin line is the difference between best time or a whole second slower due to spin out. Accelerating up and dropping down once perfected would be a more precise way as the up is a steady constant and the drop is a steady constant. It's just a matter of tuning your thumb with your eyes and ears.
Just a new method which I think is worth trying. Any thoughts or trials succesful or failed noted on this thread would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    LWRTHNULWRTHNU Registered Users 667 Posts
    Now, if the lights and sounds were synced better we could have some fun with this
  • Options
    Totally agreed. I'm making it work with my nsx right now. I turn sound off and watch lights only.But yes I do agree once that bug is fixed it would he more deadly
  • Options
    Grid Hot 236Grid Hot 236 Registered Users 215 Posts
    But me, i choose to hear the sound :)
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I have a friend that waits for a certain time and then hits the accelerater. He launches as the engine is accelerating.
  • Options
    beetlegiusebeetlegiuse Registered Users 206 Posts
    I think you mean REV DROP lol
  • Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    it would be a good idea no new racers, but for the elder members we have all masters drop launch which is easier for us.
  • Options
    PIGP3NPIGP3N Registered Users 212 Posts
    This sounds similar to the method I use to launch the dragster. It's a different method than the usual drop launch method. This have some positive results for some cars and disastrous results for other cars where the release is close to the launch or NOS light up.
  • Options
    Bryettaaa50.Bryettaaa50. Registered Users 5 Posts
    The second Explanation was easier to understand and I'm getting better reaction times already. Thanks
  • Options
    I have deemed this idea to be best whenever the drop method cannot be repeated easily. In my case the cars that you have to breath after the third light then let go... Well I'm a smoker and out of shape... My breath is way tinier than everyone else's lol.. so I'm just suggesting this as another option I don't think people may have thought about. And the science behind is more flawless then dealing with a wavering needle. Just my own opinion though
  • Options
    JdmlowkieJdmlowkie Registered Users 1,200 Posts
    REV DROP FTW!!!!
  • Options
    theoktonytheoktony Registered Users 34 Posts
    that method would work for my nsx. in order to rev drop i need to release before the first light comes on to get a perfect launch. the distance between max rev and perfect launch is too far for a drop launch (by far my trickiest car to launch imo). i tried the rev drop method but you need to be very consistant with how much rev you give.
  • Options
    stroddastrodda Registered Users 235 Posts
    theoktony wrote: »
    that method would work for my nsx. in order to rev drop i need to release before the first light comes on to get a perfect launch. the distance between max rev and perfect launch is too far for a drop launch (by far my trickiest car to launch imo). i tried the rev drop method but you need to be very consistant with how much rev you give.
    Its actually not that difficult with practice. The NOS button lights up right before the first light. Wait for NOS to turn red and then release the throttle.