Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

A few things on my mind......

Nitroguy360Nitroguy360 Registered Users 123 Posts
So i don't want to come up in here and just complain, I love this game.. but there is so much that this million dollar company can do to better the player its not even funny...

Here is a few things i have noticed in the "TWO WEEKS" I've been apart of the community...

1) Lobby jumpers = I find it so unfair and down right wrong that anyone in a 6-7.0 vehicle and just jump right in to any lobby they please just by joining a "friend".. Its not ok.. i mean there is plenty of new people on here that dont understand that concept of whats going on or know better on account of that car is 100%^ times faster/better then there little Civic Type R I do see this is something of the biggest issue that should be addressed.

2) The forums = These are the thing that keep most of the game on its toes, selling,reporting issues, finding teams..Etc, They are so darn slow on loading ANYTHING on any device whether it be my 900$ phone to my $7,000 built pc... loading screens take forever, to post something or comment on a post u have to refresh to even see it there. that should be work on as well..

3) Engine damage = How in the world does a vehicle foul out, and a vehicle run all the way down the lane and they get the same exact amount of damage?? Thats not right at all.. makes no sense...Didn't even leave the start point.. that should be addressed ...

4) Why does the letter on Facebook when we play from PC continuously have to change? why are they so difficult to see with all the clutter behind that horrible font? And why does the mouse even have to be used for racing? Can't we just use the up down arrows to shift? one button to launch and one for NOS? why make things so hard, they are bad enough ...

5) Ignore= What is the purpose of this button if it doesn't work? I hit ignore I can still, see there chat, I still get race requests, I still get friend adds for them to join on me in my D class room with there R class vehicle???? WOW not ok

6) A serious server upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is it I pass the finish line IN SLOW MO mind you, ahead of this vehicle by half a car and STILL lose the race????? the lag this game produces around turf time is ridiculous....

7) Acknowledgments of Admin= As I've made it clear here Admin really doesn't give two fucks on what we think considering nothing has been said here...
But on other note when there is a issue and a new topic is made, why don't admin ever say anything to help... Like a error screen or maybe can't connect to the server..sheeesh IDK.... seems that you only have a hand full of admin around here Ryys be the only to ever reply to anyone so which i've seen.

So far that is my point of view, I do understand EVERYONE of you have a different point and that's alright, we are all different.. But i just think if some things like this are brought to attention more maybe they could be attended to.. My biggest concern for the racing community is #1.

Comments

• Nitroguy360Nitroguy360 Registered Users 123 Posts
    OK so i'm curious as to do these things we say on here matter? are they even gone over or look at,or are they thrown aside like other ideas from other games? I'm curious to this because I have seen no acknowledgment from and Staff/admin.... and I'm sure at least one of my issues i have found would pass a petition if post (lobby jumping) so I'm just bringing this out once again, I'm not alone here.
  • larkspeedlarkspeed Registered Users 17 Posts
    I agree with everything posted here.

As to the changing launch key they claim that is to stop hackers which I'm sorry is just a load of bull. You don't think people can hack on Android or iPhone?

Besides which hackers could very easily have it setup that as soon as the needed launch key is displayed they hit that key before the launch button lights up so the hack knows what key to emulate.

That alone makes the reason for the random keys completely redundant.

Lobby jumpers seriously need to be addressed, I am getting sick and tired of sitting in a 12 second lobby only to have my ass handed to me by a 8 or 9 second car that has jumped in.

Friend requests should require authorization so people can't just blindly add you and then use you to jump into the slower rooms.

Ignore, I am told, only ignores private chat. Well sorry if I want to ignore someone I don't want anything to do with them at all.

The excruciatingly slow forums are just a joke, I am on a 500mb fiber connection and I still have to wait over a minute for each page to load, the rest of your website is fine so why are the forums so slow?

Engine damage should only be taken into account if the race is actually run.

And furthermore get rid of "invalid race, race was a tie" I still ran the damn race if it was a tie then either award both drivers the win amount or give both half either way I should still get something for running the race.

We also need some form of official car trading system, the number of car scammers on the servers that cie games is doing nothing about is disgusting, bring in and official car trading or car auction system and the scammers will be massively reduced.

I have spend real money on this game but no more, until at least some of these issues are addressed my wallet will remain closed, and I recommend others do the same.
    larkspeed wrote: »
    I agree with everything posted here.

As to the changing launch key they claim that is to stop hackers which I'm sorry is just a load of bull. You don't think people can hack on Android or iPhone?

Besides which hackers could very easily have it setup that as soon as the needed launch key is displayed they hit that key before the launch button lights up so the hack knows what key to emulate.

That alone makes the reason for the random keys completely redundant.

Lobby jumpers seriously need to be addressed, I am getting sick and tired of sitting in a 12 second lobby only to have my *** handed to me by a 8 or 9 second car that has jumped in.

Friend requests should require authorization so people can't just blindly add you and then use you to jump into the slower rooms.

Ignore, I am told, only ignores private chat. Well sorry if I want to ignore someone I don't want anything to do with them at all.

The excruciatingly slow forums are just a joke, I am on a 500mb fiber connection and I still have to wait over a minute for each page to load, the rest of your website is fine so why are the forums so slow?

Engine damage should only be taken into account if the race is actually run.

And furthermore get rid of "invalid race, race was a tie" I still ran the damn race if it was a tie then either award both drivers the win amount or give both half either way I should still get something for running the race.

We also need some form of official car trading system, the number of car scammers on the servers that cie games is doing nothing about is disgusting, bring in and official car trading or car auction system and the scammers will be massively reduced.

I have spend real money on this game but no more, until at least some of these issues are addressed my wallet will remain closed, and I recommend others do the same.

Very well said, I am highly pleased to know someone else is on the same page and will speak up about these issues. These really need to be addressed and i do feel we need some acknoledgement on these matters, I pay to play this game i dont play for free, I cant tel you how much money I have dump from my pocket just to be ignored as such..
    SIX DAYS PEOPLE ...SIX!!!

this post has been put up in order and STILL no acknowledgment from so called "staff/Admin"....This just goes to show how careless things are, Maybe this company is about revenue rather than the people that produce the money for them... Its very sad CIEgames, I expected something from you guys.. maybe a "Oh we are working on this BUT" or " this is why this is happening"... Nope... Horrible... Money changes people...proven fact right here..
  • dutchmaster1984dutchmaster1984 Registered Users 951 Posts
    Bummmppppp what section did u post this in tho
    Bummmppppp what section did u post this in tho

Suggestions and feedback, but as it seems this area is more "suggestion" and no feedback haha
    UP TOP!!!!!
  • GwellsdealGwellsdeal Registered Users 101 Posts
    Well first off its a racing game. One of the best as a matter of fact. Lobby jumping. I pretty sure they've covered that many times, Careful who you race you never know what's under the hood. If you wanna pinks or cash race fair you should join a good team and save it for TURF events it's the most "fair" race you'll get. Lol there's too much people complaining about "lobby jumping" there's no excuses as to why your cars slow. If you don't have confidence enough in your car then simply don't pinks. Engine damage. You foul you pay the price lol. Other than glitches, "hacks" and slow and loaded servers I think they're doing pretty good job.
  • KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    My game is a bit laggy but it's no buggy, I still got my large wad of cash from months ago (haven't been playing for a while) so I still got that lol, I like the new garage and general skin of the game, love the fact that there are some JDM 80s cars, and the V8 sound like a V8 lol, overall not too shabby, still a lot of scammers, but what do you expect... Just wish there was a auction house or something to stop the scams lol, but overall not too shabby
  • CanonguyCanonguy Registered Users 12 Posts
    I think the game itself needs a "used car lot". That would eliminate all scamming. It would be like the showroom but it would have cars racers want to sell. The app would have the car for sale and when it was bought the money would go to the seller. Ebay in the game :)
    bump to top
    up top once more
    As i stated above on #7 if people would do there job around here problems would be fixed. For instance, I had posted something in a "OFF TOPIC" thread and was verbally offended, did any admin do anything about it? No, of course not. its ok to talk like this here but they put a filter In game to stop it. This would of not continued if whoever watches these forums would do there job. Go through new posts daily NOT ALL but most IF not all, that is your duty.

Have you know Admins here are garbage and i will come out and say it IDGAF anymore,. ive drop hundreds of dollars into this game in hopes it would better the player and make a change, nope.

Here is my other thread that has been ignored http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.co...mes-and-amazon

Racism is complete bull**** and i am 100% against it, to have racial slurs thrown at me and NOBODY say a god damn thing nor even erase it is sheer bull****.

The fact is knowing the "PLAYERS" aren't heard and look over makes people leave this game.
  • DEMENTEDSOLDIER0DEMENTEDSOLDIER0 Registered Users 202 Posts
    Bump it up!
  • R311R311 Registered Users 221 Posts
    Hmm, id like to make some feedbacks to ur 1,2,3s.. I know im not an admin or what but, ill explain this in my feedbacks as well:

1) Lobby jumpers = yes, its bringing u how it actually is on the street buddy.. Theres no actual such thing as strict verification for any random guys on the street.. U only based ur judgement based on what u see or wtv knowledge u have over ur opponent's car.. Theres no promised made anywhere that only ppl on ur lvl or rating will be in any public lobby.. Look at the lobby number.. No promises.. Actually im glad of the filter function added because theres no such luxury when ur driving for real... Use ure head.. Dont accept random pinks.. U had full control not to accept.. There is no unrejectable pink request.. U accepted it.. Be responsible for it urself.. BUT!! U know where the qualification of being in a lobby matters though?? In an actual tourney or event!! Like the Turf event we got! Lol good thing its regulated there.. Where it should only be...

2) The forums = Its a free forum.. Theres no subscription fee at all charged to anyone with an account here.. Have u read the t&c of the cie contact for the game to us Users? No promises at all that such an online platform to discuss was made to us, and yet it was still provided.. I want to thank cie for hosting this for Users, at least there is 1 site i know thats universal for Everyone.. K why is it slow? Cause bandwidth cost money.. Ur internet may be 500mbps, but imagine being a server where theres 100,000 trying to send n retrieve data from u all at once? 500mbps from the sever would reduce to a really poor.. Solution? Upgrade, ur right.. Whose to pay the additional cost though? How will those cost be transfered to Us the User? Id rather have a laggy forum thats free and i know is universal then having to pay to it which will make it exclusive to some.. Leading the rest to do their own site.. Lol more risk to me thats what that sounds like...

3) Engine damage = Principles of the race are : Win = +, Lose = -, Tie = nothing.. Taking ur suggestion of sharing points, lets not forget about sharing the deduction on sc then? Hm wait a minute.. + and - = nothing anyways..

4) Why does the letter on Facebook when we play from PC continuously have to change? - It adds an extra layer to prevent or discourage botting as it makes it that much harder for someone to utilize personal bots to farm the game in one way or another automatically on its own..

5) Ignore - if i were to ignore a truck coming my way as i was crossing the street, I would not be able to see or realize the truck is even making any sounds to alert me.. Me ignoring the truck Does not make me disappear or be unseen to the truck., lol. Ignorr means not to care abt another Noun (ppl, places, or things). It is entirely Ur own views, and attention. Has nothing to do with the Noun being ignored's attention and awareness.. What u r describing is a different function all together commonly referred to as "Block" in facebook and ig.

6) A serious server upgrade - yes this happens sometimes.. How many times out of 100 though? Significant? The game utilizes some projection function to the races to keep bandwidth transfer btwn Players low (so the game be playable internationally) which i think is brilliant. Its not perfect but at least theres replays for us to see what really happened.. What i do is i switch to a quiet room and just skip through the replays and just watch what i want to from the lobby.

7) Acknowledgments of Admin - this is a community forum.. The feed back and suggestion can come from Anyone in this community... Are u sure u have any legal rights to think the Admin of cie should respond to ur forum post on a community site? Hmm, again for this you should really be looking at sending the tickets and email directly to CIE (where theres
    Actual company SOP timeline they have to obey and are subjected to internally). Not here. Im sure if u bothered to read the Help menu in game, theyed explain all this to you and save ur time...

K learn to chill and stop crying
    UP TOP ONCE MORE
  • Jrive09Jrive09 Registered Users 453 Posts
    bump this up. its time for some things to be addressed. itd be nice to hear from an admin
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Hey guys, there's some great ideas and concerns here.. The admin that runs this forum mostly was on a vaycay this week so it could be why you haven't seen a response. This is just my guess. I'm sure once he's bank and settled he will be all over this. Thank you for your patience.
    BUMP up top!!!!!!
    Auction house, and bug fixes probably most important here
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    Some answers to shed some light on things... hopefully this will help you...

1. This is because its suppose to be a game that you can play with your friends. When you deal (sell/trade/buy) in the game this is necessary thing.
    2. The forums unfortunately in that department has been a hit and miss and admins are hoping to upgrade the forums but the game comes first.
    3. Great suggestion will let an admin know about this. I know this has been brought up before but will bring it up again.
    4. Haven't really been on the facebook version of the game
    5. havent had to ignore anyone either lmao
    6. You are not running against your live opponent during the race. You are racing against what the person usually runs. Only after the race are the results sent to the servers and the winner is determined. You are NOT running against him at exactly that time though. This has been brought up and there should be a thread to explain this more in detail if you need be.
    7. The admins work with us moderators to upkeep the forums. The admins have other things to take care of and like Mud Digger has stated the one and only admin that is in charge of the forums has been on vacation. Most times a moderator will answer your questions and if worse comes to worse we will let the admins know.

For future reference as well this should go under the bugs thread seeing that this deals with more what is wrong with the game. Hope this helped you!!!! Thanks for bringing these things up!

So... Auction houses possible?
    UP TOP again